IC2 Compatibility?

davidss999

Jul 22, 2013
I was trying to power up a oxygen compressor using IC2 , but even when connected to a fully charged MFSU using HV cables and the output is on the correct side its still telling me there isnt enough power! Is there a compatibility issue with IC2?

Thanks in advance, I love this mod!
DavidSS999

davidss999

Jul 22, 2013
I assume its IC2 compatible, it comes with sealable cables all which match and go with IC2 (copper, gold, HV, fiber cables, etc) so in theory it should work, or maybe im just messing something up I am rather new to this mod

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
"Guess what happens when you assume. ASS | U | ME" lol love that quote, anyway. It's not. Like I said there are over a dozen different types of electricity in the minecraft mod world. Most of which aren't directly compatible, without some sort of adapter. Saying that Galacticraft is compatible with the afore mentioned mods just means that it SHOULDN'T crash with them installed. It's like taking your cell phone or computer to India. You better understand electricity first, or get an adapter that can change any form of electricity into another. Some of the mods containing electricity get pretty dang complicated. I'm sure the cables you're using can carry the correct electricity to the components, providing that the components generating power are generating the correct kind. It's like AC vs DC on this planet. They both run on the same cable, but aren't electrically compatible without conversion. When I looked at the wiki's for the 3 mods I noticed that the Buildcraft mod was the only one, at a quick glance, that even measured power the same way as galacticraft. When I have some more time I'll do some more digging. Feel free to ask questions. Since it's a work in progress sometimes things that should work don't. If you want to write up an explanation, on how you're exactly doing it with which components I'd be happy to examine it and tell you my thoughts on it.

davidss999

Jul 22, 2013
"Guess what happens when you assume. ASS | U | ME" lol love that quote, anyway. It's not. Like I said there are over a dozen different types of electricity in the minecraft mod world. Most of which aren't directly compatible, without some sort of adapter. Saying that Galacticraft is compatible with the afore mentioned mods just means that it SHOULDN'T crash with them installed. It's like taking your cell phone or computer to India. You better understand electricity first, or get an adapter that can change any form of electricity into another. Some of the mods containing electricity get pretty dang complicated. I'm sure the cables you're using can carry the correct electricity to the components, providing that the components generating power are generating the correct kind. It's like AC vs DC on this planet. They both run on the same cable, but aren't electrically compatible without conversion. When I looked at the wiki's for the 3 mods I noticed that the Buildcraft mod was the only one, at a quick glance, that even measured power the same way as galacticraft. When I have some more time I'll do some more digging. Feel free to ask questions. Since it's a work in progress sometimes things that should work don't. If you want to write up an explanation, on how you're exactly doing it with which components I'd be happy to examine it and tell you my thoughts on it.

I understand that not all mods are compatible, dont get me wrong. I simply read somewhere on the wiki I believe that IC2 was compatible, and to further lead belief there are cables that come with galacticraft that have cables with same names and very similar look as the cables in IC2 such as the HV cable and glass fiber cable.

As far as the IC2 setup I was using it was a series of solar panels connected to batboxes, linking to a MFE unit, then to a MFSU, then using HV cables connecting to a oxygen compressor and getting an error saying theres not enough electricity input.

edit: also while looking through the galacticraft config folder I found this line:
" B:"Enable IC2 Recipes"=true"
so there should be IC2 compatibility...

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
It's compatible with the IC2 mod yes. The electricity I believe isn't compatible. AC vs DC. EU vs MJ. Are you outputting 120v? I'm going to play with this a little tomorrow, but I believe it's different Electricity.

kovacadam

Jul 1, 2013
I used ic2 #118 solarpanel + glass fibre cable + MFSU to power GC #513 and worked fine. Now, in GC #531 not working. Btw now I'm using ic2 solarpanel + MFSU -> glass fibre cable + copper wire (id 3972) -> Fusion reactor (Atomic science 0.7.0.102) -> same copper wire -> whole GC network. Battery boxes (id 3973) sometimes working, somtimes not... I have no idea how to convert fusion reactor output to use in mfsu, so I can't store energy, but fusion reactor generate a lot of power :D

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
The Battery Box and Solar panels aren't charging batteries or passing power through them in the latest build. That could be part of the issue.