Galacticraft not loading from coremods

Banaedon

Jul 8, 2013
I am usng MultiMC and whenever I try to run a galacticraft game I get the following warning message in the log file:

2013-07-10 20:59:35 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Found an un-manifested jar file in the coremods folder : Galacticraft-1.6.2-a0.1.38.480.jar, it will be ignored.

I hae FML 5.2.23.738, Mincrafe Forge 7.8.1.738 and basic components 1.3.2.79 loaded.

using galacticraft core mod a0.1.38 atm although it doesn' seem to matter what version i load in as I still get the above warning message.

I downloaded the executable jar file directly from micdoodle8's galcticraft site so i shouldn' be dealing with an incorrect file type issue. Can anyone help identify why galacticract is not being recognized and thus not loading into Minecraft? I get basic componets recipes like the coal geneator and electric frnace but i am not getting the refinery or things associated with it. Thanks for any suggestions and let me know if more info is needed. Also, since galacticraft is not loading I cannot make a rocket or even the nasa workbench!

btw: all other entries in my Multimc console log are info or load entries - there ar no othr Warning entries.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Well if you're running 480 then I'm assuming that your running minecraft 1.6.2 and Forge 789. If not then there's part of your problem. The other problem is you didn't read the instructions. Coremods is no longer used. Try just plain mods. If you're running 1.5.2 then you need the galacticraft 410 and forge 738. I can assure you that that works. If you still have questions then ask. I'll see what I can do to help.

Banaedon

Jul 8, 2013
Well if you're running 480 then I'm assuming that your running minecraft 1.6.2 and Forge 789. If not then there's part of your problem. The other problem is you didn't read the instructions. Coremods is no longer used. Try just plain mods. If you're running 1.5.2 then you need the galacticraft 410 and forge 738. I can assure you that that works. If you still have questions then ask. I'll see what I can do to help.

Thanks for the reply. I am still running 1.5.2 (MultiMC doesn't support 1.6.? yet). I made an assumption that since, in the instructions (that you suggest I didn't read) it says on step 4 to drag the files downloaded into the 'coremods' folder if using 1.5.2 or lower (and that the Micdoodle Core is not equired for 1.5.2), and then load basic components, that the newest downloads could be run by 1.5.2. That at least is what the wording in the instructions suggests - that these files can be used for 1.5.2 and have a different load order. That apparantly is not the case, i understand that now. So, if I want to continue playing galacticraft I either update to 1.6.2 (personally I don't give a crud about horses and carpet!) or I have to do without oil, wire textures, and all the other things that have been updated/fixed since the 410 release. To be blunt, that sucks. I don't use any other mods so at this point there really is no point in reverting back to 410 as I'd have to use creative/cheat mode to obtain oil to even be able to use a spaceship so right there Galacticraft is no longer Galacticraft. Unless 1.5.2 gets some more love it seems i'll have to give up a mod I really, really, enjoyed before oil generation was broken. I'm sure one day I'll update to 1.6.? but not today. Thanks Micdoodle for an awesome mod! I had a blast with it up until 1.6.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Well I suggested 410 because I haven't tried anything after that with 1.5.2. I understand you're 1.5.2 pain. I play about 4 hours a night on a 1.5.2 server because my GF doesn't want to move on till her shaders and such are 1.6 compatible. Then I sally forth to 1.6.2 and whatever there is for galacticraft to check for bugs. I don't know that MultiMC will be necessary with 1.6 since it's built into the launcher. Profiles and such.

Banaedon

Jul 8, 2013
Well I suggested 410 because I haven't tried anything after that with 1.5.2. I understand you're 1.5.2 pain. I play about 4 hours a night on a 1.5.2 server because my GF doesn't want to move on till her shaders and such are 1.6 compatible. Then I sally forth to 1.6.2 and whatever there is for galacticraft to check for bugs. I don't know that MultiMC will be necessary with 1.6 since it's built into the launcher. Profiles and such.

Mo worries MasterOanarchy. I understanf Micdoodle8 is simply keeping up with the most current version but i'd be nice if 1.5.2 could get the oil and texture fixes to make them playable after build 410. I really don't like using creative/cheat mode to 'give' items but in the end if I have to do so I guess 'giving' myself oil isn't the worst thing I could do. Thanks again fo your replies! I appreciate the help!

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Some time soon we'll both be playing survival Galacticraft with no cheats. Till then. Bugs and Bug fixes. I liked minecraft updates till I got involved with Galacticraft. Now it seams like a coding nightmare. Horses, clay and carpet? pffft. The only update I see from here is the launcher. I can't imagine the extra time it takes MicDoodle. Anyway, when things settle a bit I'll make a server, and the survivalist can survive together. ;-)