If you could actually travel through space in your ship.

Do you want to get funky, love, like, dislike, hate, or cast it into the fires of Mt. Doom?

• Total voters

Andrew Maher

Jan 12, 2014
Regarding my last suggestion, I dislike the gui that immediately appears as soon as your rocket reaches layer 1200. In my opinion, it would be better if you could travel in your rocket through a space-like dimension that allows you to go to all of the planets in the dimension itself. If this were made real, you would consume fuel, avoid the hazards of space, and even fight other players's ships and and mob ships. It would surely make Galacticraft servers much more exciting, and spice up the gameplay significantly. It would add to the uniquness of Galacticraft compared to other space mods, most importantly.

Andrew Maher

Jan 12, 2014
Did Mic actually say that? C'mon! Are you really going to believe that coming from Mitch Petrie, the creator of Galacticraft, who has already proven time and time again that he is overly capable of programming state-of-the-art? He is undoubtedly one of the best mod-makers in the country, and you are going to believe that coming from him? Think about it! He could definitely add this to the mod if enough people got together and pressured him! Oh well, I guess your right, woflboy. This would be impossible APPARENTLY. I respect whatever Mic wants to do with his mod, it's his own! But I really think he is full of it when he says that it would be impossible to add this feature I am suggesting to Galacticraft.

Last edited:

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
Not really micdoodle and alot of people think its a terrible and useless idea it would take about 16hours to code and its not even worth his time

Andrew Maher

Jan 12, 2014
Hello everybody, I am just going to plunge into more detail about some of the posts I have previously made that, judging from it's popularity from the comments, it does not look like it has reveived much attention.

I have just read the Topic that Turbomuffin posted, the same one that Mic turned down because he thought it difficult to implement, and I will prove my idea is feasible compared to Turbomuffin's and here is why:

First of all, the new interstellar space 'dimension' that the player will enter upon exiting the atmosphere of any planet load actual chunks, in contrast to Turbomuffin's (See quote in next paragraph). I am intending for it to be more like a void dimension that does not kill you and is infinitely large, much like actual outer space. The reason why my idea would be easier to code compared to Turbomuffin's is because of the very reason it will not contain actual chunks.

The space dimension would be a huge area, and nearly empty, maybe with bigger chunks if possible
This is a quote from Turbomuffin himself in the other topic. Now, at that point was when Micdoodle-8 probably decided that Turbomuffin's idea would be so hard to code, and therefore dismissed the idea after reading the topic because of the word chunks; get my point?

I have made it very clear that my idea is better, and please don't think I'm bragging when I say this, because it does not load actual chunks. Just imagine the 'dimension' that your rocket will be flying in with my idea is just a chunk-less void. Think of it as the minecraft overworld without any loaded CHUNKS, with just the planets and whatever creative thing micdoodle wants to add to the 'dimension.' Has the word CHUNK become repetitive? Good.

I would also like to make note that Mic did not say that Turbomuffin's idea was IMPOSSIBLE, but just difficult, which provides good reason that my idea is plausible as well.

Also, can we PLEASE try not to swear on my topic.
IM NOT FUCKING JOKING
and can we please try not attack each other?
When? ill give you an link arrogant idiot
It only makes matters worse, and the only thing it accomplishes is that it starts a pissing-match, am I right? I'm just trying to play role as peacekeeper.

Thank you for reading this post, and if you haven't PLEASE read it. In my opinion, it shore's up many vague parts about my idea, and improves the idea greatly.

Please, please, PLEASE read this comment guys.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Hello everybody, I am just going to plunge into more detail about some of the posts I have previously made that, judging from it's popularity from the comments, it does not look like it has reveived much attention.

I have just read the Topic that Turbomuffin posted, the same one that Mic turned down because he thought it difficult to implement, and I will prove my idea is feasible compared to Turbomuffin's and here is why:

First of all, the new interstellar space 'dimension' that the player will enter upon exiting the atmosphere of any planet load actual chunks, in contrast to Turbomuffin's (See quote in next paragraph). I am intending for it to be more like a void dimension that does not kill you and is infinitely large, much like actual outer space. The reason why my idea would be easier to code compared to Turbomuffin's is because of the very reason it will not contain actual chunks.

This is a quote from Turbomuffin himself in the other topic. Now, at that point was when Micdoodle-8 probably decided that Turbomuffin's idea would be so hard to code, and therefore dismissed the idea after reading the topic because of the word chunks; get my point?

I have made it very clear that my idea is better, and please don't think I'm bragging when I say this, because it does not load actual chunks. Just imagine the 'dimension' that your rocket will be flying in with my idea is just a chunk-less void. Think of it as the minecraft overworld without any loaded CHUNKS, with just the planets and whatever creative thing micdoodle wants to add to the 'dimension.' Has the word CHUNK become repetitive? Good.

I would also like to make note that Mic did not say that Turbomuffin's idea was IMPOSSIBLE, but just difficult, which provides good reason that my idea is plausible as well.

Also, can we PLEASE try not to swear on my topic. and can we please try not attack each other? It only makes matters worse, and the only thing it accomplishes is that it starts a pissing-match, am I right? I'm just trying to play role as peacekeeper.

Thank you for reading this post, and if you haven't PLEASE read it. In my opinion, it shore's up many vague parts about my idea, and improves the idea greatly.

Micdoodle already said no to the flying around in space thing, so it's a no.

Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch

Also, can we PLEASE try not to swear on my topic. and can we please try not attack each other? It only makes matters worse, and the only thing it accomplishes is that it starts a pissing-match, am I right? I'm just trying to play role as peacekeeper.

Its been turned down he said NO ;)

spacet&b

May 20, 2013
There might be a way to explore space but: (this probably may/may not work)
You could take part of the code of KSP(the part where you can go to space, to the moon and mars) and convert the KSP code into minecraft code. In addition, the process will take hours(since the game is so massive -_-).

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
There might be a way to explore space but: (this probably may/may not work)
You could take part of the code of KSP(the part where you can go to space, to the moon and mars) and convert the KSP code into minecraft code. In addition, the process will take hours(since the game is so massive -_-).

Just no.