Gameplay questions

billybob8484

Oct 25, 2013
So I've not played Galacticraft in a while (not since it was still v1.0 and Forge only went up to 1.6.4), and I'm in the middle of a new playthrough and have a few questions.

- I haven't gathered enough meteoric iron to begin making airlock control blocks (and as best I can tell, airlock frames can't be controlled without the control blocks), so until I get enough, what works as a sealable door? So far I've just been plugging a 1x2 hole with dirt blocks since regular wooden/iron doors don't seem to allow for a seal (I'm pretty sure they used to?).

- How do you sleep on the moon? Beds technically work, in that you can sleep when it's nighttime, but it doesn't advance the time to morning. Cryogenic chambers work perfectly, but they can't be crafted until you get to mars and find desh ore.

- Is there a specific depth that cheese ore is more likely to be generated? The wiki page doesn't seem to specify, and it seems like it's exceedingly rare to find.

For reference, I'm running Minecraft 1.7.10 with Forge 10.13.0.1180 and Galacticraft BETA-1.7-3.0.1.170.

Thanks!

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
The answers I can scrape up for you:

-Their isn't any sealable door other than air locks... so I guess you'll have to deal with the dirt patchwork untill you get enough meteoric iron.

-Yup, cryo is sadly the only way

-Not sure, maybe someone else can answer this one for you

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
So I've not played Galacticraft in a while (not since it was still v1.0 and Forge only went up to 1.6.4), and I'm in the middle of a new playthrough and have a few questions.

- I haven't gathered enough meteoric iron to begin making airlock control blocks (and as best I can tell, airlock frames can't be controlled without the control blocks), so until I get enough, what works as a sealable door? So far I've just been plugging a 1x2 hole with dirt blocks since regular wooden/iron doors don't seem to allow for a seal (I'm pretty sure they used to?).

- How do you sleep on the moon? Beds technically work, in that you can sleep when it's nighttime, but it doesn't advance the time to morning. Cryogenic chambers work perfectly, but they can't be crafted until you get to mars and find desh ore.

- Is there a specific depth that cheese ore is more likely to be generated? The wiki page doesn't seem to specify, and it seems like it's exceedingly rare to find.

For reference, I'm running Minecraft 1.7.10 with Forge 10.13.0.1180 and Galacticraft BETA-1.7-3.0.1.170.

Thanks!

http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Cheese_Ore

"Occurrence

Cheese Ore can be found between layers Y=0 and Y=128 with a frequency of 12 clumps within every chunk"

You could make simple piston doors

Reactions: MoltonMontro

billybob8484

Oct 25, 2013
http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Cheese_Ore

"Occurrence

Cheese Ore can be found between layers Y=0 and Y=128 with a frequency of 12 clumps within every chunk"

Hah! Don't I feel like a big 'ol dummy, I don't know how I missed that....

I suppose I could do piston doors, it's not like I don't have an overabundance of redstone.

The bed thing sucks though, I think I'll just give myself a mulligan and creative mode one.

Thanks all!