How to make a Galacticraft 1.6.X server

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Well. I would suggest clearing out your server folder, and starting fresh. Unless there's something I'm not seeing, which is possible, then it seems fine. Although sometimes mods leave stuff behind that causes issues.

Exit151

Aug 28, 2013
Hey.. I'm new to this mod, though I've watched it for awhile and recently set one up myself.. I'm no expert by any means to the mod, and really not to FML either - I do have significant experience in bukkit and it's mods however, and troubleshooting the game in general from a server and client standpoint.. (phew, now that that's out)...

Your pastebin contains this line:
[WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod codechicken.core.launch.CodeChickenCorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft

In my experience, it is ALWAYS best to get the most complex mod (GC) up and running first. THEN tackle other mods that enhance your gameplay experience. I would strongly suggest you take it back to a fresh start. Your log shows you have a TON of extra stuff/mods.. Not a great way to start a new server, in terms of troubleshooting and diagnosis.

Get your minecraft_server.jar (1.6.2). Open it up with winrar or whatever ya use, delete the meta folder, copy/paste the universal FML latest into it and run it to create all the necessary files/folders. Shut it down. Add the two GC mods to the mods folder, and restart the server again. Don't deviate from this, do not add any other stuff (yet), until you get GC up and running. THEN.. Slowly, one by one start adding whatever makes your server unique and what ya want..

I'm not saying the codechicken thing is causing problems, but I'm also not saying it isn't. It's just about impossible for other posters here to offer help when we aren't all working from the same conformity. And let's be honest - It's easier to see whether you've got the GC mod set up without other mods, then add them and see what happens than to throw everything into the pot and get frustrated cuz 'gc' isn't working. Give that a go, and let us know what happens.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
My home server runs Galacticraft, and NEI. I've never had a problem. You don't need to open the jar files since 1.6.2. The Forge Installer files does it all for you. My GF had a few issues once, but I made her save her worlds, and clean out her .minecraft folder, and start fresh and that cleared it up. She though she cleaned it out, but deleting everything and starting over fixed the problem.

Exit151

Aug 28, 2013
[quote="You don't need to open the jar files since 1.6.2. The Forge Installer files does it all for you. [/quote]
That's true, in fact FML has had the installer option awhile, I think, but I personally use the universal release, not the installer release.. Like to do it myself, just feel more confident that it's definatley getting injected into the correct file, both server and client-wise.. With the 'new' system out now with all the different versions, just feel more confident doing it myself. And server-wise, heck.. Far too many server folders for trying this and trying that :) But yeah - Either way works just fine ;)

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Not sure Rastlore, but you definitely have a vanilla minecraft server issue. You need to run the universal to start a galacticraft forge server, but your vanilla doesn't even run. I'll spend some time on google, to see what I can find.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Rastlore One thing I found is that java doesnt support non ASCII sysbols in the file path. Do you have any folders with !@#$%^&*(), or anything other than alpha/numerics?

The other common issue is that you may not have administrator rights, or the folder is read only for some reason.

Try the minecraftserver.exe. Right click and run as administrator, and see if it gets better.

Last edited: