Ideas for Eve...Ahem i mean Venus.

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Maybe add a another mob called the 'Molten Golieth' a giant boss mob made of venusian brimstone with a fiery lava core. And I wantes to ask is that big Zombie pigman with a flail original or did you see it somewhere, because I did.

Evolved (Zombie?) Pigman Boss - The Evolved (Zombie?) Pigman Boss would only spawn in Venusian Citadels, and would be more of a MiniBoss, as several would spawn in the Citadel. They are much larger than the Evolved (Zombie?) Pigman and could possibly use flails to attack, along with charging you.
Seems like a good idea, guess i should keep my boss idea until the next planet...

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
No go ahead tell your idea 2 mini bosses does not make a deadly planet. :)
My idea is more of a boss idea, but i can write my idea on a new thread.
This is going to take some time through because i haven't finished all ends...

Dec 12, 2014
It's nice to see my concept has yielded some positive feedback. I uploaded the resource pack for those who are interested. You'll need MCPatcher if you want it to work properly though.

Admittedly, Venus is quite tricky when it comes to depiction. The only actual surface pictures of Venus in existence are a result of the Soviet Venera program back in the 70ths and 80ths.

View attachment 514

Some kind of volcanic deposit. It got to have some kind of use, right? There's also a volcano in the background, but it might be hard to see if you got a crappy monitor (like me). I'm still not certain about the sky, but it appears it's yellow during noon, but turns amber toward dusk.

The fog in the picture has also been manipulated by merging multiple images with different draw distances. Basically, it makes the fog start earlier, which makes it much more stretched out than the default fog.

I'm not sure about Venusian features. It does have sulfuric acid rains, but the heat will vaporize it before reaching the surface. However, a metallic counterpart to snow has been identified on the Venusian mountains. It's speculated to be lead sulfide, but in Galacticraft it could just be called something like 'Venusian Snow' instead.

Perhaps there could also be some kind of semi-solidified lava blocks that turns into lava when broken? Its logic is comparable to ice.

A suit on Venus would be required to withstand both extreme heat and pressure, so logically it could be some combination between an atmospheric diving suit and an entry suit. Not sure what material it would be constructed of, but I guess the possibly Mars exclusive desh ore could be one ingredient.
What do I do with the file? Put it in the mods folder?

PurGamingCEO

Mar 9, 2015
Maybe some kind of platinum ore to get platinum, which you somehow liquify to plate armor with, seeing as how platinum is a generally unreactive metal.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Somewhere, I read of metallic "snow" on Venus. I think it would be awesome if Venus would have "cold" biomes, where it snows metal flakes, which create snow covers on blocks, which then in turn can be shovelled, and then the "snowballs" can be melted down to ingots. Probably first craft 9 metallic snowballs to a block, and then that block yields one ingot.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Lead is so abundant on earth (aka there are a lot of mods that add it), so I think bismuth would be a better choice for the "Venus resource" (like desh on Mars). Maybe, each time you shovel venus "snow", there is a good chance to get galena "snowballs", and a slight chance to get bismuth sulfide?

Last edited by a moderator:

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
Venus has a high pressure atmosphere, so it would require you to where a pressure suit (should be implemented.) It also has acid clouds, so you would require some kind of acid protection (this could be integrated with your pressure suit.) The acid resistance could be made with a platinum group metal found somewhere. Venus rocks and dirt should not be corrosion prone, but earth and other planet materials could slowly either turn into venus based rocks, some new block or disappear entirely. Stuff not from venus should be safe below the surface of the planet. You should also be able to encase your machines or other vital blocks with some acid resistant element found somewhere (candidates could include copper, gold, platinum or any platinum group metals) to allow them to survive on venus's surface. Venus weather could include acid rain, a deadly occurrence which will damage you regardless of your acid resistant items (but still won't decay them.) If your wondering why these metals are useful for acid resistance, they don't corrode in the presence of acidic compounds, and are used IRL to prevent corrosion in vital electronics/machine parts.

Przemistrz

Apr 26, 2015
On Venus should be similar to the Nether (lava everywhere, evaporating water etc.). On venus would live evolved Nether mobs -Zombie Pigmen, Blazes, Wither Skeletons and ocasionally evolved normal Skeletons(like in Nether Fortress). And these Skeletons would shoot flame arrows.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
On Venus should be similar to the Nether (lava everywhere, evaporating water etc.). On venus would live evolved Nether mobs -Zombie Pigmen, Blazes, Wither Skeletons and ocasionally evolved normal Skeletons(like Nether Fortress). And these Skeletons would shoot flame arrows.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English
But it would still have to have spacey stuff like lower gravity and actual temperature and atmosphere to be defined as a galacticraft planet

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
But it would still have to have spacey stuff like lower gravity and actual temperature and atmosphere to be defined as a galacticraft planet
Venus' gravity is about 0,9 g, so it's not that much lower.

Also, regarding mobs, I was thinking about an "Implosion Creeper", since the pressure on Venus is about 90x higher than on earth, exploding might be difficult. Basically, when it "explodes", all mobs, items, etc in a certain radius are pulled towards the center, suffering the more damage the closer they get to it.
Bonus: if you drop a block of coal in such an implosion, it might transform into a diamond.

And, regarding the nether comparison, I think it could get even closer to that. Venus is covered in dense, opaque clouds, so I would either make it appear as if there is never day, or actually put a layer of opaque cloud blocks on y=200 or so, with the actual surface being de facto a cave world, like the nether.

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
Venus' gravity is about 0.9 g, so it's not that much lower.

Also, regarding mobs, I was thinking about an "Implosion Creeper", since the pressure on Venus is about 90x higher than on earth, exploding might be difficult. Basically, when it "explodes", all mobs, items, etc in a certain radius are pulled towards the center, suffering the more damage the closer they get to it.
Bonus: if you drop a block of coal in such an implosion, it might transform into a diamond.

And, regarding the nether comparison, I think it could get even closer to that. Venus is covered in dense, opaque clouds, so I would either make it appear as if there is never day, or actually put a layer of opaque cloud blocks on y=200 or so, with the actual surface being de facto a cave world, like the nether.
When I meant lower gravity, I didn't mean that much lower. I know venus has similar gravity to earth, but I just didn't want people to be lazy and just code in Earth gravity instead of making Venus gravity. Implosions would be cool though, but I don't think mobs should be the major danger on Venus, I think some kind of extreme weather would be the major issue of going to Venus. Mobs would still be there, but would suffer the same problems as you, like acidic rain.

ihazbravo

Jun 15, 2015
I like your idea (s) molton. I especially like the metals. Instead of building a "shell" of lead blocks around th base, I think maybe something like a quarry in buildcraft, but with lead, instead of the pipe things.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
I like your idea (s) molton. I especially like the metals. Instead of building a "shell" of lead blocks around th base, I think maybe something like a quarry in buildcraft, but with lead, instead of the pipe things.
Thanks. Though, I'm mystified about how anyone would still want to look at these older suggestions. I guess the community is just too dedicated, :3.
As for the quarry-pipe-lead-shield-like-thing, when I try to imagine it I always think of a force field, but instead contains a thin layer of lead to disrupt corrosion, without looking that awful. A lead force field, such a crazy idea.

ihazbravo

Jun 15, 2015
Thanks. Though, I'm mystified about how anyone would still want to look at these older suggestions. I guess the community is just too dedicated, :3.

I was just looking cause I would really like to see venus. I think micdoodle is going to add it in v4. Not completely sure, though.