Hypothermia, Moon Module; You own HQ and a Space Suit

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
And maybe you could have the Lunar Module as a optional upgrade to your space-craft. I addressed the idea of upgrades to parts of your space ship and whatnot, I think your space-ship should have a cargo bay, and this is wear you could store your lander (which has to be built separately.) You could fill this lander with things like electricity and oxygen before hand. And you could also upgrade the lander to allow it to store more and land on different planets with ease (the mars ball thingy is kinda stupid.) And it could also have an interior you could move around in (think of archimedes ships after you disassemble them) with its own tiny oxygen bubble inside (taking it from its internal oxygen storage.) The current lander is just eye-candy and serves no real purpose other than annoying the shit out of me when I have to destroy it.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
And maybe you could have the Lunar Module as a optional upgrade to your space-craft. I addressed the idea of upgrades to parts of your space ship and whatnot, I think your space-ship should have a cargo bay, and this is wear you could store your lander (which has to be built separately.) You could fill this lander with things like electricity and oxygen before hand. And you could also upgrade the lander to allow it to store more and land on different planets with ease (the mars ball thingy is kinda stupid.) And it could also have an interior you could move around in (think of archimedes ships after you disassemble them) with its own tiny oxygen bubble inside (taking it from its internal oxygen storage.) The current lander is just eye-candy and serves no real purpose other than annoying the shit out of me when I have to destroy it.

Actually, the 'mars ball thingy' is smart and realistic.

It's in the mod because it's how the Mars exploration rover was actually landed on mars in 2003. If they change the airbag system it should be for a sky-crane tpye lander system.

sky-crane-640.jpg

Here's video of the launch and an artist's rendering of the airbag landing:

Having a lander you can move around in and store things in kinda defeats the purpose. Next people will also want to be able to place machines there too, and you've removed the whole point of going to these places as you've already pretty much got a base set up making it easier to do whatever you want to do there.

The lander and rockets with cargo space are almost completely invalidated anyways with Ender chests, AE systems, and the like.

The way I see it, the whole point is for it to be a mid/end game challenge. If you want to turn on easy mode, just install a portal mod (Portal, Enhanced Portals, or a teleportation mod, etc).

Last edited:

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
Actually, the 'mars ball thingy' is smart and realistic.

It's in the mod because it's how the Mars exploration rover was actually landed on mars in 2003. If they change the airbag system it should be for a sky-crane tpye lander system.

sky-crane-640.jpg

Here's video of the launch and an artist's rendering of the airbag landing:

Having a lander you can move around in and store things in kinda defeats the purpose. Next people will also want to be able to place machines there too, and you've removed the whole point of going to these places as you've already pretty much got a base set up making it easier to do whatever you want to do there.

The lander and rockets with cargo space are almost completely invalidated anyways with Ender chests, AE systems, and the like.

The way I see it, the whole point is for it to be a mid/end game challenge. If you want to turn on easy mode, just install a portal mod (Portal, Enhanced Portals, or a teleportation mod, etc).
The mars ball thing wouldn't be safe for humans. NASA would most likely do something like the sky crane or a lander like what they used for the moon. Nad it wouldn't defeat the purpose of making settlement, it would just add a bit more pre-launch difficulty in exchange for landing difficulty. The oxygen system wouldn't last forever, just a few minutes to allow you to make a base. And the electricity would be used for exporting the oxygen around the lander. It could just be an optional upgrade that you could use if you wanted to, or just stick with the basic lander