Galacticraft blocks disappear after being placed

ADrone

Nov 6, 2013
To start, I am posting this here because for some reason I am unable to post anything in the 'Bugs' section.

I am using a server hosting side minecraftserver.net and am trying to set up galacticraft on it.
I have followed many sets of instruction, and as of right now I have forge installed properly and the server recognizing that Galacticraft exists (in creative mode the galacticraft items are present and I can put them in my inventory). No galacticraft blocks spawned on the map, however, and when I try to place any of the galacticraft blocks it either dissapears after a split second from both the map and my inventory, or becomes an area of blank blocks (for certain items) that are invisible but can be destroyed by the player who placed it.

Hopefully someone has experienced this problem before and fixed it, if anyone wants additional information let me know and I will happily supply it.

Bradles :)

Nov 6, 2013
the exact same has happened with me, but i believe its something to do with the server because it still works in singleplayer. I'm going to try posting about it in the minecraft forums and ill let you know

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
To post in the bug forums, you have to use the "Submit a Bug Report" link at the top of the page. This is very unusual. Have you found an answer?

Nov 6, 2013
watch this video and it'll tell you how to do it.

By the way once you've started the server the first time delete the WORLD folder and restart the server, that way ores will be in there.

You need the same mods in your %appdata% mods folder to the ones in your server folder. There are two mods that I've found that have to be only in your %appdata% folder, those are optifine and rei's minimap it wont work if they are in the server folder.

Nov 6, 2013
That's alright, i know how frustrating it is. So if you watch the video above, i cant exactly remember but it does help.

You need to have the same mods in your %appdata% mods folder (called client by the way) as in the servers mods folder. there are some exceptions like reis minimap which you only have to have in you client mods folder. what i did was deleted all of the files for the world. so the world folder at the top. then reload the server with the mods in the folder and it should start a new world with the ores in as well cause you might have that problem too

If you want i can make a Youtube video if that was hard to understand.

Belka1989

Dec 14, 2013
So I need to restart the world to use Galacticraft? As I already know about the need for the mods in both client & Server mod folders. As for the ores, I have Tinker's Construction, which has same named ores and I've read that they don't conflict and are interchangeable(dunno if true or not thou)

Nov 6, 2013
yeah, try it, see if it works. I had to restart the server's world to generate the ores and after that it seemed to work, so I'm not exactly sure if it's that or not.