Gauntlet and its modes

Do you wanna cool gauntlet for galacticraft?

• Total voters

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014
Galacticraftian Standard M3 Gauntlet:
The galacticraft gauntlet it an item that you would spawn with when making a new world, or in the case you already made a world, will have appear in your inventory. The idea of the gauntlet is to be like Tropicraft's encyclopedia and as a multi-tool to help you learn about the mod and more. The gauntlets abilities are divided into modes, in which file under two categories; already installed and optional. The gauntlet already has a power supple which acts like a infinite battery, however, depending on the mode, takes time to recharge after use. The way you access the different modes is by clicking the "G" button which will bring up a GUI. On this GUI will be a quarter of a circle with little squares with symbols representing each mode.There would be two arrows to spin through the different modes. Most of the modes will have their own GUI's to use them as well.There will also be a small 2x2 crafting table in the gauntlet for additional modes to be added, with the gauntlet icon occupying one of the spaces. The following is a list of both categories of the modes( disclaimer, some modes may seem unnecessary, but keep in mind they could be helpful to people who have no experience with the mod):

Modes for Galacticraft Gauntlet:
The gauntlet is one the first part of the thread, the ideas listed below are the modes it has.

Already Installed Modes:

Galacticraft Data Base:
This mode is targeted primarily at new players for the mod and for future updates to help get the learning curve going. To use this mode, you have to click on the scanner mode icon, then it will bring up a GUI on the scanner mode and there will be a button that says" scan object". Afterwards you then look at whatever it is you want to scan, then right click and a yellow laser will appear out of the gauntlet. You then hold the laser on what you want to scan for 10 seconds and after that you will get a message saying " new data acquires". Then you go to the main GUI for your gauntlet and click the data center icon, and it will give you a basic summery on what you just scanned. Provided it will give you a general, but helpful discription of the object, but leave enough room for playing around with the mod.

Intergalactic GPS:
This mode is to help prevent you to get lost or separated from your supplies on whatever planet your on. Upon clicking on this mode's icon, it will present you with a replica of the solar system in accordance to what planets,moons, etc are currently in the mod. It will also highlight the celestial body your currently on as well. If you click on any of the planets and such it will bring up a map of what chunks you have loaded there already. You can, of course, use this map to set waypoints. The map also has two options; surfac or underground. The underground option will show any caves or other below ground areas you explored, it won't show any you haven't explored yet like dungeons to prevent abuse.

Flashlight:
A handy feature to help guide you through the dark if you magically run out of Glowstone torches.
Basically the way this mode works is you point at the spot you need light and it provides light there.

Galacticraft Map of Celestial Bodies:
This mode shows you all the planets, moons, asteroids, and other places to visit that are in the mod and show the gravity, oxygen, and what time it is on that planet.

Optional Modes:

Wireless Cargo Rocket Controller:
By crafting your gauntlet with a frequency module, a Redstone comparator, and an ender eye, you can signal cargo rockets right from your gauntlet.

Wrench Mode:
As the name implies, crafting a wrench with your gauntlet will save space and allow you to use a wrench on any machinery that is out of place.

Specimen Catcher:
Since this mod is more aimed at exploration, and that safari nets then to be a bit difficult to use at time with large mobs, I thought about there being a mode to make catching the cool alien creatures a bit easier. This mode requires an ender pearl, a lead, and a chest. This mode also requires a specimen container, which is crafted with compressed steel plates around a desh tinted glass pane of your choice. To use this mode, click on the capture mode's icon, then it will bring up a GUI that has three options; scan, capture, and release. It will also have 12 slots for the specimen containers, without them, the capture mode it useless.Then click the button that says" capture mob". Like the scan mode,a laser will appear , but this time you have to hold it for 14 seconds, and afterwards it will give you a message saying" mob captured. After that you can choose to scan the mob in its container or release it.

Europa Pet Holder:
This mode will allow you to carry your pet from europa( look to the boss mob for europa page more more details) with you wherever as it is too large for crates. To make it, you must craft your gauntlet with a large crate, an ender chest, and an ender eye. When you want to release it, it will show a laser that you use to select the location your pet will be released at.

Last edited:

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
I like this idea, and the flashlight really needs to be implemented because it is kind of annoying to constantly place arc lights on the asteroids biome to see just one brief moment only to get a confirmation if there actually is an asteroid...

Sorry for the unintentional bump!

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
I actually love this idea. However, I don't like the Wrench Mode, Specimen Catcher, and Europa pet holder.... it feels a bit cheaty. I'd like to see the gauntlet as more of an informative resource than something that will be an actual resource.

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
I actually love this idea. However, I don't like the Wrench Mode, Specimen Catcher, and Europa pet holder.... it feels a bit cheaty. I'd like to see the gauntlet as more of an informative resource than something that will be an actual resource.
Maybe make some of them unlockable via schematics or craftable?

Reactions: Vigilantecow