Galacticraft space station dimensions - a thread for server admins

Adam Drury

Mar 15, 2014
Im having problems using warp/tp or any other command, basically I can use these while on the moon but leaving the moon even if someones there still i end up teleporting to the same location but on the overworld. Is there an option i need to allow teleportation/warp to galacticraft locations?

Adam Drury

Mar 15, 2014
Yes, I've done everything you mentioned. It's likely to be an old galacticraft version as it's the voltz 3.1.2 server setup I am using and a lot if the mods are outdated.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
I'm not too familiar with Voltz 3.1.2. But I doubt this is connected with any other mods, it will most likely be an issue with Galacticraft, Cauldron/Bukkit, or Essentials.

You'll need to break the issue down, some questions for you on your server:
* do Galacticraft dimensions stay loaded even if no player is on them (you need some method to tell you which dimensions are loaded, for example, Nallar's tick profiler mod)?
* does the /back command work to teleport a player back to a Galacticraft dimension he was on?
* can you set a bed on a Galacticraft dimension, die and respawn at the bed?

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
A small thing but quite interesting: if your configs have negative values for the GC planet dimension IDs (like the defaults, -28, -29, -30) then players will be able to make Nether Portals on the planets.

If you change those IDs to positive values - which is totally fine, it won't break anything in GC - then players will not be able to make Nether Portals on the planets. This is in vanilla Minecraft which disables Nether Portal creation in the End or any higher dimension ID. For the exact same reason, Nether Portals cannot be made on Space Stations. (It's possible some other mod or plugin can change this, for example Enhanced Portals 2 mod, but this is vanilla behaviour.)

---

This raises another point - what happens if the server and the client - which can both set GC planet dimension IDs in their configs - do not have the same config settings? The answer is that in GC3, recent versions (since 3.0.2.182), that should be no problem for Galacticraft which will still happily transport the players to those planets using rockets or /dimensiontp. But it might be a problem for other mods teleporting (e.g. Mekanism) or for Bukkit teleporting (e.g. Essentials) which I guess might produce client-side crashes in some situations. The easy answer is that clients must make sure their planet dimension IDs are the same as on the server. We are still working on a proper answer to this.