how do spin thrusters work?

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Everyone, just a heads up that there is a new version 3.0.0.155 out. It fixes a couple of the problems with space station movement so now you should be able to move about on space stations in the way that we intended. A bug with the sky spinning backwards has also been fixed.

(There's still a bug with right-clicking the spin thrusters, it does nothing, we'll get that fixed soon.)
I noticed the bug, it is preventing me form going forward forever...
Is going forward forever with no fuel even logical?

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I noticed the bug, it is preventing me form going forward forever...
Is going forward forever with no fuel even logical?

Sure it is. All you need is a short burst to get started, then inertia keeps you going. Since a fuel canister is in the crafting recipe, I think it could be safe to say that it contains enough fuel to supply such small bursts for quite a long time.

Reactions: AcapitalA

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Sure it is. All you need is a short burst to get started, then inertia keeps you going. Since a fuel canister is in the crafting recipe, I think it could be safe to say that it contains enough fuel to supply such small bursts for quite a long time.
Forgot about the inertia...
A heads up for spin thruster fans: new build 3.0.0.156 (get it here http://ci.micdoodle8.com/job/Galacticraft-1.7/156/) has fixed the right-clicking bug and a couple of other minor issues, they are now working how they are supposed to.
So, can you see the Overworld rotate now if you put 2 spin thrusters in the same direction?

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
The Overworld stays still and the space station turns. That's how it was always supposed to be, unfortunately a bug crept in somewhere along the way which made the Overworld also turn, that bug is now fixed.

fun0326

May 18, 2014
Radfast why dont you just make the spin thrusters aim downward and make gravity downward?

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
@fun0326 Three reasons:
1) That's not going to solve anything, because as the space station turns you'd need gravity left and right, and upwards
2) You'd run into problems spinning with y < 0 or y > 255
3) I think it would be too dis-orienting for players who are not trained astronauts - but the spin we have now, every player kind of "gets" because we've all played on carousels / roundabouts as kids.