Images: concept abaut a better space travel and tier3 rocket part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
-If you mean 'hours going back' under spending times on Earth, prepareing for journeys, you may haven't red my suggestions abaut Jupiter, witch includes ( near this space dimension ) a good solar system, wich you explored once ( I mean building a base wich can recover rescoures from the planet ) you will just have to travel between planets for easily recoverable rescoures. For food, you would go to the Moon for cheese, you would jo to asteroids/moons for water and easily recoverable ores, the Jupiter for H2 fuel, the Earth for O2, and to Venus or Mercury for your thermal power plants. Going around a few times, and you would be ready for exploreing some new worlds!
-If you mean 'hours of going back' under long space travels for rescoures I tell: the rockets should be faster, as you see on the map, the same time should be made used for the tier1 rocket to go to moon, use the tier2 boosters for getting to Mars in the same time, and the Tier3 penta engines to speed to Jupiter, nearly during the same time (oh you haven't saw my tier3 rocket concept, but you will ).

It doesn't matter. If you want to play KSP, then go play KSP. Most of your images look like you took screenshots right out of KSP and changed a few things. The current system works perfectly. There's no need for this exploration of space crap.

I play battlefield. You don't see me making dumb suggestions to add armored tanks explore planets.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
It makes the idea more interesting when screenshots like these appear, looks good to me. support

yeah lets turn GC into Kerbal Space Program, but dumbed down. It's an awsome idea! Who cares if it wastes development time that can be used on other better ideas. Who cares if it only seems cool and people want it because it's in another game that they can't play? Who cares if people will never see it because it's turned off or will want to skip it.

Who cares if it's even logistically possible within Minecraft or that it will probably hurt the mod rather than help it. Right? We think it's a cool idea and that's all that matters! To hell with everyone else that plays this mod!

/sarcasm

Reactions: Donzaffi

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Yeah, it does remind me of KSP, it would probably be a better idea if you included the fact that the planets and moons are infinite and flat. Do I support? Not sure, could have added a little more information.

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
yeah lets turn GC into Kerbal Space Program, but dumbed down. It's an awsome idea! Who cares if it wastes development time that can be used on other better ideas. Who cares if it only seems cool and people want it because it's in another game that they can't play? Who cares if people will never see it because it's turned off or will want to skip it.

Who cares if it's even logistically possible within Minecraft or that it will probably hurt the mod rather than help it. Right? We think it's a cool idea and that's all that matters! To hell with everyone else that plays this mod!

/sarcasm

i was just mentioning it, dont be so rude, mitch will decide.

Donzaffi

Sep 28, 2013
In a Kingdom far far away
Doesn't it take years to reach other planets and moons realistically? I like the GUI system.
Yeah, in KSP still you need years to arrive some planets, there is a warp button for it^^.
Still if you want to do it in minecraft you need to make a new dimension, totally empty and don't forget landgeneration is infinity. There are much questions left, like what do you do if you run out of fuel and hoy to get to the direction.

And reconsider one thing that I said multiple times.
Imagine you want to establish a base on mars, you can't get all materials that you might want in one voyage there, you must go multiple times there, and each time is a long journey like, lets say 4000 blocks of travel, and then go back another 4000. And still if you a a real minecrafter that build large structures and so on you have to go many times to overworld and back because of the lack of minerals on mars. And each time making the long voyage.
Tell me the truth do you never get bored of doing this every time you want to go other planets ?
For example I am playing KPS too, and on every launch I wish I could skip the launch till it goes at 10 km to make my gravity turn because its only watching a rocket travelling strait up. And then to land on the moon you use time warp and not the normal speed, because of the same thing, it gets boring.

Reactions: MoltonMontro
Aug 26, 2013
Yeah you think that along with some kids, as mentioned in all other threads, people try to skip that after a few times because they get bored, so its a fucking bad idea to invest dev time there to a feature that got disabled after a few times.

You have to go many times to the overworld and back for ressources so nobody likes to stay metaphorical hours in going back
And if you see my icon you can know that I never spam or go off-topic ( abaut the mod ) I only give commentaries abaut the suggestion or answear to someone else's post that is mostly is for him.

Aug 26, 2013
Yeah, in KSP still you need years to arrive some planets, there is a warp button for it^^.
Still if you want to do it in minecraft you need to make a new dimension, totally empty and don't forget landgeneration is infinity. There are much questions left, like what do you do if you run out of fuel and hoy to get to the direction.

And reconsider one thing that I said multiple times.
Imagine you want to establish a base on mars, you can't get all materials that you might want in one voyage there, you must go multiple times there, and each time is a long journey like, lets say 4000 blocks of travel, and then go back another 4000. And still if you a a real minecrafter that build large structures and so on you have to go many times to overworld and back because of the lack of minerals on mars. And each time making the long voyage.
Tell me the truth do you never get bored of doing this every time you want to go other planets ?
For example I am playing KPS too, and on every launch I wish I could skip the launch till it goes at 10 km to make my gravity turn because its only watching a rocket travelling strait up. And then to land on the moon you use time warp and not the normal speed, because of the same thing, it gets boring.
OMFG all you ask for is already answeared in the description wich can be found between the pictures. You were drunk when you red it or you haven't red it?! I said that travels to different planets with different rockets would take nearly the same time. This means that if a Moon journey would take abaut 1.5 minutes, the mars travel would take abaut ~1.5-2 minutes ( counting with more navigation ) and don't froget the cargo missiles!. If you would run out of fuel - as I mentioned in the main thread- you would stop moveing and die. That point would be signed and you copuld return there for your items any time. You would get there by another player or I dont know maybe you could have a parachest when you die in SP.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
For ones like you I MENTIONED a part " there would be an option for the old GUI. "

There's already a GUI. Why waste tons and tons of development time to implement an idea stolen from another game to turn GC into that game, then give us the option (that most people will use) to use the old way anyways?

Why waste development time for a feature that 95% of the community won't use when Mitch can use that same development time to put more than one feature into the game that 100% of the community will like.

Reactions: MoltonMontro

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
There's already a GUI. Why waste tons and tons of development time to implement an idea stolen from another game to turn GC into that game, then give us the option (that most people will use) to use the old way anyways?

Why waste development time for a feature that 95% of the community won't use when Mitch can use that same development time to put more than one feature into the game that 100% of the community will like.
Very productive post, I want to ask a half-offtopic question. How long do you think till this thread is closed for arguing?

Status
Not open for further replies.