GC3 COMING NEXT WEEK! (NEWS: BETA IS OUT!)

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
What Ezer'Arch said ^^^^^^^^.

I expect that within 1-2 weeks after the 1.7.2 beta being released, there will be 1.7.2 and 1.7.10 versions of Galacticraft in parallel going forward.

The main difficulty is not compatibility with Minecraft 1.7.10 (we are already pretty much there with that) but compatibility with the 1.7.10 versions of other mods. Unfortunately one of the major mods which Galacticraft interacts with, that's IndustrialCraft2, changed how its API works between 1.7.2 and 1.7.10. Also 1.7.10 means Mekanism compatibility. I think guys who want to use Galacticraft in a 1.7.10 modpack will want to see it compatible with IC2 and Mekanism...

Reactions: Ezer'Arch

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
What Ezer'Arch said ^^^^^^^^.

I expect that within 1-2 weeks after the 1.7.2 beta being released, there will be 1.7.2 and 1.7.10 versions of Galacticraft in parallel going forward.

The main difficulty is not compatibility with Minecraft 1.7.10 (we are already pretty much there with that) but compatibility with the 1.7.10 versions of other mods. Unfortunately one of the major mods which Galacticraft interacts with, that's IndustrialCraft2, changed how its API works between 1.7.2 and 1.7.10. Also 1.7.10 means Mekanism compatibility. I think guys who want to use Galacticraft in a 1.7.10 modpack will want to see it compatible with IC2 and Mekanism...
Ya what you stated is very true, take your time with it. I was just being impatience. What I'll probably do now is something I've been wanting to do for a while and that is do a "Vanilla Galacticraft" run. Or just bug-test until a stable build is released.

DWIld

Jul 26, 2014
Fire of Space/Omega Quadrant
So I would like to report that the beta works fine with my other 34 mods, excpet I had one crash when I had some solar panels down, and when I entered the asteroid dimension it failed to find an asteroid to land on. (Creative mode helped though). So for a beta it's a pretty well working one.
I have a question though (bear in mind that I never used galacticraft before): So will I have to start a new world for the ores this mod comes with to spawn or is there a method to make them spawn in an existing world?

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
So I would like to report that the beta works fine with my other 34 mods, excpet I had one crash when I had some solar panels down, and when I entered the asteroid dimension it failed to find an asteroid to land on. (Creative mode helped though). So for a beta it's a pretty well working one.
I have a question though (bear in mind that I never used galacticraft before): So will I have to start a new world for the ores this mod comes with to spawn or is there a method to make them spawn in an existing world?

As with most (if not all) mods that affect/alter world generation, your existing world will generate the ores just fine, but they will only generate in new chunks that you haven't yet been to.

Benoni

Oct 20, 2013
I'll just wait... I'd rather use a stable version. That's just me. Have alot of fun everyone. :D

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
So I would like to report that the beta works fine with my other 34 mods, excpet I had one crash when I had some solar panels down.
Post the crash report please, it will help me to fix it. The full report so I can see which version numbers of each mod you are using.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
That crash report is connected with something trying to generate a structure during world gen as you moved around the map causing new chunks to be generated. A structure is a village, a hut, a Nether fortress, an abandoned mineshaft or some similar map feature with a built design. It seems to be in a Flat world. It could be any of the mods crashing this, could be vanilla Minecraft 1.7.2 even.

There is no information about which mod is causing the issue. I'm not saying it's not Galacticraft, it could be, but you have 10+ mods in there which could be the cause. I would start by looking at all the ones which can build structures. Galacticraft can build structures but only on the Moon, so if you weren't on the Moon when this happened, it probably wasn't Galacticraft.

Reactions: DWIld

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Galacticraft can build structures but only on the Moon, so if you weren't on the Moon when this happened, it probably wasn't Galacticraft.
Don't the "Celestial Dungeons of Unlocking Tiered Stuff-ies" count also?

DWIld

Jul 26, 2014
Fire of Space/Omega Quadrant
That crash report is connected with something trying to generate a structure during world gen as you moved around the map causing new chunks to be generated. A structure is a village, a hut, a Nether fortress, an abandoned mineshaft or some similar map feature with a built design. It seems to be in a Flat world. It could be any of the mods crashing this, could be vanilla Minecraft 1.7.2 even.

There is no information about which mod is causing the issue. I'm not saying it's not Galacticraft, it could be, but you have 10+ mods in there which could be the cause. I would start by looking at all the ones which can build structures. Galacticraft can build structures but only on the Moon, so if you weren't on the Moon when this happened, it probably wasn't Galacticraft.
Ok, then I'm pretty sure now that it wasn't Galacticraft. I made a flat world just to check it out in creative like I usually do with most of the newly installed mods and I have seen graveyards generating in a way that they were intersecting each other. So it must have beeen the Grave stones mod, which I think isn't in beta but that doesn't mean anything. Anyway thanks for the info.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Don't the "Celestial Dungeons of Unlocking Tiered Stuff-ies" count also?
Alien Villager villages on the Moon are 'structures'. Dungeons are not structures, they are made a different way.

Maybe we will add more structures in future for Mars, Asteroids etc (no promise, no current plans) but for now it's only the villages.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
"My̴̼͕̫̫s͓̠te͝ŕ͇͇̣͓̣io̰͓̣̗̲u̻̝̼͚͕s͉̱̣̮̺ ̸̭̪f̸̯͎͍͚̖̮̥o̥̪̼̘ͅr̴͔c̼̙̟̦e̶̫̠̟̳̘̱ͅs̱ ͍̹ͅa̸̦̹̹̳r̡̰̩e̪͕̦͚͈̺ ͚̬̦̬̰͇̲͝a͎͢t̶̟͎̝̭ ̵̲͈͕͕͖̳p̧̩̤l̵̯̙a҉y̛̲̣͇͙ ̙̩͚̝͚͈̦a̭͓͔̩͓̪̪n̖̖d̸̩͚ th̦̱̲͈͎e̙̼ ̱̥gy͔̜̦̳̜̜ͅr̟͔̠͔̘̝͎o̱̪͢ș̼͔c͖̬͍̮ó̙p͈̰̰̖̰̦͜e̬̩̦̤̪̖s̨̬̘̰ ̨̣͈͖̲̬̰a̯̙̟r̵̲̝͇̱͔ͅe̪ ̘͈̼ș̢̥̳͔͉͓p̛̯ịn͓͓̙̱͠ͅń̟͓̤̜̰̥i̵̤͔̟̝n͚̦͇͖̼͇̠͞g̺ ̗̺͟wi͖͖̲͎͓̬ld̥̖̣̘̲̙̗l̴y͇̥͎̮̻ͅ!̞̗̜͖͔͉̮"

Reactions: MoltonMontro

LividPumpkin

Nov 8, 2013
can i ask a question why did micdoodle started from mars and the asteroids belt and didn't make mercury and venus first ?