How to make a Galacticraft 1.6.X server

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Well you're almost there. Make a mods folder and put the Galacticraft jars in there. Run the minecraft-universal....jar file instead of the minecraft_server....jar.

You may have to delete the world folder as well. It may have generated the world without the oil, tin, and copper ores.

Jul 26, 2013
Hi i did i read what Gareth posted and did exactly the same thing like him and made a mods folder and putted the Galacticraft jars in there. but every time I start the minecraftforge-universal........jar this error report comes:

[INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.6.2
[WARNING] To start the server with more ram, launch it as "java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar"
[SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception MissingModsException
cpw.mods.fml.common.MissingModsException
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.sortModList(Loader.java:244)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:492)
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:86)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:350)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:69)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:443)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:582)
[SEVERE] This crash report has been saved to: C:\Users\Victor\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\.\crash-reports\crash-2013-07-26_14.57.53-server.txt

can you help me out pls ?

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
That's because you need Forge for Galacticraft. The Minecraft jar doesnt have forge in it. TMI doesnt need forge.

Cameron

Jul 29, 2013
hey what is the server ip i have been looking everywhere for a galactacraft server ( dont ask why i can just download it like everyone else just know im looking for a server with the mod on it )

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
Man when is Mic gonna up you to Moderator. Flash seems dead to some degree, we need someone else to mod when no other staff is here.
And you seem to have a decent clue of what you're doing.

i agree he is more active than flash at the moment.

Rastlore

Aug 2, 2013
I apologize in advance if I am beating a dead horse here and my question has already been answered repeatedly.

I have downloaded both a vanilla Minecraft server 1.6.2 from the Minecraft download site as well as the server I already run with Forge, craftbukkit-1.6.2-R0.1-20130725.232904-13.jar

Thus far, following the steps here, I have been unable to sucessfully install Forge, which I am attempting with minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-9.10.0.804 and minecraftforge-universal-1.6.2-9.10.0.804

Running the universal instead of the server client .jar yields nothing but a quick flash of my cursor. Running the server client .jar causes a GUI response like it wants to run, but its stuck in a never ending spam loop of telling me it can't create a new server properties file until I eventually have to force close it.

I have tried for three days to pick this apart and figure out what I am doing wrong. This process included going back over these forums and well as the Forge forums and many....many outdated You Tube tutorials.... I am at a loss as to how to correct this problem.

I have GalacticCraft running like a champ on my single player client.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Ok. Let's see if we can unravel the issue. First what mods and versions. Second. Since the server never starts I believe the only thing we'll need from the start is the ForgeModLoader-server.log file.

Rastlore

Aug 2, 2013
This is what I am greeted with when I attempt to run the minecraft_server_1.6.2, which just continuously scrolls, stuck in a loop. This screenshot was taken when I attempted to run it from a server I already have up and running. It does not seem to generate a ForgeModLoader-server.log file. running the minecraftforge-universal.jar just makes the cursor spin like its loading something but then fails to launch anything. Will post the screen of a fresh server install in a bit. And thank you in advance : ) Server Launch Error.jpg

Rastlore

Aug 2, 2013
I created a new folder on my Desktop called Gala Server and used the minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-9.10.0.804 to install a server client into it as shown here.
Fresh Forge Server Install.jpg

Then I created a mods folder and placed the Galacticraft-1.6.2-a0.1.39.554.jar and the MicdoodleCore-1.6.2-a0.1.39.554.jar into it as shown here;
Created Mods Folder.jpg

Clicking on the minecraftforge-universal-1.6.2-9.10.0.804.jar and running it does nothing, however, clicking on the minecraft_server.1.6.2.jar causes the following;

Launch minecraft server failure.jpg

And like trying to run it from a fully functioning server, it gets stuck in this loop of spamming this message. Was I not to use Java Platform SE Binary to run the .jar and create a .bat file.... I attempted that as well, with identical results. :(

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Well you're original folder has all types of wrong in it. You're second folder where you started fresh LOOKS good. My first question would be did you open either of the .jar files and manually put in or take out files yourself? I can however see why you don't have a log file. Also it would be nice to see the beginning of that Log and Chat window.

Rastlore

Aug 2, 2013
I have not moved any of the files from the .jars on the fresh server. Here is the beginning of the log;

Begining of lauch failure.jpg