GC more compatible with other mods

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
Hey,
we used GC for a long time on our server, but it was not all time good. Everywhere we were getting compatibility issues and problems. For 1.7, the plans are to stop using GC forever and get some similar mod instead, because of incompatible things. A lot of bug were repaired since the beginning, but now I would like to focus on another things. We would like to continue the use of this mod, but we cannot, if it does not fit.

We have classic mods (BC, IC2, Greg Tech), so I would aim for compatibility with these. Our setting was to disable some ore spawning, what led to be able to get materials from GT advance (so no space flights before you invent electricity , make the Space one of the FINAL tiers , etc)
A lot of these will bring better compatibility also with other tech mods, but one is sure : there is totally FEW, who play only vanilla+GC.
Few suggestions:

- Let´s all ores being in oreDict to be able combine stuff freely. Especially Silicon (so we can disable ore spawning and there using GT one , since without it there is about 4 !!! types of that)
- mars + moon generator : in config there is "allow other mods to generate stuff in these planets", but it definetly did not work. For non-vanilla players, there is nothing to get from Mars and Moon (no really good ores etc.). Only few items, bosses and that was all. I wanted to spawn other ores or so , but how without the rewriting of YOUR code? So that would be great to get work to be able customize planets for industral resources and so.
- Some public space station : owned by server or fake player - with config to get there freely with rocket (putting the rocket into inventory, not in the chest, since public area would be somehow protected.
- dense plates and so : OreDict, so again there can be used another mod versions (vice versa).
-Electricity : conversion config is just OK, but i´m curious, that the battery has 2x more space for energy than the Storage module! Easier to get batteries than some good wiring, why?
- Electric machines EAT energy EVEN they are NOT WORKING.
- command to direct dimensiontp to exact dimension (and no to the lobby) - can be used with command blocks for making tp players to for example that public space station, if rocket handling won´t work.
- moon buggy ignores tons of blocks(especially on Earth), especially forge microblocks, it also ignores region flags, residence flags (for not being able to move into the areas - with buggy players are able to get there) - That is not good.

There is much more, but for now, this is enough. Please think about this stuff for Your 1.7 update. Galacticraft is quite nice mod, but for tech servers it lacks few things. The worst is that nobody has motivation to play GC part of the game, when Mars has nearly only vanilla ores , when having the space station is just "complicated stuff I get only for good eye looking".....

I would like to see GC as the final step for my server, after people manage to get their stuff from technic mods , some decent progress, to step up for Space flight. With need of decent technologies (in GT to get aluminium you need higher tiers etc) manage to get to the stars. And find there their high-end final tasks.
Then will be GC The needed part of every server.

Hanakocz