Glass at other planets

Aug 26, 2013
When I travel to other planets ( the moon only at the moment) I have to return to Earth many times for supplies. On the moon, I can make all of them ( like trees for oxygen, food, raw materials for building a moom base/city) expect for glass. Glass is a really important material for nice buildings, even in space/moon because the glass spheres with trees, farms, oxygen farms(leaves) look like very cool. I mean bulding anything need lots of glass, and thats the only material I can't make myself in the space/moon.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
So you want either natural glass on the planet, or sand? This only makes sense if there is natural glass, or sand on the planet. Besides you can build a rocket that has like 50 or so storage.

bart74

Mar 23, 2013
make your glass in overworld and fill the rocket inventory with,you should have enough glass

Aug 26, 2013
make your glass in overworld and fill the rocket inventory with,you should have enough glass
I can fill my inventory, or my spaceship too. I disagree with you, because if you go to the moon and build something, you use up your filled inventory and missile quickly. And when you get enough raw materials to go to the moon, you will have filled up a few doublechests with stone and dirt from mining. You will want to build huge towers, cities, farms from this. And the rocket inventory isn't so huge: oxygen and other machines fill a lot of space, and you ,may take decoration blocks too. If you have quickly runned out of these, you start building from moonrock. That's why I need glass, because moonrock buildings need windows.

Aug 26, 2013
So you want either natural glass on the planet, or sand? This only makes sense if there is natural glass, or sand on the planet. Besides you can build a rocket that has like 50 or so storage.
I neither mean glass nor sand, some kind of quartz that I can refine onto moon-glass.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I neither mean glass nor sand, some kind of quartz that I can refine onto moon-glass.
In fact, the Moon surface is covered with regolith, it's a sand-type dust present on Mars, Venus and Mercury and is made mostly of silica which is also used to make glass on Earth.

Micdoodle could implement some kind of grey sand, the regolith block, which could be found in large patches in the craters, lunar maria and valleys. The player could place regolith block in the electric furnaces to make glass.

Last edited:

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I can fill my inventory, or my spaceship too. I disagree with you, because if you go to the moon and build something, you use up your filled inventory and missile quickly. And when you get enough raw materials to go to the moon, you will have filled up a few doublechests with stone and dirt from mining. You will want to build huge towers, cities, farms from this. And the rocket inventory isn't so huge: oxygen and other machines fill a lot of space, and you ,may take decoration blocks too. If you have quickly runned out of these, you start building from moonrock. That's why I need glass, because moonrock buildings need windows.

NASA has to make several trips to bring everything they need. The International Space Station wasn't built in one trip. If you got to the moon legitly, you should have some sort base left on the Overworld. There's many mods that process materials for you, and teleport them to the moon or have them available for you on the moon.

In fact, the Moon surface is covered with regolith, it's a sand-type dust present on Mars, Venus and Mercury and is made mostly of silica which is also used to make glass on Earth.

Micdoodle could implement some kind of grey sand, the regolith block, which could be found in large patches in the craters and valleys. The player could place regolith block in the electric furnaces to make glass.

or Maserate/pulverize the mood blocks into regolith/gravel then process that into a type of sand. At least on the moon, I think that would probably the process that's best.

Reactions: Douglas_Fresh
Aug 26, 2013
NASA has to make several trips to bring everything they need. The International Space Station wasn't built in one trip. If you got to the moon legitly, you should have some sort base left on the Overworld. There's many mods that process materials for you, and teleport them to the moon or have them available for you on the moon.

or Maserate/pulverize the mood blocks into regolith/gravel then process that into a type of sand. At least on the moon, I think that would probably the process that's best.
Yes, but this is Minecraft, Not the NASA. Me and I think many minecraft players would not enjoy so many hours of preparing for each space journey.

Aug 26, 2013
And even to not have a new topic, prepareing for journeys should not be on Earth only. Like in the aether, you go there, and use the rescoures there. And think of it: I play in other dimensions, because I have played enough on the original minecraft, and I want sometimes something different.

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
And even to not have a new topic, prepareing for journeys should not be on Earth only. Like in the aether, you go there, and use the rescoures there. And think of it: I play in other dimensions, because I have played enough on the original minecraft, and I want sometimes something different.
The Aether has nothing to do with Galacticraft
Other planets are not like Earth. You have to gather supplies on time, deal with it

Reactions: Dex Luther

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
The Aether has nothing to do with Galacticraft
Other planets are not like Earth. You have to gather supplies on time, deal with it

"The FAQ of Misery"

"Q: Does the Aether mod has anything to do with Galacticraft?"

"A: No.."

Last edited:
Reactions: obsidianpower790

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
I don't like creative mode, I think survival is the best, and if you are going to solve this by creative mode, I'll use TMI in survival.
So you want it easier for survival, but no too easy. Please specify the exact amount of ease you want so that it doesn't break the game for other people who think it's just right.

Flashy-3

Aug 10, 2013
Rochester, New York
My idea is regolith for is every planet has it and they each give different types of glass. For example mars regolith would give a slightly red-ish reinforced glass block along with its pane