How do I activate the parachute

Sydcul

Apr 4, 2013
Hello,

This might sound very stupid, but I don't know how to open the parachute. I can't find any control map or a setting in the Minecraft controls GUI.
I can't really look in the source code right now, GitHub is down. Maybe someone should consider creating a controls list on the website.
This is my first time playing this mod. Please don't hate on me.

Thanks in advance.

Hypermegazord

Feb 17, 2013
It only activates when you travel to other planets.
You need to put it on your Galacticraft inventory (default key to open it is R), and when you travel to another planet, to Moon, or Space Station, it auto activates.

You cant activate it in another way. :(

Apr 16, 2013
The parachute isn't for stopping normal falls, it's to prevent you from going splat on the ground when you go to new planets. The rocket doesn't actually land, instead you're spawned way up in the sky and parachute down automatically. Shortly after you land, you should see a parachuting chest. When it hits the ground, open it, it will contain the rocket and all items stored in it, as well as the disassembled landing pad and a canister of any spare fuel. (By the way, the above poster is slightly incorrect, when you go to a station you spawn in the middle of it, not up in the air.)