Implements to Moon

David Aronson

Jul 26, 2013
I recently watched a video, in which a heard a series of things about the Moon:

• You can get more sunlight the higher up you are(Solar Power)
  • You can build taller Towers
  • If you shield a Moon Base with Lunar Regolith, it is less damaged by Meteors

What I'm saying is, that with these ideas, I think the Moon could have a higher build height, and more solutions to Energy Problems. I think this will make the Moon Dimension more unique than it already is, and offer more options as well.

What do you guys think?

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
You can get more sunlight the higher up you are (Solar Power)
Are you sure the video was a documentary about Earth's Moon? Well:
  • The Moon has no atmosphere to scatter the sunlight. So,
  • Building, say, a few hundred meter tall tower on the moon won't give you more sunlight, because the light source (the Sun) is 150 million kilometers away -- too far way for the inverse-square law to make any difference. Get it?
If you shield a Moon Base with Lunar Regolith, it is less damaged by Meteors
How would the regolith (moon turf) be used? It would be used as building block (but it's too weak) or in a recipe of a tougher material?

Last edited:

David Aronson

Jul 26, 2013
How would the regolith (moon turf) be used? It would be used as building block (but it's too weak) or in a recipe of a tougher material?
Perhaps. Many Moon Base Concepts actually use this idea: http://www.esa.int/var/esa/storage/...1-eng-GB/Lunar_base_made_with_3D_printing.jpg

In fact It's advised to make a Moon Base underground these days, as it shields you from Space-Radiation

It certainly wouldn't be a bad idea to make reinforced lunar soil. It can be made similar to how Tin-Deco blocks are made.

Speaking of Moon Bases, maybe add an idea similar to the 3D Printing, a technique people are thinking about using to make Moon Colonies. In the older Moon Mod, there were instant lunar tents you could setup. Why not add that in this mod too? The tents can also be linked together to make an overall larger structure.

Are you sure the video was a documentary about Earth's Moon? Well:
  • The Moon has no atmosphere to scatter the sunlight. So,
  • Building, say, a few hundred meter tall tower on the moon won't give you more sunlight, because the light source (the Sun) is 150 million kilometers away -- too far way for the inverse-square law to make any difference. Get it?

In this Video, a man talks about the idea at one point

It's a long video, but very interesting