Images: concept abaut a better space travel and tier3 rocket part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2013
Welcome.
I am going to explaon you a better space travel to mars, and to Jupiter with a tier 3 rocket. To make it easier to understood, I have got images. Because only 10 files can be uploaded once, there are more parts. The first two parts abaut how you could get to Mars with a tier2 rocket. Before writeing comments, read the all. A few things are explained later. Let's start.

Mars 1.png
After succesfully setting up the tier 2 rocket from the disassambled parts of your tier1 rocket, the player launches. It could be solved, that you could look out at the window, like at the tier1 rocket.

Mars 2.png As you get higher, the stars shouldn't appear so early, just the blue sky gets darker blue, and at higher height even darker blue like the sunset at minecraft, and black at the top, with stars appeared. There wouldn't be the Earth's image under you. I will tell why.

Mars 3.png
After reaching the top, you could get to the space dimension, instead of the planet selection GUI. Of course there would be a config option for the planet selection GUI for X-Yplayer. The space dimension would be a huge area, and nearly empty, maybe with bigger chunks if possible, and it won't lag of it, so larger areas could be loaded. The planets would be entities with large model, or simply a floating model, that you fly onto, you will be dropped to the planet's dimension.

Mars 4.png
I did a draw abaut how I imagined the entering of the space dimension, with a much bigger Earth, and a more accurate image. Why? -More realistic
-More beautiful
The Earth's image is yes so amazing from space, and it is bigger too. And the wiew of the atmosphere is cool too.
Valodi 4.5.PNG
It looks like somehow as shown here, It's good isn't it? Adding this to galacticraft would be really cool I belive.Let's see what's next.

Mars 5.png
The map should be improved too. Space stations, and rockets would be shown on the map, and there would be a blue circle around planets and moons. This is the planet/moon's gravitation field. Why? getting to any object would be hard, if the planet would move when you get close too. Disableing the moveing of the planet when you get to the gravitation field wouldn't be wise, because of multiplayer, so the moveing of the planet should be added to you as a new vector inside the gravitation field. With this, you could navigate easily and accurate, when you are in any planet'sgravitation field. Also, There's a second, yellow circle, showing the range of your rocket, based on courrent fuel ammout ( not visible ). That would help you to see if you can't reatch your destination. If you really run out of fuel, you would stop moveing, and you could ask for help, and if you would die in the space, a red skull would sign your death's position, helping you or thieves to pick up your items, wich do not disappar in space. In real life, you just have to speed up, and you will never slow down. In galacticraft, you could get to the farest galaxies with even a tier1 rocket based on this, that's why you would only move while you burn fuel. At this journey, I am heading the Mars, by going around Earth, near bendzsakmester's space station.
Mars 6.png
Here's as I would go near bendzsakmester's space station, near the big Earth, wich is so cool, I think better than the little square wich is how it looks like at the moment. To do this manouver, the rockets should be abled to fly downwards ( they can't at the moment ).As you would move with the planet in the gravitation field, it would be easy to land in his space station, wich is a group of blocks floating in the space dimension. If you don't want others to get there, non-invited players would be teleported back a few blocks witouth fuel loss ( same as teleported back in time ), just like at jumping into a chunk error, or walking at laggy servers. The space station have solar blocks, wich look like very cool, and just like many solar panels, and explained here: http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/reflector-and-solar-block.2617/
Earth from space also looks like as cool, that I got a real picture of it.
Valodi 6.7.png
Beautiful isn't-it?
Mars 7.png
Getting to the moon with your tier-1 rocket is easy: you just have to fly onto the big moon image. Flying to Mars isn't as easy: you don't see it, and you have to calculate it's moveing ( remember that as you leave the Earth's gravitation field, your moveing with it stops, and you will become still ). The tier2 rocket would have a level1 on-board computer, that would only be able to desgin routes to planets, calculating theit moveing. The Mars will be at the X when I reatch it. The X from the map is always visible, and you should just fly straightly to it. At there, the lower tier1 computer can only make these lines, and cannot calculate the path of comets, asteroids, and UFOs to not crash to them. They are entities too, and you should not crash them. Your courrent range is visible as the yellow circle too.
Mars 8.png
As I get farer and farer, and leave the Earth's gravitation field, the old image becomes loaded, for minimal lagging. As you saw on the maps, the moon have got a gravitation field too, that you will enter, you will see a big, accurate moon image.
End of first part. Second part is here:
http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.p...er-space-travel-and-tier3-rocket-part-2.2628/

Last edited:
Reactions: Vigilantecow

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Interesting idea, Mic Should think about this.

No he shouldn't. It's a terrible idea. People that want to play Kerbal Space Program should go play Kerbal Space Program. The GUI system works just fine, there's no reason to change it.

This needlessly over-complicates things, and it might not even be possible to do as a Minecraft mod. It's also a development time expensive idea. Is it really worth spending all that time and effort on a feature that most people will probably turn off or install other mods so they can skip it? That's not even counting the tons of people that would be completely turned off by the mod if they saw this feature.

Oh and lets not forget that with a feature like this, you can probably forget ever seeing this mod on a server.

Last edited:

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
No thanks. I think people've made it clear already that this space exploration idea isn't a good one. The GUI works perfectly fine. If you want KSP, go play KSP.
Agreed, this isn't KSP. Plus, the planets and moons are infinite and flat. Round images that stick out more than anything else on Minecraft would ruin it a bit.

hamzah

Jun 30, 2013
Well it can be one hell of a trip to mars (or moon) instead getting there after like a minute from launch.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
w

what is your problem about this? you are really an asshole galacticraft isent KSP and i have never played KSP

This idea is taken directly from KSP. What the fuck is your problem? Yeah GC isn't KSP, but this idea is to turn GC into KSP. How about you get a fucking clue before calling people an asshole.

Kinda gives everyone a glimpse at your intelligence when you attack the person before refuting the arguments they make. I don't know what you're still doing here. You're just some internet tough guy that does nothing but call people idiots and assholes. You bring absolutely nothing to the forums. GTFO.

Last edited:
Reactions: C.L.

hamzah

Jun 30, 2013
I know galacticraft isn't KSP but make his idea is making the travelling more fun (in my opinion). I got to admit, ufo's would awesome. Only if you can drive it.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I know galacticraft isn't KSP but make his idea is making the travelling more fun (in my opinion). I got to admit, ufo's would awesome. Only if you can drive it.

GC isn't about flying in space for no reason. Again, no one questions or cares whether this is even feasible within minecraft in the first place. No one thinks or cares about how long/hard it would be to even code something like this. No one seems to care about devoting time and effort to coding this:

1) Makes the mod less appealing to tons and tons of people that have no interest in playing KSP or anything like it.
2) Takes time away from developing other areas of the mod.

Reactions: MoltonMontro

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
w

what is your problem about this? you are really an asshole galacticraft isent KSP and i have never played KSP
Dex is saying it shouldn't become KSP. At the moment it is anything but KSP which is what Dex wants it to stay.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Maybe but it'd be a lot more complicated. Plus, these are FLAT and INFINITE dimensions/planets/moons. So much coding. UFO's would be good if GalactiCraft wasn't GalactiCraft. :p Unidentified Flying Objects really just complicates things.

Aug 26, 2013
No he shouldn't. It's a terrible idea. People that want to play Kerbal Space Program should go play Kerbal Space Program. The GUI system works just fine, there's no reason to change it.

This needlessly over-complicates things, and it might not even be possible to do as a Minecraft mod. It's also a development time expensive idea. Is it really worth spending all that time and effort on a feature that most people will probably turn off or install other mods so they can skip it? That's not even counting the tons of people that would be completely turned off by the mod if they saw this feature.

Oh and lets not forget that with a feature like this, you can probably forget ever seeing this mod on a server.
A voteing should be done abaut this. I think more players would like this, than you.

Aug 26, 2013
This idea is taken directly from KSP. What the fuck is your problem? Yeah GC isn't KSP, but this idea is to turn GC into KSP. How about you get a fucking clue before calling people an asshole.

Kinda gives everyone a glimpse at your intelligence when you attack the person before refuting the arguments they make. I don't know what you're still doing here. You're just some internet tough guy that does nothing but call people idiots and assholes. You bring absolutely nothing to the forums. GTFO.
You are not right, this is not from ksp, cause I haven't played ksp too.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Don't argue with that idiot titled 'dex luther'. You will have easyer life.

Yeah don't argue with me because I actually make sense. I actually make arguments that you can't refute, so just ignore what I have to say. Why admit you're wrong when you can ignore the people saying you're wrong and pretend you're right and your stolen idea is the best thing since sliced bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.