Git: Beam Receivers - add energy receiving ability to other mods blocks.

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
Do I get it right, that now we should be able to place beam receivers on other-mod blocks to transfer power into them? (And from them)
Because I tried few things, which make sense that they could get the energy from them (compatible energy system)
And nothing worked (I cannot place receivers on any of these blocks.)

-IC2 blocks in general
-AE2 Energy acceptor

I also tried to put it on GT machines, especially Transformator, but also nothing (and Transformator is only block able to receive EU energy)

Or it is still not fully functional, or it is "just for some mods" ?

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
It's not fully functional - it will be next build (195).
So if it "was" possible to put a Beam Receiver on those machines inputs it would in fact work, but right now something blocks you from placing the Beam Receiver there, that will now be fixed.

I have to say I'm pleased some players are reading the Git + changelog :)

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
Well, I read the one for GC, IC2 and obviously all changes to GT...Also sometimes some changes for smaller mods I have in my packs, but I think it is important to know, what is new or fixed...Especially bugfixes for GC, for now I am in state that when I will be able to upgrade server to 1.7.10 (as soon as Cauldron gets back online), I want to add GC into my pack (longtime plan, since it was not ready when we made wipe and upgrade to 1.7.2), and hopefully I don´t want aby bugs or exploits. So testing and looking to new things:) Hopefully I am not TOO much active? :D

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
We appreciate contributions from modpack makers + server owners, who usually have a good idea of what is broken, what is incompatible with other mods, and what can be done better.

We have fixed a lot of small bugs these last few days, and we are aiming to fix a lot more this week - who knows, maybe all :D If you are monitoring the Github, you will be aware there is a reported cross-mod issue #920 with Aluminum Ore + Ingots which is proving difficult at the moment, I expect that may be relevant to your modpack also.

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
Well, I do not consider Aluminium ore as a problem for me, I disallow all GC ores to spawn completely, so no problem :D
It is because it will totally break balance of other mods, especially GregTech, where the only way to get aluminium is Electrolytic way (as in real life) and then Blast Furnace (needed mid-technologies at least) , so ore allowing aluminium via furnace is really not good...And I have handled ores for all mods via PFAA:Geologica, which adds all ores (or at least all normal used) in the way of Veins, not scattered all around...(which means one ore for every type only. No 1st ore from GC, second from IC2 etc. Only one for all)
For silicon I just added recipe GT silicon -> GC silicon, because I don´t know now, how to change recipe in circuit fabricator to use oredicted silicon rather than raw one , for example printed silicon from AE2 woud be perfect for this...

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Build 195 is now available. Please note Beam Receivers not working yet with IC2 and Thermal Expansion - only Buildcraft and Mekanism so far. IC2 is coming later today I hope.

I guess you are using MineTweaker to add recipes? I don't think it's possible for it to add a Circuit Fabricator recipe. If you are just asking that any OreDictionary 'silicon' should be allowed in the silicon slot, I expect we can add that to GC.

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
Yes, i use MineTweaker to add recipes (or delete them, of course)
However, I did not remade any of machine intermnal recipes yet, I need to look into it more. For now, I am sure that internal GC machine recipes I won´t be able to remake, for this, I would probably go another way - blocking the machines and using recipes from other higher tech tier components, what I have in modpack...

For silicon as it is, if you want to make it better, I would suggest not using raw silicon, but refining it in some way, getting wilicon plates or ingots from raw silicon, then using it in recipes. Then there can be some sort of compatibility, because raw silicon - every mod gets it in another way, however in refined silicon, we can talk about something, where it goes to similar point.
AS I know, silicon is used in my modpack by AE2, GregTech, IC2 and GC.
However, a lot of GC users do not use GT, but I think a lot of them use AE2, so I think AE2 silicon is good thing to use here also. IC2 silicon is not quite good idea, because it is not that much used (only one thing is made from it I think)

Here is my OreDict entry for all silicon things

Code:
199: IC2 -> dustSiliconDioxide
313: GalacticraftCore -> oreSilicon
415: gregtech -> oreSilicon
416: gregtech -> oreNetherrackSilicon
417: gregtech -> oreEndstoneSilicon
418: gregtech -> oreBlackgraniteSilicon
419: gregtech -> oreRedgraniteSilicon
1434: gregtech -> dustTinySilicon
1638: gregtech -> dustTinySiliconDioxide
1749: gregtech -> dustSmallSilicon
1953: gregtech -> dustSmallSiliconDioxide
2064: gregtech -> dustSilicon
2270: gregtech -> dustSiliconDioxide
2388: gregtech -> dustImpureSilicon
2595: gregtech -> dustPureSilicon
2793: gregtech -> crushedSilicon
2991: gregtech -> crushedPurifiedSilicon
3189: gregtech -> crushedCentrifugedSilicon
3428: gregtech -> nuggetSilicon
3550: gregtech -> ingotSilicon
3693: gregtech -> plateSilicon
3874: gregtech -> stickSilicon
4094: gregtech -> roundSilicon
4217: gregtech -> boltSilicon
4384: gregtech -> screwSilicon
4551: gregtech -> ringSilicon
4674: gregtech -> foilSilicon
4807: gregtech -> cellSilicon
4865: gregtech -> cellSiliconDioxide
4882: gregtech -> cellPlasmaSilicon
6604: gregtech -> crateGtDustSilicon
6808: gregtech -> crateGtDustSiliconDioxide
6915: gregtech -> crateGtIngotSilicon
7083: gregtech -> crateGtPlateSilicon
7295: gregtech -> frameGtSilicon
7832: appliedenergistics2 -> itemSilicon

^ As you see, ore will be compatible :D but not an item

Yes, no silly mods like TE and so :p However if you have similar list of things from these mods like TE, mekanism and so, you can choose some relevant one...
Pff..I have one modpack using Mekanism and TE and GC, but it has no OreDict log. So bad they don´t work with OreDict more... :/

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
For 195, I will test it soon as I will have time (school things) , however one question : If it work for BC, does it also work for all things based on BC energy sytem (so RailCraft machines, Forestry machines, both of these mods motors) ? Because they use same MJ as BC... so if there is a check for "energy system used" rather than "hey, it is BuildCraft, so I can attach" ?

And...is there possibility to make beams not lossless? (config way) depending on the lenght of beam, if there can be some low % losses to the transferred energy. Or better, that beam receiver will need to work some energy to create beams? (and then if no energy, it will be red or grey and not green). Because of "free" beams is quite unrealistic :)

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
195 is not working yet - you can place the Beam Receiver but it will be grey in colour (not functioning). Please wait for 196 ...

The way all Galacticraft works with MJ is that if Buildcraft is installed then Galacticraft can send/receive MJ to any machine from any mod which is MJ compatible, but if not then Galacticraft won't try. We made one exception from this: EnderIO. If EnderIO is installed, then Galacticraft will send/receive MJ to any mod even if Buildcraft is not installed.

Galacticraft works exactly the same way with Joules (Mekanism), EU (IC2), and RF (Thermal Expansion) - transmission of each type of energy is conditional on that energy mod being present.

---

Thanks for the silicon info. As expected, in GT it's too many ... What I want to do for now is a simple solution, add one extra recipe to the Circuit Fabricator so that an oreDict silicon can be used in place of Galacticraft's silicon. (Then you can block GC silicon ore generation, I guess.) So which oreDict silicon should I use?

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
I will talk to others concerned in this (especially people which will be able to use it - so IC2, GT and other ppl) and then I will write you som conclusion. But I think it will be plateSilicon probably...

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Build .196 is available now, should be good with beams and IC2. (Note: IC2, and other mods, cannot yet send energy using beams, only receive.)

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
It is being tested on Kirara test server, so I expect some results from that also.
For the silicon thing, lets put there plateSilicon

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
build 198 looks quite nice(according to build changes). What levels on asteroids are? Something like "core", "outskirts of asteroids" and "debris" levels? Or?
and +1 for OreDicting , that is for sure the way forward :)

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
We were already oreDict compatible (have been for a long time)! But before this there were many different versions of the same recipe in the Compressor - for example with TiC and IC2 installed you would see maybe 9 pages of recipes in NEI for Compressed Aluminium. After 198 there is 1 Compressor recipe for Compressed Aluminium which shows all the different types of aluminium ingot as permutations. It's better: I like a tidy NEI.

I don't understand your question about asteroids? If you are asking about the tool levels change in 198, it is a small but obvious change: iron pick is needed to mine the asteroid ores, diamond for Ilmenite. Nobody remembered to set those tool levels before now. There's a lot to do in Galacticraft, it's such a large mod ...

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
Ah, mining levels of blocks, good. I was somehow misunderstading it, I was thinking about "where ores spawn" is tiered according if inside asteroids or on the edge of them or that....
Yes, there is a lot of work, no problems. And I hope that you are not offended or not happy with my questions, I would like to keep this threat to asking like this....sometimes, changes are not clear for me....But I like them :)

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
Radfast, if you still watch this threat....
How it is looking with congifs for ore generation in GC dimensions? Will it be soon, or I should not wait? The thing is, that I want to update my server to 1.7.10 and add Galacticraft, and my best hope was that I will be able to generate the GC worlds in some new planned way.....But if it is still "a lot to do" I will be probably make some restriction or another plan (probably preventing players to go to these dimensions for some time or so)....or I just need to wait few days..?

Also how looks thing with solar panels and their environment bonuses? Will it be here something to be able to configurate all dmensions separately, or it is abandoned idea?

I had not seen any of this in changes, so I pretend as it is still not in a game.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Oregen will be this week.

Solar panels and environment bonuses is not something I have been looking at but it's a small thing, so can probably do that this week as well.

You are correct that neither of these is yet in the game. We are working on a lot of things so that Galacticraft can stop being in "beta" - I would expect that this week too.

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
Yes, I know you have a lot of things, so no problem with it....just wanted to know what I can expect to make some plan for me:)
Thanks for good time expectations, but as always - take your time :)

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
OreDict silicon will be in the next Galacticraft build, tonight or this weekend, it will be 3.0.10.

How this works is you can specify an OreDict name of the silicon in the other mod - the default is itemSilicon for compatibility with silicon in a lot of mods (for example, EnderIO). But you can change that to plateSilicon or similar if you have another mod with more advanced items and you want only the advanced items to be usable in Galacticraft. If you want to make for a very hard game, you can even disable Galacticraft silicon ore from spawning in the world - that could make it so even something as simple as a Galacticraft solar panel is a late game item.