Images: concept abaut a better space travel and tier3 rocket part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2013
OP, how DID you manage to get the screenshots?!

And, though the idea of exploring space itself seems interesting, I don't like the idea of a highly detailed texture. I think the blocky textures should prevail.

You could make an addon that includes this, though.

Because the thread is too big to fit it all in one post. But he could simply have made the two posts in the same thread. That's what I did in the Roleplay thread and in the Ceres suggestion thread.
I will list how much I worked with that. Firstly, I drawed all the notion to paper, and I launched from Earth, and mostly from bendzsakmester's space station, made screenshots while I tried to get the positions imagined in the notion, and if it was good, I cutted a minecraft space background with the rocket, and added images from minecraft's files, and cutted internet planet draws. At the end I tried to resize them and overwrite the old ones to be in the memory border limit. I also made circles for the map part. I used paint.NET wich supports cutting, colour makeing, but can't fill areas. During this I made 57 screenshots, launched 21 times, and worked for abaut 5 hours. And the second part is still under construction.

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
Well, the map GUI is an overview of the Sun and its orbiting celestial bodies, so on its height I'd imagine the luxury of featuring some kind of simplified cut-scene showing the player's trajectory. You'd simply see an icon representing the player transferring orbit from one planet to another. I'm uncertain about its mechanics though.

I'm nevertheless happy with the simple system of:
  1. Ascent
  2. Selecting destination
  3. Descent

Based on the OP's ideas, I think it can be boiled down. Atmospheric entry could actually work without an additional dimension. There is already a transition technique in the mod that makes the entire planet visible from below if the player has passed beyond a certain height. Since it's so high up, a typical atmospheric entry could be simulated without any actual horizontal movement by simply having the model tilting while emitting fire particles. After a few seconds it stabilizes and stops emitting any particles. The final step is the release of its parachutes.

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
He's absolutely right. That post applies to certain people on this forum too.

*whistles innocently*

Not trying to make myself look like an innocent angel, or to shove all the guilty to someone else, but I normally only spam topics when others drag me into it.

Aug 26, 2013
Can't you really talk abaut the topic?
The second part will look like really cool and it takes more part to create, but I think that will be epic !

Donzaffi

Sep 28, 2013
In a Kingdom far far away
Can't you really talk abaut the topic?
The second part will look like really cool and it takes more part to create, but I think that will be epic !

Yeah you think that along with some kids, as mentioned in all other threads, people try to skip that after a few times because they get bored, so its a fucking bad idea to invest dev time there to a feature that got disabled after a few times.

You have to go many times to the overworld and back for ressources so nobody likes to stay metaphorical hours in going back

Reactions: OpelSpeedster

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
This idea would only be reasonable if we had spaceships instead of rockets. And even then, it wouldn't be great if you want to cross the galaxy or something.

Aug 26, 2013
Yeah you think that along with some kids, as mentioned in all other threads, people try to skip that after a few times because they get bored, so its a fucking bad idea to invest dev time there to a feature that got disabled after a few times.

You have to go many times to the overworld and back for ressources so nobody likes to stay metaphorical hours in going back
-If you mean 'hours going back' under spending times on Earth, prepareing for journeys, you may haven't red my suggestions abaut Jupiter, witch includes ( near this space dimension ) a good solar system, wich you explored once ( I mean building a base wich can recover rescoures from the planet ) you will just have to travel between planets for easily recoverable rescoures. For food, you would go to the Moon for cheese, you would jo to asteroids/moons for water and easily recoverable ores, the Jupiter for H2 fuel, the Earth for O2, and to Venus or Mercury for your thermal power plants. Going around a few times, and you would be ready for exploreing some new worlds!
-If you mean 'hours of going back' under long space travels for rescoures I tell: the rockets should be faster, as you see on the map, the same time should be made used for the tier1 rocket to go to moon, use the tier2 boosters for getting to Mars in the same time, and the Tier3 penta engines to speed to Jupiter, nearly during the same time (oh you haven't saw my tier3 rocket concept, but you will ).

Status
Not open for further replies.