Glacticraft crashing with ThermalExpansion

skyhouse71

Feb 28, 2014
I am currently using version 2.0.11.978 (I also tried 2.0.10.972) and Thermal expansion version 3.0.0.2 and they wont work together. I don't have an error log to show because when I try to build a new world the game just hangs before the world can get generated. If I remove Glacticraft, everything works fine or, vice versa, if I remove ThermalExpansion than everything works fine. If I have both, the game hangs. Any ideas? Any config settings that I may have to change?

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
I think it's fine now since Micdoodle8 has made a lot of compitabilities now... :p

HVC FOG3Y34

Mar 3, 2014
Do you mean a dev version of 2.0.11? OP has tried build 978.
I don't own this post. But i was having this exact problem. I think they did fix it in the latest build and i think i know what the problem is. It might be another mod that isn't compatable with Galacticraft and Thermal expansion at the same time, just one or the other. Ill get back with the results of my testing to see what mod.

HVC FOG3Y34

Mar 3, 2014
OK i think i found the problem, for me anyways. The mod Orespawn doesn't like when both Galacticraft and Thermal Expansion are installed. But if you take out one of the mods it would work fine. Idk how to have a 3 mods in at once if any one has a solution that would be very cool and helpful. I'm going to make a post somewhere (don't know exactly where) so if someone does have the answer they can help. Ill post the link just in case someone in the future need the exact help i did.

HVC FOG3Y34

Mar 3, 2014
Ok my problem was way different i figured it out. I didn't have some Java setting right and it wasn't the mods at all. What i had to do was put "-Xms1G -Xmx3G -XX:MaxPermSize=256M" Without the quotes in the box labeled "JVM Argument" under the profile editor in the minecraft launcher. Hope that helps some other people! Thanks for the help though Blaze the Fox and AcapitalA.