Galacticraft 4 - Reaching Venus with a T2 Rocket

SuperHammy3

Mar 1, 2017
I've tested some builds of Galacticraft 4 and have noticed that Venus requires a tier 3 rocket to reach while Mars needs a tier 2 rocket to reach. I think it would be more logical if tier 2 rockets could reach Venus due to Venus being closer to Earth than Mars is.

vos

May 31, 2015
I've tested some builds of Galacticraft 4 and have noticed that Venus requires a tier 3 rocket to reach while Mars needs a tier 2 rocket to reach. I think it would be more logical if tier 2 rockets could reach Venus due to Venus being closer to Earth than Mars is.
Remember that venus is really hot so the Tier 2 Rocket may melt

Reactions: SuperHammy3

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I see the GC tiers are rather about difficulty than about distance. That's why, I think, distance should be taken in account for fuel consumption.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperHammy3

SuperHammy3

Mar 1, 2017
Remember that venus is really hot so the Tier 2 Rocket may melt
Let's just assume steel is the material the rocket is made of as the heavy-duty plating requires steel.

Steel often melts at around 1370 degrees C (2500 degrees F).

The average temperature on Venus is 462 degrees C or 864 degrees F.

The temperature on Venus wouldn't be able to melt the metal.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
The atmosphere on Venus is very corrosive, it damages all metal objects, including player armor.

The Tier 3 Rocket has an outer hull which involves Desh, that's why it's black. To find Desh, you have to go to Mars.

And humankind will most definitely be going to Mars long before we get to Venus, I doubt if humans will travel to Venus this century.

SuperHammy3

Mar 1, 2017
The atmosphere on Venus is very corrosive, it damages all metal objects, including player armor.

The Tier 3 Rocket has an outer hull which involves Desh, that's why it's black. To find Desh, you have to go to Mars.

And humankind will most definitely be going to Mars long before we get to Venus, I doubt if humans will travel to Venus this century.
Interesting - But why would Desh not be damaged by Venus' atmosphere? What actually is Desh?