Ideas for Eve...Ahem i mean Venus.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Superkalasnikov, Oct 5, 2013.

1. AcapitalA

AcapitalA Member

Seems like a good idea, guess i should keep my boss idea until the next planet...

2. GamerARK13

GamerARK13 Member

No go ahead tell your idea 2 mini bosses does not make a deadly planet. :)

3. AcapitalA

AcapitalA Member

My idea is more of a boss idea, but i can write my idea on a new thread.
    This is going to take some time through because i haven't finished all ends...

4. GamerARK13

GamerARK13 Member

The golieth has its problems to for one it is supposed to be a ender dragon ranked boss and is kinda a moving biome next time I am in mincraft I will create it, but beware its on a MASSIVE scale.

5. Pizzaeater1000

What do I do with the file? Put it in the mods folder?

6. MoltonMontro

MoltonMontro Member

You put resource packs in the resource packs folder.

7. PurGamingCEO

PurGamingCEO Member

Maybe some kind of platinum ore to get platinum, which you somehow liquify to plate armor with, seeing as how platinum is a generally unreactive metal.

8. pra

pra Member

Somewhere, I read of metallic "snow" on Venus. I think it would be awesome if Venus would have "cold" biomes, where it snows metal flakes, which create snow covers on blocks, which then in turn can be shovelled, and then the "snowballs" can be melted down to ingots. Probably first craft 9 metallic snowballs to a block, and then that block yields one ingot.

9. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

That's true, but it "snows" bismuth and lead: http://news.wustl.edu/news/Pages/633.aspx

Lead is commonly used as radiation shielding. "Jupiter, I'm looking at you."

pra likes this.
  10. pra

pra Member

Lead is so abundant on earth (aka there are a lot of mods that add it), so I think bismuth would be a better choice for the "Venus resource" (like desh on Mars). Maybe, each time you shovel venus "snow", there is a good chance to get galena "snowballs", and a slight chance to get bismuth sulfide?

#50 pra, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  11. Codym2405

Codym2405 Member

Venus has a high pressure atmosphere, so it would require you to where a pressure suit (should be implemented.) It also has acid clouds, so you would require some kind of acid protection (this could be integrated with your pressure suit.) The acid resistance could be made with a platinum group metal found somewhere. Venus rocks and dirt should not be corrosion prone, but earth and other planet materials could slowly either turn into venus based rocks, some new block or disappear entirely. Stuff not from venus should be safe below the surface of the planet. You should also be able to encase your machines or other vital blocks with some acid resistant element found somewhere (candidates could include copper, gold, platinum or any platinum group metals) to allow them to survive on venus's surface. Venus weather could include acid rain, a deadly occurrence which will damage you regardless of your acid resistant items (but still won't decay them.) If your wondering why these metals are useful for acid resistance, they don't corrode in the presence of acidic compounds, and are used IRL to prevent corrosion in vital electronics/machine parts.

12. Przemistrz

Przemistrz Member

On Venus should be similar to the Nether (lava everywhere, evaporating water etc.). On venus would live evolved Nether mobs -Zombie Pigmen, Blazes, Wither Skeletons and ocasionally evolved normal Skeletons(like in Nether Fortress). And these Skeletons would shoot flame arrows.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English

13. Codym2405

Codym2405 Member

But it would still have to have spacey stuff like lower gravity and actual temperature and atmosphere to be defined as a galacticraft planet

14. pra

pra Member

Venus' gravity is about 0,9 g, so it's not that much lower.

Also, regarding mobs, I was thinking about an "Implosion Creeper", since the pressure on Venus is about 90x higher than on earth, exploding might be difficult. Basically, when it "explodes", all mobs, items, etc in a certain radius are pulled towards the center, suffering the more damage the closer they get to it.
    Bonus: if you drop a block of coal in such an implosion, it might transform into a diamond.

And, regarding the nether comparison, I think it could get even closer to that. Venus is covered in dense, opaque clouds, so I would either make it appear as if there is never day, or actually put a layer of opaque cloud blocks on y=200 or so, with the actual surface being de facto a cave world, like the nether.

15. Codym2405

Codym2405 Member

When I meant lower gravity, I didn't mean that much lower. I know venus has similar gravity to earth, but I just didn't want people to be lazy and just code in Earth gravity instead of making Venus gravity. Implosions would be cool though, but I don't think mobs should be the major danger on Venus, I think some kind of extreme weather would be the major issue of going to Venus. Mobs would still be there, but would suffer the same problems as you, like acidic rain.

16. waterlubber

waterlubber Member

All the landers should have toroidal aerospikes on them. Oh, and it should be inescapable without a Tier-Kerbal rocket.

17. AcapitalA

AcapitalA Member

This should be an easter egg for venus. :)

18. ihazbravo

ihazbravo Member

I like your idea (s) molton. I especially like the metals. Instead of building a "shell" of lead blocks around th base, I think maybe something like a quarry in buildcraft, but with lead, instead of the pipe things.

19. MoltonMontro

MoltonMontro Member

Thanks. Though, I'm mystified about how anyone would still want to look at these older suggestions. I guess the community is just too dedicated, :3.
    As for the quarry-pipe-lead-shield-like-thing, when I try to imagine it I always think of a force field, but instead contains a thin layer of lead to disrupt corrosion, without looking that awful. A lead force field, such a crazy idea.

20. ihazbravo

ihazbravo Member

I was just looking cause I would really like to see venus. I think micdoodle is going to add it in v4. Not completely sure, though.