Hydraulic platform shoots off into space

Cosmology

Feb 19, 2019
So I'm just starting my space station. I put a hydraulic platform 2x2 on the ground level, then I go up 16 blocks and do another. It doesn't work, so I assume I have to do 15. When I do this, I use the top one to go down, and it works, but goes REALLY slowly, so I hold shift, and it goes faster, the same way you ascend and descend in zero G using space and shift. So then I try to go back up, but I'm wearing a jetpack, so the boost upwards was strong. I only pressed space for a brief momentum, but that gave it the moment, and the hydraulic platform shot upwards at a rapid pace. This would be fine, except then the platform flew off the top most base, and went shooting into open space, never to return.... Obviously it's not supposed to do that.... (EDIT: I should note here that I disconnected and reconnected to try and fix it, so it might have been stuck to my Y coord, as others have said).

In the overworld, it always just "worked" the way it should, but on the space station, I guess it follows the zero G movement capabilities. Should the block just recognize whether you pushed space or shift, and act accordingly, rather than following physics? Either way, it's broken as it stands right now.

GalacticraftCore-1.12.2-4.0.2.281.jar

EDIT:
I just tried it without the jetpack, and it started for just a brief second to move up slowly, then rocketed me off into space, forwards too. Hard to get back to the station after that.
I also see another post about this same issue, and it just got archived with no response, and no fix. Is there just a sense of complete disregard for the game breaking bugs in this mod? There are no bosses in dungeons, no loot in the dungeon boss chests (which completely and totally breaks the progression, and has been a problem for I believe years), and now I see the hydraulic platforms (which are ESSENTIAL in space stations, seeing as you can't use stairs or ladders...) are completely broken as well. Also, all the machines constantly drain power, so you can't leave them plugged in, they also don't have redstone controls, which ends up on a space station having to break cables to replug things back in constantly, and since it's the space station the go flying off somewhere (why not add redstone controlling, or just have them not drain constant power, like every other mod does?) So what this mod offers essentially is a lot of really awesome concepts, but it's nearly impossible, or actually impossible, to effectively enjoy it :(

Last edited:

Cosmology

Feb 19, 2019
Glad to hear there are others experiencing it.
This is sooooo annoying though... I just spent like 2 minutes trying to go up literally one floor. It keep bopping around, not locking, won't let me walk properly unless it locks, so I'm going up and down, way too slowly or way to fast, never able to lock, or leave... Did they just not playtest this or something? Considering you can't even use stairs or ladders, clearly the hydraulic press is needed, so I'm guessing no one on the dev team actually made a space station with more than one floor?