GC + BC = crude oil issues.. 1.7.10

Exit151

Aug 28, 2013
Hi all,
I am attempting to add BuildCraft to my already existing Forge server which runs among other mods, GalactiCraft.

According to the wiki for GC here: https://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/BuildCraft
It states:
Pre-version 3.0.9: warning if installing Buildcraft on existing worlds
In Galacticraft version 3.0.8.264 or earlier, installing the Buildcraft mod after you already created a world with Galacticraft installed was not advisable. If you did that, you lost all the Galacticraft oil in the world (Forge warned you and asked you if you want to continue). The reason this happened was Buildcraft also generates oil in the world, and Galacticraft was previously designed not to allow both types of oil in the world. Installing Buildcraft would therefore cause deletion of any Galacticraft oil which was already in the map (version 3.0.8.264 or earlier). From 3.0.8.265 existing Galacticraft oil is preserved, and there can be both Buildcraft oil and Galacticraft in the world together.
I am running the following versions:
Forge 1.7.10 build 1614
GC 1.7-3.0.12.501
BuildCraft 7.1.22

Akk the latest cept GC which apparently just updated to 502 in the last week or so after I just snagged the 501 files :)

So as you may have guessed, I'm trying to add Buildcraft (mainly because we want the connection pipes for fuel transfer to fuel loaders), and dispite what the wiki says, I'm getting the exact error you'd expect if I was using an older version (the one that removes the GC crude oil and fuel). I'm not sure why this is happening..

I also tried editing the GC config to:

# If this is enabled, GC oil will be added to existing Overworld maps where possible.
B:"Retro Gen of GC Oil in existing map chunks"=true
(was false)

And the result wen I start the server? (I hit CTRL-C to quit to avoid having to reoopy the original world files over and over :)..)

here are 4 missing blocks and items in this save.
If you continue the missing blocks/items will get removed.
A world backup will be automatically created in your saves directory.

Missing Blocks/Items:
GalacticraftCore:tile.fuel
GalacticraftCore:tile.crudeOilStill
GalacticraftCore:tile.fuel
GalacticraftCore:tile.crudeOilStill

Run the command /fml confirm or or /fml cancel to proceed.
Is the wiki no longer true/accurate? I'm clearly newer than the versions listed which means it 'should' work just fine. When I did try it, it removes GC's oil completely. Not just existing locations, but not even in the creative inventory menu under GC stuff where it would normally be.

Has anyone had this problem still and know a fix or why it's happening and what I can do to get them to play nicely together?

Thanks in advance,
exit151

edit#1: I also tried editing these lines to true (as seen), but when I do, the client tells me "Fatally missing blocks and items" and will not let me connect. I feel this actually might be closer, as the server did not weeor about the missing fuel and crudeoil, but maybe there is a command to run or something to update/edit blocks to the proper id/name or something?

Running without GC's crude oil isn't a deal breaker, but to be honest, I like the GC oil better than the oil source block things that come with buildcraft. Ideally both would spawn, as expected, but.. I'd like to get it going that way.

Last edited:

QuadShot

Jun 1, 2015
Sun City, AZ
Not sure this will help, MJRLegends' Space Astronomy (1.7.10 ModPack) has BC, so it must be do-able, and as far a I can tell it's configured as per the Wiki. I'm not sure how old your World is, but I did notice this in the config:

"# Set to true to make Galacticraft oil register as oilgc, for backwards compatibility with previously generated worlds.
B:"Use legacy oilgc fluid registration"=false

# Set to true to make Galacticraft fuel register as fuelgc, for backwards compatibility with previously generated worlds.
B:"Use legacy fuelgc fluid registration"=false"

Exit151

Aug 28, 2013
Yeah I did try those lines (see note #1 in my OP regarding the Fatally missing blocks). The map is only about a month old. I just don't understand why it won't play nice like it says it should lol :(