Homemade Rocket Launch

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
After 2 months of hard work i finally finished my homemade rocket designed to leave the stratosphere and film the earths roundish image from the height, i launched it yesterday during the afternoon sadly nearly done with it's trip the oxidizer tank ruptured and my whole rocket blew up, my on-board camera was destroyed!! I lost footage of the launch aboard the rocket and this depressed me.
Please tell me what you think of my rocket and all the hard work i put in it.
Fuel: Rubber + Nitrous oxide
28mmqls.jpg

Reactions: IsoMS

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
Or maybe i have knowledge of small rockets and this was very simple to assemble.
Just because you can't accomplish something doesn't mean others can't.

May 17, 2014
Sure, what ever you say.
I know that is sarcasm i know that you have trouble speaking with peaple just take a pill and take an deep breath and explain some proof of this. I would happely believe this but its the interne ya know i can be lieng im an elf from mars here to bring war.

EDIT i have accomplish this. Giant Fire rocket

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
I know that is sarcasm i know that you have trouble speaking with peaple just take a pill and take an deep breath and explain some proof of this. I would happely believe this but its the interne ya know i can be lieng im an elf from mars here to bring war.

EDIT i have accomplish this. Giant Fire rocket
Basically you fill a cylinder with rubber with a hole in the middle, above that section you have a oxidizer tank which pushes the oxidizer under "nitrous oxide" which causes it to burn a lot more efficiently that in basic air propelling it upwards. When the tank had a leak it ruptured mid-flight destroying the craft in a fiery explosion which lead to the destruction of my on-board go-pro camera which was filming it, i was hoping to get some film at great height for a roundish earth picture.

May 17, 2014
Basically you fill a cylinder with rubber with a hole in the middle, above that section you have a oxidizer tank which pushes the oxidizer under "nitrous oxide" which causes it to burn a lot more efficiently that in basic air propelling it upwards. When the tank had a leak it ruptured mid-flight destroying the craft in a fiery explosion which lead to the destruction of my on-board go-pro camera which was filming it, i was hoping to get some film at great height for a roundish earth picture.
Aaah ok i made an fire rocket that was an....crappy piece of shit lol. Any more pictures?.

I hope you understand im sceptict because its the godamn internet

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
Aaah ok i made an fire rocket that was an....crappy piece of shit lol. Any more pictures?.

I hope you understand im sceptict because its the godamn internet
I have plenty more but most of them are blurry because it was moving while i was snapping pictures.
Edit: i can add more if you want, they just won't be that good

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
When i originally made the rocket i was aiming for pictures like this.
10nfio6.jpg

The rocket could have gotten a picture like that, sadly it blew up :c

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
Can you move this to skype? skype: @$%^%#(Removed for anonymity) , please stay on topic if you post on a thread.

Mar 11, 2013
germany
cool you made a rocket all by yourone :D
im not a scientist but i play a lot of kerbal space program and am a very logistic thinker (dont worry im not gone atvise you to put on more bosters -w-)

what i think is that your rocket acceleraded to quickly and couldnt stand the heat of the acurating air, like a tiny fersion of re-entery heating, its unnesesary to let it brake te sound barriar specially with a small craft like that.

did you programed the lancing proticol or did you stear the craft manually...?