Has anyone tried Stellarium mod?

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
I noticed a mod I've not heard of before, Stellarium by Abastro. Apparently it adds solar and lunar eclipses and other cool stuff.

If anyone has tried it in conjunction with Galacticraft, please report how you got on...

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Granted! Radfast has found a new toy.

Tested. My only complains until now are the vignetting never wears off even during the noon, it makes me feel sleepy, and it is a bit graphic/resource intensive.

It's cool. You can tell the Moon lags behind 1/28th*day every day so you can see the New Moon during the day time. The stars aren't random. Just the way how the Sun moves across the sky is a bit weird, I don't know if the mod takes in the account my Z-coord and seasons.

Space station: Overworld is gone. Sky color is always black.

Moon: Stellarium's sky overrides GC's, except the sky color is always black. I can see the Moon in the sky, no overworld. The lighting still follows GC's system, so it's possible to see the Sun in the sky while the surface is totally dark.

Mars: During the day the sky color follows GC's system. No overworld. There are some stars during. During the nighttime, almost no stars, and the orange fog never goes away (in fact even in GC it never goes away entirely, just this mod makes it thicker and more noticeable).

Asteroids: almost the same as on the Moon. And everything is pitch black.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
uh oh, sounds like we need to find a way to block this in the non-Overworld dimensions, or contact the author and ask him to...