Hardened Glass

The_Glaive

Nov 11, 2014
Hey guys, I was wanting to build a structure on the moon using Hardened Glass. Is this a sealable block?
edit: I'm on a tekkit server, with the latest suggested build for tekkit.

Last edited:

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
Hardened glass? You've haven't specified which mod. Are you talking about the hardened glass from Thermal Expansion? If so, then no it won't seal. However you can add it to the sealable blocks list in the config.

The_Glaive

Nov 11, 2014
How do I do this for a server that is being hosted?

edit: I have access to the server files, but I am unable to locate the core.conf file in any of the sub-directories.

Last edited:

The_Glaive

Nov 11, 2014
Tell the server admins. Point them to this thread.
Ok, after drilling down to just about every folder, I finally found it and did this:

Code:
    # List IDs of non-opaque blocks from other mods (for example, special types of glass) that the Oxygen Sealer should recognize as solid seals. Format is ID:METADATA
    S:"External Sealable IDs" <
        20:0
        102:0
        919:0
    >

I wanted to use Hardened Glass because of it's blast resistance.

Last edited:

The_Glaive

Nov 11, 2014
So, I am gearing up to head to the moon and I built a test building on the overworld to test out a few things, and I ran into an issue. Even though I had added Hardened Glass to the galacticraft config file for sealable blocks, they still won't seal. I'm on Mincraft 1.6.4 and Galacticraft 2.

I made a very short (3 minute) video explaining my problem.

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Please update to the latest version of GC2 and test that, I think it's 2.0.14.1096.

Sorry, my bad, you can't update beyond 2.0.12.xxx versions if you are playing on somebody else's server.

The sealable IDs need to be set correctly on the server. Probably what is happening here is the server owner has not added Hardened Glass to the sealable IDs in his Galacticraft config. You need to ask the server owner to do that.

(You could also maybe try playing a quick single player game of Tekkit, go to creative, make a moon base and test the hardened glass. You can get to the Moon quickly in single player (cheats enabled) by using the command /dimensiontp [playername].)

The_Glaive

Nov 11, 2014
I am the owner of the server. I am using the latest build of Tekkit, and I have access to the config files for Galacticraft. I edited the config file to add the ID for hardened glass (919) into the config file, restarted the server, but the changes do not seem to have had any affect.
Code:
    # List IDs of non-opaque blocks from other mods (for example, special types of glass) that the Oxygen Sealer should recognize as solid seals. Format is ID:METADATA
    S:"External Sealable IDs" <

29:0

>

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Yes, please excuse me you did post the config already so I should have realised you are the server owner.

In your config you have 919 and 29 twice. You should take out the second lines 919 and 29, it may be breaking things. In GC version 2.0.12.1026, each ID needs the metadata, like this:
Code:
29:0
Also it's best not to have the blank lines in between: just have one ID on each line.

---

If that doesn't fix it then I'm not sure of the exact reason for this problem; even though I'm the guy who coded the sealer, and I'm confident it was working correctly by the time I'd finished it, that was around 9 months ago now and I don't remember what exactly changed from version to version. Could be version 1026 is not working correctly. Looking at the changelog, there were some sealer changes after version 1026.

Unfortunately, modpacks like Tekkit "lock" you to an out-of-date version of Galacticraft unless you are willing to update manually.
(I don't know why that specific GC version was chosen, and I have suggested to the Tekkit modpack makers they should update but I don't think they have any interest in making more 1.6.4 updates of Tekkit!)

If all the players on the server are your friends, I recommend the server and all players update to Galacticraft 2.0.14.1096 (just download its files and replace the Galacticraft files in your Tekkit folder). That version of GC will work fine with all the other mods in Tekkit, probably better than v.1026. The Technic Launcher might sometimes ask you if you want to "update" your Tekkit because it detects you do not have the "official" version 1026 of Galacticraft, so just answer No when it asks.

If using GC 2.0.14.1096 is not an option for all players (i.e. some players are locked to version 2.0.12.1026 on the client) then you must not update the server beyond 2.0.12.xxxx because a Galacticraft 2.0.12 client cannot connect to a Galacticraft 2.0.14 server. But you can still update server-side only from 2.0.12.1026 to the last 2.0.12 version which is 2.0.12.1059. Get it here: http://ci.micdoodle8.com/job/Galacticraft/1059/ I'd definitely recommend that for the server, it's better than 1026. There is no problem if a Galacticraft 2.0.12.1026 client connects to a Galacticraft 2.0.12.1059 server, everything will work. Changelog: http://ci.micdoodle8.com/job/Galacticraft/changes

HTH

Any more problems, please:
1) Make the simplest possible build to test the Sealer, like a Sealer in a 2 x 2 x 2 room of stone with 1 wall made of Hardened Glass
2) Test in single player as well
3) Post your server log from server startup to the first time a player goes to a base with a Sealer, I am looking for any error messages in the log from the Sealer ID code