Glacticraft + Mekanisum any tips?

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
Setting up a server, testing before I go live to my team with.... could use a little help

Is there a way to make Glacticraft Aluminum compatible with Mekanisum machines? Or am I pipe dreaming here?

Tin and Copper seem to be compatable and interchangable even though they have different ID's

and secondly

does anyone happen to know what line to add here to allow the Glacticraft sensor glasses to see Mekanism's Osimum ore?

# List blocks from other mods that the Sensor Glasses should recognize as solid blocks. Format is BlockName or BlockName:metadata.
S:"External Detectable IDs" <
minecraft:coal_ore
minecraft:diamond_ore
minecraft:gold_ore
minecraft:iron_ore
minecraft:lapis_ore
minecraft:redstone_ore
minecraft:lit_redstone_ore
>

I tried mekanism : osmium_ore

that didn't work

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I tried mekanism : osmium_ore

that didn't work
I would be surprised if it did. It's "Mekanism:OreBlock".

If you want to know the internal name of any block or item in the new format (instead of the old days numberic ID), do this:
  • Install NEI;
  • Search the block/item;
  • hover your mouse over the item, it will give you the old numberic ID.
  • Type "/give @p numberic_ID"
  • The game will warn you "Using numberic IDs will not be supported in the future. Please use names, such as 'name_ID.'";
  • name_ID is what you should use.
Is there a way to make Glacticraft Aluminum compatible with Mekanisum machines? Or am I pipe dreaming here?
No. Unless someone opens a feature request in the Mekanism GitHub to add support to these materials.

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
Or use Minetweaker, it can write you all of these items. /minetweaker hand will write you item in hand, /minetweaker inventory will write you all items in inventory (still in chat) or - /minetweaker names will write you down ALL items you have in game to the log file :)
And then you can also use it to tweak som recipes, however that is something more than you probably need. :) But having textfile with all names can be effective, especially when you can search through it :)

For that compability - here you can try adding recipe for another aluminium, or use mods, that use ore dictionary .... Better mods do use it.

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
Thanks guys
I didn't expect the aluminum thing.. but I did want the sensor goggles thing.
I appreciate it, and thanks for the tip on how to find such things
Is there anything else? I did find a config line in power about converting to Mekanisum power... and I set that to true... but it didnt seem to change anything... but everything seems to work... no problems. ( shrug )
any other tips about Gleacticraft +Mekanisum would be appreciated :)

Last edited:

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
I must be doing something else wrong, I still cant get it to work ( tried when I went home for lunch )

I did try what you posted, then I gave myself an ore and then copied it right from the server gui as you suguested

no work... there must be something else I have wrong.

But it isnt really a big deal, it isnt like it is hard to find or anything

thanks for trying anyway :)

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
Well, I cannot help you with Mekanism a lot, I do not use it on my server , same as I do not play with that. I let generate in world just one kind for each ore (so no 3 different coppers etc) and letting all being able to handle that one ore. I was playing only once with mekanism and what I found that you need one machine for one ore (mekanism one) , for another ore you need TE machine, for another GC machine - THIS kind of packs I don´t want to play anymore, I am used to the system where one kind of machines can handle ALL what big modpack can offer.
For the power, that is config for conversion of energy between these two types of energy (GC solar panel letting power Mekanism machines (so G MJ to Mekanism Watts or what are these unist), so it won´t do anything about how machines work.

Do you play on some server, or singleplayer?Maybe sometimes it is easier to come and see.... (or if you are interested in how my way works...)

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
I run a small server for family and friends

In Mekanisum I have turned off its ability to generate Copper and Tin so that only Glacticraft is generating it, not difficult to do.

However... Glacticraft ore smelted in a Mekansium machine will create Mekanisum ingots... but that has not been a huge deal. Itr wont stack with Glacticraft copper, but it will make Glacticraft items and such, they seem to be interchangeable. I can compress Mekansium Tin into Glacticraft compressed tin.. no problems

the only ore I am allowing Mekanisum to generate is Osmium, the basic material for Mekanisum machines

the power and machines seem to work together, I can power Mekansium with Glacticraft power wire, or vice versa... so I have not had any kinds of issues like that

I don't really like the idea of "mod packs" so I am just installing the mods direct myself, I am only using these two

Thank you for your post, it is interesting to hear about what others are doing

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
Well by "modpack" I mean couple of mods putted together, I make my own one for my server, not getting some premaid, that is not good to setup in a way how I would like to have it.
Well, this ability to interchange items, that is because of oredict. Then it does not matter what mod is ore from, when machine uses input as "gimme this kind of ore" instead of "gimme exactly this block" , all is OK. However when some ore does not fit and some yes - blame mod author - or it is feature (don´t know any of "features" in this, except MDiyo´s childish behaviour).

If you have any problem with your mekanism machines not accepting some input, you can try to add it -> look for this wiki http://minetweaker3.powerofbytes.com/wiki/ModTweaker:Mekanism_Support
You also can exchange all recipes via this method to get only one type of ingots from all machines (so you can stack them or use everywhere) Alternating nonworking recipes can help a lot (and you dont need to know programming Java or so)

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
LOL I misunderstood.... ok from that perspective I am using a mod pack too

what I am not fond of are Mod Packs put together by others and people download and use the "pack"

Id rather control the mods myself, and have the latest versions downloaded\

I agree with you on the whole blame thing... it is childish and I fear that is what others thought I was doing, I was just trying to make sure I was not making some kind of mistake.... I often do

I am no programmer..... although I do run a help desk for a large company, it is for very specific in house applications.

Thank you for that link... I will look into that :) it inst a huge deal... but it would make things nicer

I worry that it is the Marvin icon ( associated with me at work ) that people think what I am saying is sterner than it actually is... I am really pretty easy going