How to survive a night in the Moon? [continuation]

Crack498

Feb 25, 2014
I've been calculating how to survive a night in the Moon.... but 51 batteries? Is there any more economic way?

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Hi,
I've been calculating how to survive a night in the Moon.... but 51 batteries? Is there any more economic way?
There are a lot of posts suggesting the same thing: increasing the capacity of Energy Modules from 2.5MJ to 15MJ.

I also made similar calculation: a small base demands 24kW, this means you need to generate 230.4MJ (=9600s x 24kW) for a full day-night cycle, but you need to generate all this energy during daytime, then:

Solar panels:
24kW x 2 = 48kW
Multiplied by 2 because you need to generate energy for daytime and nighttime.

Each solar panel with environmental boost: 6.0kW
48.0/6 = 8 solar panels.

Energy storage:
230.4Mj /2 = 115.2 MJ
Divided by 2 because you need to store energy for the nighttime.

Each energy storage module: 2.5MJ
115.2/2.5 = 46.08 -> 47 modules

If you are a fossil fuel lover....

If you don't want to depend only on solar energy, we have more Minecraft-friendly means, like burning coal. ^^

You can build a mass coal generator fed by hoppers with chests full of coal. The hoppers are activated by daylight sensors. Each coal generator generates 10kW of energy... 3 generators are enough for a small base.

----

... not only it's expensive to power up a base on the moon but also them oon is too damn dark, even the light is dark. I sometimes think Micdoodle8 wants to force us to leave the Moon during the nighttime. ^^

Reactions: Douglas_Fresh

Blaze the Fox

Jan 28, 2014
Even before the #970 update I could power 5 distributors and a furnace all night from 10 energy cells with power to spare. Not sure why you guys have so much trouble. Remember you don't need to take power from the cells in the day as long as you have 6 - 8 solar panels

Also, if you have used shaders at some point, it will break your client when going to galacticraft dimensions making them look alot darker.

Edit: And 6 oxygen collectors, I should add.

Last edited: