How to make Bronze Ingot?

AppleRayL

Nov 7, 2013
Hello everyone! So I found a bunch of copper and tin ore, smelted that into copper and tin ingots. Because I found a huge pool of oil under my house I looked up how to make a Portable Oil Extractor on the wiki. It says I need lead and bronze and more. When I look up how to make a bronze ingot another wiki tells me I have to place horizontally one copper, one tin, one copper in a crafting table to make bronze dust which I can smelt in the furnace to a bronze ingot. But when I place the copper and tin ingots exactly as I am supposed to in the crafting table, no bronze dust shows up in the output of the crafting table. What did I do wrong? I am on Minecraft 1.6.4, Galacticraft and MicdoodleCore build #876 and Minecraft Forge 9.11.1.943 (installed with the installer). I just used the Minecraft Forge installer to install it, created a folder in my .minecraft root folder called "mods" and dragged and dropped the MicdoodleCore and Galacticraft .jars in there.

Thanks for reading.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
There are no "dust" recipes in Galacticraft. Place two tin ingots in a compressor (one on top of the other) and you will get one compressed tin. Use the same process with the copper.

Then take both of the compressed metals and place them back in the compressor in the same pattern (tin on top of copper or vice versa).

Voila, you will now have compressed bronze.

AppleRayL

Nov 7, 2013
But to make compressed bronze I will need a compressor.. For a compressor I will need a basic wafer, whatever the heck that is, and to build a basic wafer I'll need a..... circuit fabricator?

edit:

How do I create a wafer out of a circuit fabricator? The Micdoodle wiki isn't clear about this, showing the GUI for the circuit fabricator but not showing how to actually make a basic wafer..

So confused :S

Last edited:

AppleRayL

Nov 7, 2013
So how do I even make a basic wafer out of a circuit fabricator? And why can't I make copper wires to connect my coal generator to something? This is all so confusing, the wikis seem to be lying.

AppleRayL

Nov 7, 2013
Copper wires have been replaced by aluminum wires.

You need a diamond, two raw silicon, one redstone dust (all in their respective slots), and one redstone torch in the top right slot. That will give you three basic wafers.

Are you using the official Galacticraft wiki? I find that it's rather accurate.

http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Galacticraft

Yeah I have been using the official micdoodle wiki, the one that also still shows how to make copper wire without saying that is only for Galacticraft 1.. The wiki needs an update so new comers to the mod like me can actually have fun while figuring out stuff instead of getting a headache out of unclear instructions >_<
I will continue and extend my search to silicon ore for my circuit thingy.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I'm happy to help anybody and everybody!

I've been trying to update the wiki myself over the past few days. I would like it to be a reliable and convenient source to help people such as yourself while trying to learn the mod. I'm no expert, but feel free to ask any questions or let me know if something on the wiki is wrong or confusing so I can try and fix it.