Heavy-belt (Damn low gravity)

Thobiex

Mar 13, 2013
Are you tired of "super-low gravity" then we have what you need to not crack your head open by hitting the roof!
It's called "Heavy-belt" it's very simple! you make it with 2 leather at the sides and 1 iron block in the middle in a crafting table.
It makes you very heavy, and must only be used on the moon or other planets with low gravity
[WARNING!! Do not use it on the planet Earth it will crush you to the ground]

Woz2

Mar 10, 2013
It's an idea that could very well work, yes but you need to consider that Mars has very different gravity from the Moon, or Venus, Mercury, etc. Mars only having 3.711 m/s^2, Venus having 8.87, Mercury having 3.7, Jupiter having 24.79 (note that this is probably on the atmospheric surface rather than the oceanic surface, so if Steve could somehow miraculously survive the pressure, gravity would be more. Rule applies to all gas giants. Another thing about gas giants: they are more spread out and as such, their gravity is less intense.), Saturn at 10.44, Uranus (the titan of time, not the body part) at 8.69, Neptune at 11.15, the moon at 1.622 (16.5% of Earth's, not 18%), all compared the Earth's 9.78. As you can see, you're gonna need a lot of different kinds of belts. However, you only 1 type for our moon, any of the Jovian moons and Titan (being really lenient, as that window is from 1.2-ish to Io's almost 1.8 [Io is the only moon with gravity more than ours]). And you only need 1 type for Pluto, Triton, and possibly Eris (we won't actually know during our lifetime, as the planet has a 500+ year orbit period, and it too far away to measure). And for the rest except Neptune, Uranus, Venus, Jupiter, and Saturn would require their own unique weight belt to negate jumping issues.

Fun little fact: despite being about 25% of the entire asteroid belt's mass, Ceres only has a gravity .2 m/s^2. In addition, it is considered an embryotic planet, meaning if it weren't for Jupiter, the Asteroid Belt wouldn't exist and several mass extinctions wouldn't have happened on Earth.

(figures for Mars and Mercury, vary between which has more. Either way, they have the same gravity but one is moon-like without the sand/dirt, which would be glassed over into material like IRL obsidian [often called volcanic glass] and the other is... well, Mars-like.)

Woz2

Mar 10, 2013
Well, you can probably do so on Ceres, but if you were to toss a baseball with Earth physics, it would reach the escape velocity of Mars' smaller moon. If you were to ride a bike off a ramp going very fast, you would pass the escape velocity of the larger moon. It might be the other way around, I actually don't know. Because one can throw a baseball faster than they can ride a bike, if they have a good arm. (Major league Baseball, etc.)

sioux786

Mar 13, 2013
Maybe some iron boots with leather covering? and adjustable in the way of crafting also when used in planet earth you'll walk slower and when you fall you fall quicker meaning falling damage increased

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
Well, you can probably do so on Ceres, but if you were to toss a baseball with Earth physics, it would reach the escape velocity of Mars' smaller moon. If you were to ride a bike off a ramp going very fast, you would pass the escape velocity of the larger moon. It might be the other way around, I actually don't know. Because one can throw a baseball faster than they can ride a bike, if they have a good arm. (Major league Baseball, etc.)
Many of the asteroids on the asteroid belt don't have enough gravity to keep you on the thing, one jump and you'd be in space.

Woz2

Mar 10, 2013
Phobos and Demos are more or less asteroids. Just really large ones. And if you were to jump, you'd probably exit its gravitational field.

flashman111

Feb 12, 2013
I don't think a simple jump would kick you out of the gravitational field, they're too large for this to happen.

Woz2

Mar 10, 2013
I dunno, you do only weigh like 5 pounds... (obviously depending on your weight, I got his number based off how much I'd weigh on pluto, and then halved it.)

Woz2

Mar 10, 2013
True, gravity fields combine and interact but individual small fields lose all meaning after a certain distance.