Images: ( UPDATED!! now with he old GUI ) concept abaut a better space travel

Would you like to have outer-space dimensions around planets?

• Getting to the original planet selection GUI is too much time for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 26, 2013
Welcome again.
I decided to remake this thread because the normal idea have been experienced serious unpopularity because of they wanted to teleport instead of a short travel. So now, we will use the old planet selection GUI. The reason why I still want this idea is the nice large planets wich are wery nice, and some other, good ideas. It is also a lot shorter thread. Because the previous one have been locked, I couldn't edit that, I had to make a new thread.
If you are curious abaut the previous, ignored thread you can see it here:
http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.p...er-space-travel-and-tier3-rocket-part-1.2627/
If you would like to see my tier3 rcket idea, you can see it here:
http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/images-the-tier3-rocket-suggestion.2740/
( in that I am speking abaut the thread in the previous link not abaut this )
Mars 1.png
What to say to it again? Most important thing is to disassamble the tier1 rocket. You could have some starting material for heavy duty plates wich need lots of material.

Mars 2.png
As getting higher, the sky gets darker blue. If you have travelled by airplane, you may saw after reaching the flight height that the top of the sky is black. The same could be here... I saw video abaut the launch of real rockets, where this is so beautiful as you leave the atmosphere.

Valodi 4.5.PNG
This internet draw is abaut leaveing the atmosphere too. I think it is nice.

Mars 3.png
Instead of a very big space dimension, now I just have a little ones, each around the planets only.

Mars 4.png
In this previous image, outside Earth, The big accurate beautiful image is shown. I am not a software developer, but maybe could it be solved in the same way as the old Earth image is under you at launching? Just the same from 6 sides? I don't know...

Mars 7.png
In this previous thing, the blue circles were gravitation fields, now they could be the edges of around-planet space dimensions. After leaveing the circle you would get to the planet selection GUI. Why? The only thing why I would like to go to space in real life is that is beautiful. It would be nice for me and I think a lot more others to have this in MC.
Mars 5.png
Ant the time? if you would not want to go space stations or the Moon, you would just not corrigate, go directly to the edge, maybe under 15 seconds of flying? I had a very low research abaut it, and I flew abaut 12 chunks under 15 seconds. And for me, this couldn't be so long time. This space dimension would be here to include the space stations and one more nice thing.

Mars 11.png
After selecting the Mars in the GUI, I could be in its own little outside-space, to show the other essence:

Mars 12.png
The very nice atmosphere-penterateing of the planet. Just the same image of the planet, with particles. ( I couldn't do this with the same image.) It is so cool for me...

Mars 14.png
After 3-5 seconds descent you would go to land with your marslander.
I hope I was not boring, and you liked it.
Please dont argue like last time.

Donzaffi

Sep 28, 2013
In a Kingdom far far away
This idea is better than the last time, because so far that I understand its just a eye candy.
Its not a change I am looking forward too but I personally don't have a problem with it.
This is more a thing to implement at last when all other things a in, like planets and so on. Before the Core of the Mod isn't finished its just a waste of Development time because its much coding.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
So if I understand this correctly traveling from the overworld would be something like this:

01) Launch
02) Travel up to y 1,200
03) Load space dimension
04) Continue to fly Y number of blocks in an empty dimension with a view of the planet below
05) Load the GUI
06) Select your destination
07) If your destination is another planet, load another space dimension
08) Fly Y number of blocks in empty dimension with a view of the planet you're headed too
09) Load destination planet
10) Land

I'm not saying the idea is bad. It just seems like a lot of loading for very little pay off. Maybe a better solution to what I think you're looking for would be to let users/server admins set the Y altitude at which the GUI loads in the configs.

You'd be able to double the Y 1,200 if you wanted. Galacticraft skies would probably have to be tweaked a little so that you can get the views you're looking for, but it's probably better than loading tons of dimensions. People with slower computers and servers probably wouldn't like that.

Also something like being able to change the Y = 1,200 in the configs would mean that people could, in theory, set it lower than 1,200 if they wanted quicker rides to space. A minimum and maximum would obviously need to be hard coded though.

EDIT: See Wolfboy... I don't hate everything. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: obsidianpower790
Aug 26, 2013
So if I understand this correctly traveling from the overworld would be something like this:

01) Launch
02) Travel up to y 1,200
03) Load space dimension
04) Continue to fly Y number of blocks in an empty dimension with a view of the planet below
05) Load the GUI
06) Select your destination
07) If your destination is another planet, load another space dimension
08) Fly Y number of blocks in empty dimension with a view of the planet you're headed too
09) Load destination planet
10) Land

I'm not saying the idea is bad. It just seems like a lot of loading for very little pay off. Maybe a better solution to what I think you're looking for would be to let users/server admins set the Y altitude at which the GUI loads in the configs.

You'd be able to double the Y 1,200 if you wanted. Galacticraft skies would probably have to be tweaked a little so that you can get the views you're looking for, but it's probably better than loading tons of dimensions. People with slower computers and servers probably wouldn't like that.

Also something like being able to change the Y = 1,200 in the configs would mean that people could, in theory, set it lower than 1,200 if they wanted quicker rides to space. A minimum and maximum would obviously need to be hard coded though.

EDIT: See Wolfboy... I don't hate everything. ;)
You know how to. One more thing: between my friends I have the lowest computer, I am loading for the longest time, still, it was hard for me to take the 4th picture, because I had abaut 1 seconds to find and press PrintScreen when I was travelling to Nether... I don't know do you have got a bad computer, but I have a low one, and the loading isn't so hard FOR ME in MC... Maybe you are the right I dont know...

Donzaffi

Sep 28, 2013
In a Kingdom far far away
You know how to. One more thing: between my friends I have the lowest computer, I am loading for the longest time, still, it was hard for me to take the 4th picture, because I had abaut 1 seconds to find and press PrintScreen when I was travelling to Nether... I don't know do you have got a bad computer, but I have a low one, and the loading isn't so hard FOR ME in MC... Maybe you are the right I dont know...

Java is a little b***h, I have a quad core mainly for my work and still I must play minecraft on lowest settings all other games run fine

Aug 26, 2013
Java is a little b***h, I have a quad core mainly for my work and still I must play minecraft on lowest settings all other games run fine
I talk abaut the loading, I don't know values abaut your Minecraft's loading, but I belive it shouldn't be seriously bad.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth

I7 3.4ghz
12gb Ram
Radeon 6800 HD

My computer is no slouch, but questions I ask are not necessarily for me. I ask questions about things I think the community would experience. I have a good computer, but many many people do not. Even though most dimension changes take only seconds for me, it would still get annoying if there are too many needless loading screens. I try to imagine what kind stress it would put on a server running this mod (and probably many others) or how it would affect people who's computers can barely run minecraft, which would mean the loading screens are longer too.

I think it's a neat idea though, which is why I tried to offer an alternate path to the same effect I think you're looking for. You'd get the same result (actually reach space before the GUI popping up), but with in a more gradual way that would feel more natural.

I may have completely missed the point of your suggestion though. I'm not perfect after all (pretty close to it though :p ). If that's the case, please let me know.