Helpful Additions To Galacticraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014
Hello there,my name is Ops, and I wanted to give my ideas for some features that could be added to galacticraft.

Asteroid Dimension & Mining:
First is an asteroid belt dimension, which would have many large asteroids and draft planets in the dimension. The option to build a space station would be optional, but it would require a lot more material than the one around earth( if you built one). For this particular space build you will need a proactive shield emitter, which when powered keeps you space station from being destroyed. After that you can later go and mine asteroids for resources.The surface of an asteroid would take as long as it takes to mine obsidian to mine, once inside, you find a new ore type that generates in asteroids called; condensed ore.

Condensed Ore:

Condensed ore would take A LOT longer to mine , but it give you more ingots per ore than regular ore platinum, cobalt, and iridium ore, which would be essential for a tier 3 rocket.The only downside to it is that it would take a while to smelt( 5 minutes per ore in a regular furnace, 2 in a electric powered one).

Large Meteors:

This occurances would be very rare, but the idea of it is that a large meteor, not the one block sized one, but a huge, multi-block meteor will crash on the celestial body your on and be comprised of meteoric iron and compressed ore.

Tractor Beam And Beam Enhancers:

The asteroids in the dimension would also float away slowly and make it a concern that you will get lost from mining on one or getting smashed, to fix this you would need a tractor beam , which is a device that holds a asteroid in place for you to mine it. To acquire bigger ones, you would need to build a beam enhancer to emplify the beam.

Galacticraftian Standard M3 Gauntlet:
The galacticraft gauntlet it an item that you would spawn with when making a new world, or in the case you already made a world, will have appear in your inventory. The idea of the gauntlet is to be like Tropicraft's encyclopedia and as a multi-tool to help you learn about the mod and more. The gauntlets abilities are divided into modes, in which file under two categories; already installed and optional. The gauntlet already has a power supple which acts like a infinite battery, however, depending on the mode, takes time to recharge after use. The way you access the different modes is by clicking the "G" button which will bring up a GUI. On this GUI will be a quarter of a circle with little squares with symbols representing each mode.There would be two arrows to spin through the different modes. Most of the modes will have their own GUI's to use them as well.There will also be a small 2x2 crafting table in the gauntlet for additional modes to be added, with the gauntlet icon occupying one of the spaces. The following is a list of both categories of the modes( disclaimer, some modes may seem unnecessary, but keep in mind they could be helpful to people who have no experience with the mod):

Algae Fuel:
This idea was inspired by a gas station that used algae to be an alternative to gasoline. To make it, you first have to find a liquid that is only found in caves and spawns rarely called primordial ooze. To get it, you simply use a oil extractor and canister. Then you refine it just like you would oil and it gives you algae fuel. What you then need is to craft is an algae farm, which is a device used to "farm " it and extract to turn into fuel. Also keep in imd that the primordial ooze would spawn EXTREMELY rarely in caves( odds of 1 out of 100 to find a single source block) and spawns in small clusters of source blocks, not gigantic ponds.

New vehicles for the Moons and planets:
New vehicles variations for different celestial bodies could be implemented as using a moon buggy on places such as Europa or Venus would cause it to break.

Multiplayer Rocket: this rocket blueprint can be found rarely in dungeons on the overworld or in the dungeons on the different planets. It is a modification of the regular, one pilot rocket, due to being able to add small side compartments( up to 4 total) onto the rocket for your friends.The extra compartments would require even more material, and now the seats for the moon buggy per compartment and just for you.The rocket would also require more fuel to transport you and your friends to space.

Water Canister and Plugs:

Since Good O'l mic said about space debri, there could be a chance that tiny fragments of it hit your space station at high speeds and create a hole. This would then result in a huge amount of oxygen loss in your space station. To fix this, you need a water canister to squirt water and then the water flows directly to the hole, then you right click on the hole with a plug, and bam, good as new.

Landers as " Temporary Bases":
The idea is the lander you arrive in on your selected planet or moon could function as a temporary bases, in which you craft in, sleep in, and be safe from mobs in. It would have its own independent oxygen supple so you can only live in it for a certain amount of time.

Submersible to Rover Vehicle for Europa:

Natural I imagine the first thing we all wanna do on europa is go into its sub terrainean oceans, but the thing is your kinda screwed without a vehicle because who knows what's going to be down there. So my idea is you can build a vehicle for europa that has two modes; a submersible mode for the oceans, and a land mode for the surface.Part of the crafting will involve the lens used in making the goggles to help you see underwater on europa.

Small Scale Story Line:

Note this would similar to the end, in the sense that you don't HAVE ondo it, it's just there if you want to. But the idea is when you reach a certain point in the mod when you have lots of high tech stuff, an extremely advanced race destroys the overworld completely. So what up have to do is find there planet, and get their most advanced piece of tech; the planet builder( self explainitory what it does) and use it to rebuild the overworld and you won planet.

"ScaryEncounters"
This would be events you can trigger in the mod that make it more intense. So far I only have one idea for one with mars:

On rare occasion you can visit one of mars two moons, if you travel to one of them, you will find a strange alien artifact. If you right click on it the artifact shoots a beam to mars. At first it may seem normal, but once you head back to mars you will notice something a but different . Upon exploring you'll notice something peculiar in the distance, watching you. As your time on mars progresses you will also notice it gets closer and close, to the point you could be sound asleep in a cryocamber, and then it breaks into your base, and tampers with your stuff. If you kill it, it reveals the location of the creators or the artifact(their planet anyway)

Mob Repulsion Tower:
This was inspired by the tower in Titanfall, in which you build a mob repulsion device to keep mobs away from an area you want to build in. A regular one isn't able to differentiate from passive mobs you take with you and hostile mobs. To fix this, you need to put a mob analyzer chip into the device to keep passive mobs in. Without it, any passive mobs with you would go out of the area the device is in, even if you have wheat. And to keep this from being OP,you cannot sit this device within proximity of the dungeons.

Animal Crates:

A containment unit designed to ferry mobs of your choice to different planets. There would be a small one( for dogs and cats), a medium one( for pigs and sheep), and a large one( for horses, cows, and mobs from other mods like Mo' creatures).

Animal Oxygen Mask and Oxygen Gauge:
To make this you simply make a helmet and oxygen system, and add a lead to both in the crafting table. To provide whatever animal you bring with you oxygen, you would have to place the oxygen tanks on manually, and craft a wireless oxygen gauge for your animals to see how much oxygen they have.

Alien Outpost:

This rare dungeon can be found on any of the celestial bodies, and the ideas that it is the long abandoned outpost of aliens, in which can contain materials and schematics that you can't find anywhere else.

Space Elevator:
This machine will allow you to have a direct line from the overworld to your space station, and for europa if you build a base on the surface and on the bottom of its oceans.You need to build a space elevator controller which slowly over time builds the space elevator and allows you to use it. It would be circular and have a platform in the middle that allows you to place blocks and chest on it to transport items. If you ride the elevator to your space station it gives you nausea from traveling so fast, and hunger.

Sinking And floating chest:
The buoyancy chest is a block that allows you store items in it, and cause it to float to the surface of europa. The sinking chest does the opposite and would be useful if you build a base at the bottom of europa's ocean floor, or planets similar to it.

Crash Sites:
This uncommon event will result in a crater in the ground with piles of scrap around the crater. if you break the scrap pile it will randomly give you and ingot or rarely, a compressed plate. The rate loot from this crash site would be an pure tier rocket blueprint.

Those are my ideas so far, thanks for reading, and if you want to add to any of them feel free to, I'm open to construct criticism, and if you have any questions, please let me know and I'll answer them,:)

Last edited:

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
The asteroid dimension has been suggested, you could have posted there. Though, you are new.

Furnaces are made so everything smelts at the same time.

Debris has been hinted at.

Having a moving object to mine on could prove to be difficult to code, it would have more bugs than other stuff and would likely crash when mining.

Those variation examples use planets not added yet.

Why call it the GalactiCraft Gauntlet? Also, the scanner would be useless seeing how people would likely know everything about it and have mods installed that tell them this stuff. It seems very OP, could you include cons to everything instead of just the pros? It helps to know.

The Rocket Upgrade-r sounds OP. The con is that it takes a lot of electricity and that's it? Not realistic at all, and very OP. Some people have energy farms.

EDIT - Why not carry around a clock?

Last edited:

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Rather that critize, you could suggest ways to improve upon them.
The only two things I could possibly improve upon is the upgrade-r and the gauntlet. Though I don't see an actual point in the gauntlet, and the upgrade-r just doesn't make sense to me, so I explained why. Also, you can make improvements on your post from mine.

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014
Ok, I just made improvements, thanks for the suggestions Molten, and I'm sorry if I got a bit ticked, it's just I wanted to give my ideas out for the mod.

Reactions: MoltonMontro

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Ok, I just made improvements, thanks for the suggestions Molten, and I'm sorry if I got a bit ticked, it's just I wanted to give my ideas out for the mod.
Most people who make their first thread do, it's alright.

Condensed Ore sounds nice for asteroids.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Having a moving object to mine on could prove to be difficult to code, it would have more bugs than other stuff and would likely crash when mining.

I have no experience with coding anything, but from hearing the way people talk about how the Minecraft engine works I was wondering if it is even possible to mine moving blocks. The way I understand it I wouldn't think it possible with the constant block updates. Who knows, I'm probably completely wrong.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
I have no experience with coding anything, but from hearing the way people talk about how the Minecraft engine works I was wondering if it is even possible to mine moving blocks. The way I understand it I wouldn't think it possible with the constant block updates. Who knows, I'm probably completely wrong.
I think there was an airship mod called MetaWorlds where you could, but only that mod really let you do that.

Platinum and cobalt should be in asteroids. It could be used for better rocket pieces, or the T3 rocket. Whichever is first, a third tier or a fully custom rocket.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
For the Europa vehicle, I was thinking of two separate vehicles. One is like an air-boat. It can travel across the top of water and on ice. Then there could be the submarine everyone has asked for. Maybe have a drill on it to mine with or break blocks that get rammed.

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014
Or do drill through the good old minecraft way: stack of tnt, some redstone,a lever, and you screaming yolo.

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014
Also. Speaking of europa subs, if one isn't added, then I'm working on a massive one for the meta worlds mod, maybe I can out images of it when it's done.

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014

As far as moving asteroids, I've seen servers use simple plugins to make multi blocks structures move, so it is do-able.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Oh no, I've seen many a moving multi block...I mean will the blocks involved "reset" as you are trying to mine them? The moving isn't what I was questioning, the mining while it's moving was what I was unsure of. Either way, point taken and you would know better than I so you are probably right.

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014
Oh no, I've seen many a moving multi block...I mean will the blocks involved "reset" as you are trying to mine them? The moving isn't what I was questioning, the mining while it's moving was what I was unsure of. Either way, point taken and you would know better than I so you are probably right.
As you mine them they disappear, and if I was mining said asteroid and then disconnect to get a hot pocket, then log back on, the blocks I broke would be gone, and the asteroid in its position as it was prior to my hot pocket break.

Status
Not open for further replies.