Gas Mining of Planets

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
And you have to get to shelter before it happens and if you don't you could be blown of the edge of your base, where you die, or you could be zapped by the lightening, which is much more common and much deadlier than the kind on Earth. It also targets actual blocks (like your base) more than just random cloud to cloud shots (which can happen)

Apr 3, 2015
I posted this because Galacticraft is extremely expensive, so it should be capable of giving back at least a portion of what you put into the mod, because a tier one rocket alone is extremely consuming on resources.

Reactions: Codym2405

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
I posted this because Galacticraft is extremely expensive, so it should be capable of giving back at least a portion of what you put into the mod, because a tier one rocket alone is extremely consuming on resources.
Tier 3 gives you a lot of iron and aluminium, but I am always short of tin and copper :(. Yea, there should be some kind of resource gain available so you get a net gain. Right now, its just a drain on my resources and just gives me a late-game time fill. I play with IC2 and I always get a net profit be making machines, and with buildcraft I save a ton of time for the price of a small amount of resources. Gas mining would let me get other important materials and a net profit.

Apr 3, 2015
Tier 3 gives you a lot of iron and aluminium, but I am always short of tin and copper :(. Yea, there should be some kind of resource gain available so you get a net gain. Right now, its just a drain on my resources and just gives me a late-game time fill. I play with IC2 and I always get a net profit be making machines, and with buildcraft I save a ton of time for the price of a small amount of resources. Gas mining would let me get other important materials and a net profit.
Tier Three?
What do you mean, the rocket?
Also, I should have named this thread"Orbital gas mining" The Idea was from the Jigs in Planetary Annihilation.

May 1, 2015
Another idea is do a space station and then build tanker cargo rockets with big scoops. They drop down and skim the upper atmosphere for gas. For simplicity, they could have a separator built in to avoid canisters of mixed gases. In GC, you build and launch them with some oxygen for fuel plus empty canisters. After a while, they come back with many of the canisters loaded with hydrogen, helium, etc. And maybe some Deuterium for the fusion power.

Mar 8, 2015
Another idea is do a space station and then build tanker cargo rockets with big scoops. They drop down and skim the upper atmosphere for gas. For simplicity, they could have a separator built in to avoid canisters of mixed gases. In GC, you build and launch them with some oxygen for fuel plus empty canisters. After a while, they come back with many of the canisters loaded with hydrogen, helium, etc. And maybe some Deuterium for the fusion power.
But scoops won't do anything only a vacuum can suck gases, it cannot be physically harvest since it is gas