I don't understand why/what of: no power vs not enough power

QuadShot

Jun 1, 2015
Sun City, AZ
Not sure about this so I put it here instead of filing a bug.
Machines with no power will report: Not Enough Power, needless to say that's an understatement. Are you trying to detect the amount of power that is available? If so, something is broke.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
It may not be fully consistent from machine to machine. It is at least in part a question of space for the text in the GUI: some machines have very short status text "OFF" / "Idle" / "Running" and the phrase "Not Enough Power" is too long for the same space, so "No Power" is used as a shorter alternative.

It may also be history - Galacticraft grows organically, code for different machines may have been written 4 years apart. A developer coding a new machine (me or Micdoodle8 most likely...) will tend to base it on the most similar existing machine.

There was an attempt to harmonise several of the machines when you raised the issue about the "OFF" status display for machines which are redstone disabled, so most redstone disableable machines should have consistent displays but even there I think they have the choice of short or long text for "Not Enough Power".

I'm not totally sure how this is handled in other language versions, but if the translators are smart they will check how the GUI looks and will aim to match - roughly - the size of the English strings.

QuadShot

Jun 1, 2015
Sun City, AZ
I would totally remove any reference to "Not Enough Power" and side with "No Power" for string length and for i18n as they are 2 very simple words and much less ambiguous with respect of not having enough of "something" is a very different concept from not having the "something".

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
but ... the message is given also when the machine has some power, only not enough to run for 1 tick.

QuadShot

Jun 1, 2015
Sun City, AZ
Ok, something is broken with these machines, I place them down and nothing is connected to them

Water Electrolyzer - Low energy (energy is not capitalized)
Methane Synthesizer - Low energy (energy is not capitalized)
Gas Liquefier - Low energy (energy is not capitalized)
Circuit Fabricator - Not Enough Power
Oxygen Sealer - Not Enough Power
Oxygen Collector - Not Enough Power
Oxygen Distributor - Not Enough Oxygen
Refinery - Not Enough Power