How to make a Galacticraft 1.6.X server

Jul 18, 2013
Basically me and a friend have installed Galacticraft 1.6 with the basic components required to play. So how am I able to make a server with this mod on it?
Thanks.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
It's easy as pie.
1.) Download the Forge installer.
2.) Click the server install button. Tell it the folder you want. Hit install.
3.) Put the Galacticraft JAR's into the mods folder. You may have to create it.
4.) Run the minecraftforge-universal.......jar

IMPORTANT. If after you started the server you don't see a ForgeModLoader-server.log file something is wrong.

Last edited:

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
It's easy as pie. Download the Forge installer. Click the server install button. Tell it the folder you want. Hit install. Put the Galacticraft JAR's into the mods folder done.
Cherry Pie Instructions​

Place cherries in medium saucepan and place over heat. Cover. After the cherries lose considerable juice, which may take a few minutes, remove from heat. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cornstarch together. Pour this mixture into the hot cherries and mix well. Add the almond extract, if desired, and mix. Return the mixture to the stove and cook over low heat until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and let cool. If the filling is too thick, add a little water, too thin, add a little more cornstarch.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Use your favorite pie dough recipe. Prepare your crust. Divide in half. Roll out each piece large enough to fit into an 8 to 9-inch pan. Pour cooled cherry mixture into the crust. Dot with butter. Moisten edge of bottom crust. Place top crust on and flute the edge of the pie. Make a slit in the middle of the crust for steam to escape. Sprinkle with sugar.

Bake for about 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/the-best-of/cherry-pie-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback

That doesn't look simple to me.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
I know how to make pie by heart, so I have a bit of an advantage. It's easier than pie then. Also you can substitute fresh cherries for canned.

Reactions: NonixDark

Gareth

Jul 21, 2013
It's easy as pie. Download the Forge installer. Click the server install button. Tell it the folder you want. Hit install. Put the Galacticraft JAR's into the mods folder done.

Should the Server folder have a mods folder in it? or does the server not need the mods therefore only the client mods folder?

I ask this because I finally got it going on the client, can mine ores tin aluminum etc, but when i connect to my server I cant find the ore anywhere.

Server only has Libraries and World folder.

thanks in advance for help :)

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
When you install forge into the server and run it it makes a mods folder. Thats where you put the micdoodle and galacticraft jars. Assuming 1.6.2.

Gareth

Jul 21, 2013
Thats what i thought. Yes 1.6.2
My server folder only has Libraries and World folder. No mods.
I have used forgemod installer to install to the server folder, but all it makes is the Libraries folder. There are a number of folders in that, but no mods.

Also, I get no errors.

Here is exactly what my Server Folder has in it.
http://i.imgur.com/p1jnhNI.png

Im not sure how the mods folder is generated on the server, because the forge installer isnt making one.

G

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Looks good. Are you running the Minecraft_server...exe, or the minecraftforge.....jar? You should be running the minecraftforge.....jar file. Or make a batch file.

Gareth

Jul 21, 2013
Oh I am running the Minecraft Server exe to start the server
If i run minecraftforge-universal-1.6.2-9.10.0.802.jar, it does nothing

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
I see the problem. You need to download the Forge INSTALLER file, or download the minecraft_server.jar file and put the forge files in it manually. Try the installer though it's much easier.

Gareth

Jul 21, 2013
I have used forgemod installer to install to the server folder, but all it makes is the Libraries folder. There are a number of folders in that, but no mods
The forge installer file is:
minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-9.10.0.802.jar 4.073MB
so that didnt seem to work.
or download the minecraft_server.jar file and put the forge files in it manually
Is there instruction on how to merge these 2 java files? and do I have to create a mod folder myself in the minecraft server jar?

thanks again for all the help, im a bit of a noob, but i feel im so close to getting this going! >.<

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
When I run the installer and Tick Server. Point it at an Empty folder. It makes a libraries folder, and downloads the minecraft_server.1.6.2.jar. I made a mods folder. Copied the galacticraft jars into that folder and ran the minecraftforge-universal-1.6.2-9.10.0.802.jar file. It launched the minecraft server gui and I was done. Delete everything in that folder and start over.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Iono. Never asked him. I'm just here because I like this mod, and from what I've seen on the forums you could spend hours repeating the same thing over and over and over again. So I figured since I don't know how to code, I would help by babysitting the forums. Moderator is allot of responsibility. ;-)

Gareth

Jul 21, 2013
ok so I do make a mod folder in the server folder :D
thats what I wasnt sure of, if its supposed to generate one or not.
Thanks for all your help guys.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
It will generate one IF you installed Forge correctly. I doesn't make one when you install forge, but it makes one when you run it with forge installed for the first time. You did not however. Like I said:
You can tell if forge is working, because it makes a ForgeModLoader-...txt file.
You did not have one in your folder.
Ergo no forge. If you're still having issues you know where to go.

Gareth

Jul 21, 2013
Ok, so im going to put every step down that I do and provide a pic of the outcome.
I cant see where I am going wrong.

I run minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-9.10.0.802.jar (4.073MB)
I point it to a folder called %appdata%\Roaming\1Minecrafttestserver
it installes the Libraries folder and a smaller version of the intstaller
minecraftforge-universal-1.6.2-9.10.0.802.jar (1.756MB)
and it downloads minecraft_server.1.6.2.jar (5.991MB)

I run minecraft_server.1.6.2.jar

It starts the server and makes all the server files in the main folder.
This is what I end up with.

http://i.imgur.com/XWnmVHS.png

I do not get a (ForgeModLoader-...txt file).

Do I create a mod folder now without the forgeloader txt file showing up? or do i need it to make that txt file.

G