Helpful Additions to Galacticraft Part 2

Do you want any of these ideas to be added to Galacticraft?

• Total voters

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014
This thread is for more ideas I have since I already filled the first thread, so here are even more ideas:

Modes for Galacticraft Gauntlet:
The gauntlet is one the first part of the thread, the ideas listed below are the modes it has.

Already Installed Modes:

Galacticraft Data Base:
This mode is targeted primarily at new players for the mod and for future updates to help get the learning curve going. To use this mode, you have to click on the scanner mode icon, then it will bring up a GUI on the scanner mode and there will be a button that says" scan object". Afterwards you then look at whatever it is you want to scan, then right click and a yellow laser will appear out of the gauntlet. You then hold the laser on what you want to scan for 10 seconds and after that you will get a message saying " new data acquires". Then you go to the main GUI for your gauntlet and click the data center icon, and it will give you a basic summery on what you just scanned. Provided it will give you a general, but helpful discription of the object, but leave enough room for playing around with the mod.

Intergalactic GPS:
This mode is to help prevent you to get lost or separated from your supplies on whatever planet your on. Upon clicking on this mode's icon, it will present you with a replica of the solar system in accordance to what planets,moons, etc are currently in the mod. It will also highlight the celestial body your currently on as well. If you click on any of the planets and such it will bring up a map of what chunks you have loaded there already. You can, of course, use this map to set waypoints. The map also has two options; surfac or underground. The underground option will show any caves or other below ground areas you explored, it won't show any you haven't explored yet like dungeons to prevent abuse.

Flashlight:
A handy feature to help guide you through the dark if you magically run out of Glowstone torches.
Basically the way this mode works is you point at the spot you need light and it provides light there.

Galacticraft Map of Celestial Bodies:
This mode shows you all the planets, moons, asteroids, and other places to visit that are in the mod and show the gravity, oxygen, and what time it is on that planet.

Optional Modes:

Wireless Cargo Rocket Controller:
By crafting your gauntlet with a frequency module, a Redstone comparator, and an ender eye, you can signal cargo rockets right from your gauntlet.

Wrench Mode:
As the name implies, crafting a wrench with your gauntlet will save space and allow you to use a wrench on any machinery that is out of place.

Specimen Catcher:
Since this mod is more aimed at exploration, and that safari nets then to be a bit difficult to use at time with large mobs, I thought about there being a mode to make catching the cool alien creatures a bit easier. This mode requires an ender pearl, a lead, and a chest. This mode also requires a specimen container, which is crafted with compressed steel plates around a desh tinted glass pane of your choice. To use this mode, click on the capture mode's icon, then it will bring up a GUI that has three options; scan, capture, and release. It will also have 12 slots for the specimen containers, without them, the capture mode it useless.Then click the button that says" capture mob". Like the scan mode,a laser will appear , but this time you have to hold it for 14 seconds, and afterwards it will give you a message saying" mob captured. After that you can choose to scan the mob in its container or release it.

Weather Alert:
In the event that weather types are added into the mod, this mode will alert you of any potentially hazardous ones are are on approach. To get this mode, you need a weather detector, a daylight sensor, and a note block.

Oxygen-Enriched Moon Stone:
This rare stone spawns in coal-sized veins and can only be acquired with a steel pickaxe.once you harvest this stone you place it into a grinder that is connect to an oxygen pipe, and as the grinder grinds the stone, it extracts the oxygen from it and yields the by-product of regular moonstone.

Anti-Radiation Spray:
The next dimension europa is exposed to lots of radiation, and that concept could possibly be added to the dimension. But rather than make a bunch of radiation proof blocks and such to protect you and you base, all ya have to do is make anti-radiation spray and used it on your base.To make the anti radiation material yourself,you need to make a material called silicon fiber, which is one string surrounded by silicon to make 3 fiber. You then smelt it to make liquid radiation proof material. You have to put that into a spray bottle, which is crafted with a dispenser on top of a bucket.Then you take the liquid radiation proof material and put it on top of the spray bottle and you get the anti-radiation spray. To use it, simply right click on any block and it will cause the block to have a slight gray tint on it. Without the radiation spray, you would catch radiation poisoning in your base on europa or Io.

More diverse Mars World Generation:
Blueberries; these have been found on mars in real life , and are a strange circular rock formation named " blueberries". In minecraft mars, this stone spawns in small clusters of circular blue stones that can be crafted into a dark blue dye.

Boulders;
Many mars images show mars being covered in large boulders, so why not add a mars boulder block and make boulder-like formations to add a bit more to mars.

Weather Detecter:
Many people have been suggesting the idea of weather in mars, however, some types of weather on other worlds can be dangerous. So to help prepare for any kind of bad weather on mars or Venus, you would want to build a weather detector. The idea is that this device will notify you if there is any hostile weather within proximity of your base. To make this, you need a daylight sensor in the top middle, a note block in the center, compressed steel on the sides in the middle, a frequency module in either top corner, and the rest filled in with compressed aluminum.

Barometer:
This device is for IF the planets also have high and low temperatures. Part of the crafting requires finding a new metal that is only in liquid form; mercury. As you would expect,you get the mercury with an oil extractor. Before you can put it into anything, you need to craft a us filled barometer, which is a glass bottle, with a feather on one side, and an inc sac in the other. Once you made that, put it into the refinery with the mercury and you will get a filled barometer. Also, since people have suggested a sort of temperature suit, you can add this item with redstone and a compass to the helmet portion of the suit to get an automated barometer that will tell you if it's way too hot or cold to prevent being turned into minecraft KFC or a minecraft Popsicle.

Mob Repulsion Tower:
This was inspired by the one in the game. Titanfall, in the sense that it repells mobs. This device is so that it makes building a base or outpost on a new planet a bit easier to deal with.to make it, you need to find a particular music disc" good O'l disc 11( it now has a use!), a not block in the middle, redstone in the top right corner, a frequency module in the top left corner, and the bottom is all compressed steel. If you don't know how to more or less " farm music disc in minecraft, you basically have a skeleton kill a creeper.A regular one will repel both peaceful and hostile mobs, even if you have wheat or seeds in your hand. To keep your farm animals in and the evolved zombies out, you need to add a mob recognition chip into the tower. To make it you need a note block in the middle,seeds on one side of it, a carrot on the other, and wheat above the noteblock, with one advanced wafer in the bottom middle and the rest filled in with compressed tin.

More ideas will be added here, and be sure to visit the first part for the other ideas.

Last edited:

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014
Lol
But if you want to be more popular on the forum you most do this
1. Try to reply to others topics
2. Post topics on other sections
3. Be Active most of the time
4. If anyone need help try hard to help him.
This are some tips my friend :)
I try to be active, but usually I have to manage school and other things, but thanks for the advice.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Lol
But if you want to be more popular on the forum
He was trying to be popular?

(...) you can do this:
1. Reply to others' topics in a helpful and thoughtful way.
2. Post topics on relevant and correct sections.
3. Balance your on-line activity with your real-life issues.
4. If anyone need help, try to help if you know the answer of if you have a useful tip.
I fixed those for you.

Also, better than being popular is to enjoy the forum, participate and being helpful, with no pressure or seeking fame and other things that make people despise being on the forum.

We are still monitoring the member rank system since when a few members cheated the system. We had to ban one and dished out a handful of heavy warnings. The possibility of removing the member rank system altogether is not discarded.

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014

I fixed those for you.

Also, better than being popular is to enjoy the forum, participate and being helpful, with no pressure or seeking fame and other things that make people despise being on the forum.

We are still monitoring the member rank system since when a few members cheated the system. We had to ban one and dished out a handful of heavy warnings. The possibility of removing the member rank system altogether is not discarded.
Um, I'm not trying to be popular, I just wanted to share my ideas for this mod, but I do like to help out in any way I can

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Um, I'm not trying to be popular, I just wanted to share my ideas for this mod, but I do like to help out in any way I can
No no, my question wasn't towards you. It's weird to see tips on "how to be popular" in a suggestion thread (specially in a well-written one).

If I scared you in some way, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. ^_^()

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space

I fixed those for you.

Thanks for edit
Actually its good ideas
Thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: Ops. The Xeno

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Solar Sails:
I won't go much into rocket customization since many other people have already made suggestions about it. But the idea for the solar sails is that it's a mode of transportation for your rocket that requires no fuel, but goes kinda slow. However, over time, the solar sails will cause your rocket to go a bit faster.

Modular Power Suit Support:
This feature is that the equipment like the gauntlet and the advanced goggles and so forth can be put onto your power suit from the modular power suit mod.

Solar Sails: I don't see the point. Where would you use these? They would be useless for getting to space, and Mitch already said no to exploring space.

MPS Support:
There's already a GC helmet upgrade for it. This might be as far as Mitch wants to go with this.

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
Flash light running on energy isn't a great idea, but LEDs attached to a helmet is. Just like EVA suits by NASA.
Solar sails are pointless, specimen catchers are a sick idea! Also boulders could be interesting, especially if it involves prospecting and drilling for special rocks.

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014
Solar Sails: I don't see the point. Where would you use these? They would be useless for getting to space, and Mitch already said no to exploring space.

MPS Support:
There's already a GC helmet upgrade for it. This might be as far as Mitch wants to go with this.[/quot
Flash light running on energy isn't a great idea, but LEDs attached to a helmet is. Just like EVA suits by NASA.
Solar sails are pointless, specimen catchers are a sick idea! Also boulders could be interesting, especially if it involves prospecting and drilling for special rocks.
thanks, I'll definitely consider a helmet LED, and the flashlight has unlimited energy, it's just has like a 10 second recharge time between 20 minute long uses.