Ideas for Jupiter and Space Station System!

Aug 31, 2013
Finland
Personally, i hate the idea of "landing" on Jupiter. The idea is awful since Jupiter's so-called-surface-thingy is mainly composed of gases. And you know the stuff i suggested if you read my posts in the awfully big "discussion-spam-oneidea thread". So why don't you make Jupiter's moons hidden in the GUI, until you've flown to Jupiter's orbit (using Hohmann transfer orbit/and Tier 3 or 4 rocket . After that, you could access its moons. Also, you could create medium space station to it's orbit. Read my post in the thread of dinammar. Anyone support the idea that only large celestial bodies can support space stations? i know this is unrealistic, but too many space stations create lag. Jupiter would be ideal to make a larger space station than on overworld, And it would be Medium Space Station Core, MSSC, while on Overworld, the standard base starter would be Small Space Station Core SSSC. And on other solar system, Space station orbiting some planet twice the size of Jupiter, or, orbiting the star of the system, would be LSSC. You maybe could create floating "HooliganLabs" Station, which would collect the hydrogen and then could be used as fuel"Kethane". If you read this micdoodle8, please rate and please make this happen.

livid

Sep 16, 2013
Personally, i hate the idea of "landing" on Jupiter. The idea is awful since Jupiter's so-called-surface-thingy is mainly composed of gases. And you know the stuff i suggested if you read my posts in the awfully big "discussion-spam-oneidea thread". So why don't you make Jupiter's moons hidden in the GUI, until you've flown to Jupiter's orbit (using Hohmann transfer orbit/and Tier 3 or 4 rocket . After that, you could access its moons. Also, you could create medium space station to it's orbit. Read my post in the thread of dinammar. Anyone support the idea that only large celestial bodies can support space stations? i know this is unrealistic, but too many space stations create lag. Jupiter would be ideal to make a larger space station than on overworld, And it would be Medium Space Station Core, MSSC, while on Overworld, the standard base starter would be Small Space Station Core SSSC. And on other solar system, Space station orbiting some planet twice the size of Jupiter, or, orbiting the star of the system, would be LSSC. You maybe could create floating "HooliganLabs" Station, which would collect the hydrogen and then could be used as fuel"Kethane". If you read this micdoodle8, please rate and please make this happen.

as for the thig about the moons of jupiter ans the space station around it, i agree with you,

but the thing about "stations only around jupiter" i disagree

"Kethane"
are we getting too much influenced from ksp?

Aug 31, 2013
Finland
as for the thig about the moons of jupiter ans the space station around it, i agree with you,

but the thing about "stations only around jupiter" i disagree

are we getting too much influenced from ksp?
I believe im gettting too influenced by KSP...
I really would like to have the possibility to create Space Station to every large celestial body, but just doing this, Mic cant handle that(can he?) And the world save file would grow too much. I still prefer that Overworld has SSSC, Mars has SSSC, Jupiter MSSC Venus has MSSC, and finally, Space station orbiting the sun would be LSSC.

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
I don't think many space stations would create lag(Assuming each is in a different dimension, of course)...

And I don't really think I should support the idea of a space station orbiting the Sun. :p

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Magnetic shield. ;)

Well, I suppose that could work. But still, looking down below and seeing the huge light of the Sun...wouldn't that blind anyone?

But the pros to that is that there will be no darkness in the space station EVER, lol. (Unless you intentionally make a sealed room with no windows)

Aug 31, 2013
Finland
Well, I suppose that could work. But still, looking down below and seeing the huge light of the Sun...wouldn't that blind anyone?

But the pros to that is that there will be no darkness in the space station EVER, lol. (Unless you intentionally make a sealed room with no windows)
Did i say the space station orbiting the sun should be on low orbit? Nah, i didn't but i know its a lame idea. but if you synchronize it to match the orbiting speed of another planet, you can put the space station to observe the planet from far without interacting with it. Lame, but one idea.

bart74

Mar 23, 2013
for gas planet,I think we should be able to land on rings,not the planet itself or going to it's moon (like io in the jupiter's case) because you're right,how could we land on gas?
landing on rings is possible,since I don't see how debris could be animated ingame if they are solid blocks,I think they would be static (and imagine a space station build in a large debris of saturne's rings,would be sooooo beautyful)

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
I believe im gettting too influenced by KSP...
I really would like to have the possibility to create Space Station to every large celestial body, but just doing this, Mic cant handle that(can he?) And the world save file would grow too much. I still prefer that Overworld has SSSC, Mars has SSSC, Jupiter MSSC Venus has MSSC, and finally, Space station orbiting the sun would be LSSC.
Kerbal Space Program (KSP) is awesome, but i have landed on Jupiter with some KSP mods... So if Jupiter gets added as a non-landable planet, maybe there will be a landable Jupiter addon!

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Well, I personally think Jupiter should have a Large Space Station instead.

Also, I really wonder how it would be like to have a space station in Uranus. (Not a joke, you sick pervert! I mean the actual planet!)

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Oh crud, I did the in-on error again.

I meant ON Saturn! But back on topic, the Point of View of a Space Station on Uranus should be different than the PoV of a Space Station on Saturn.

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
I don't want any landable Gas Giants, at least unless we get a special type of spaceship that can withstand the pressure of the Gas Giants' atmospheres(if that would be possible.), so the Jupiter fans can go to Jupiter, I can go to Saturn, and Dinammar can go to Uranus.