Ideas for what should be added to mars

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
The only thing I can feel uncertain about is deposits of coal. Like Ezer said, Mars was never likely to have been a lush world. There was liquid water running on its surface once, but that was a relatively short era. The planet also lacks any notable tectonic motion that could bury all that organic matter in the first place.

It's not that I'm saying it's absolute or unrealistic, but seen through a gameplay aspect I think it's reasonable considering the player couldn't previously mine coal on the moon. If it would become necessary for whatever reason, one would be required to produce charcoal locally by putting wood in an electric furnace.

About the possibility of visiting Phobos and Deimos, I think you'd only require a tier 1 rocket to reach them. They are just orbiting Mars after all.
Just orbiting Mars? They are like millions of miles from Earth! Maybe you could use a tier 1 just form Mars to the moons, but I don't think it would work from Earth. This brings up another important debate: Why should the tiers remain uniform where ever you are? Tier 1 rockets probably cant get farther than the moon from Earth, but I can travel from the Asteroid belt to the moon with the same rocket! And another good point was how mars couldn't have Coal. Even if it did, what would you use if for? Everyone uses electric furnaces . You couldn't even burn it because of the lack of oxygen

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
Just orbiting Mars? They are like millions of miles from Earth!

I was thinking of this line written in the OP though: "Phobos and Deimos-In the sky you can see the two asteroid moons of mars, but maybe with a tier 3 rocket, you could visit them..."

Tier 1 rockets probably cant get farther than the moon from Earth, but I can travel from the Asteroid belt to the moon with the same rocket!

I'd imagine the Tier 1 rocket could be capable of delivering a user anywhere within a local system of moons and its host planet. In an emergency it could take the player on a desperate home trip through interplanetary space, making use of all what its life-support and propellant is worth.

And another good point was how mars couldn't have Coal. Even if it did, what would you use if for? Everyone uses electric furnaces . You couldn't even burn it because of the lack of oxygen

That's unless oxygen was injected into the combustion chamber, but that'd still be a pretty wasteful method of expending a supposedly critical resource on. So unless another type of oxidizing agent could be acquired, it wouldn't make much sense.

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
I'd imagine the Tier 1 rocket could be capable of delivering a user anywhere within a local system of moons and its host planet. In an emergency it could take the player on a desperate home trip through interplanetary space, making use of all what its life-support and propellant is worth.
That was what I was thinking. In situations of planet to moon travel a tier 1 would suffice. When traveling from planet to planet you would need a tier 2+

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Mars should have pyramids and giant faces as rare generated structures. No idea what to actually put inside, but I think it would be nice.
Also, villagers based on the cliche idea of a martian, aka, small, green, large head.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Mars should have pyramids and giant faces as rare generated structures. No idea what to actually put inside, but I think it would be nice.
Also, villagers based on the cliche idea of a martian, aka, small, green, large head.

Martians.jpg

Mar 8, 2015
Enderspace thats a great a image that should have been added on the mars generation because according to sources mars has a big volcano called Olympus Mons

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
Yea but it isn't active any more, there would be no lava. That would be a good look for other planets though *cough*Venus*cough*Io*cough