Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Sprites aren't that bad.

• everything except the Upgrades.

• Total voters
Apr 5, 2014
Germany
It could be that i didn't saw it, or that there are just NO Threads about the Machines... so, here's one!

So, Machines in GC are mostly useful, but there's one thing that i don't like.
Why can't you Upgrade your Machines? and yes, i count in More Planets for this one.

Basicly every Electric Machine should have 2-3 Upgrade Slots. (excluding Storage Modules)
so, let's take a Look at the Upgrades-Types:
(sprites are made by me, they aren't good)

Speed Upgrade:
it simply Increases the Speed and Energy Consuption of a Machine.
Tier 1:
4kb0oMN.png

+20% Speed, +40% Energy consumption
Tier 2:
cQIEZr0.png

+40% Speed, +50% Energy consumption
Tier 3:
dFtnESp.png

+60% Speed, +55% Energy consumption

Energy Efficiency Upgrade:
this one Decreases the Energy consumption and a bit of the Speed.
Tier 1:
HJWpeck.png

-30% Energy consumption, -5% Speed
Tier 2:
oVpmZjV.png

-40% Energy consumption, -8% Speed
Tier 3:
VBsCsDl.png

-50% Energy consumption, -20% Speed

Productivity Upgrades:
theses Upgrades add a chance of a Extra (resourceless) output while Processing something. (for example plates).
Tier 1:
lOdPFEf.png

+4% Extra ouput, +10% Energy consumption
Tier 2:
wgYyBVe.png

+8% Extra ouput, +20% Energy consumption
Tier 3:
Eif2G9b.png

+15% Extra ouput, +25% Energy consumption

Energy Capacity Upgrade:
the name says it, it Increases the Energy a machine can Store.
Tier 1:
JwtPXRB.png

+10% Energy Storage
Tier 2:
Y0Z8kRw.png

+20% Energy Storage
Tier 3:
bKkrKoT.png

+40% Energy Storage

Fluid Capacity Upgrade:
the same as the Energy version, but with all internal Fluid/gas Tanks in a Machine.
Tier 1:
poTesKZ.png

+10% Fluid/Gas Storage
Tier 2:
f7FbYyV.png

+20% Fluid/Gas Storage
Tier 3:
raQd5Ri.png

+40% Fluid/Gas Storage

Other items:
here are some other ideas of Items that should be in the base Mod.
Battery Cluster:
just 3 batteries in a Crafting Grid gives you this Wonderful item, which can hold 3x more Power than the Normal Battery.
TUqqeFL.png

Solar Mask:
combining a Full Solar panel with a Oxygen mask and a Advanced Wafer makes This Awesome Portable power, it Produces the same power as a Normal Solar Panel. (it recharges Items in the Inv. like Batteries, etc)
tijX3x8.png

Canister:
this is a Re-Texture of the Usual Canister and the Advanced version which can hold 2x the amount of Liquids/Gasses.
Normal:
r2CesFi.png
(before:
TZsr66n.png
)
Tier 2:
usMYtn2.png

so, this is it. my English isn't the best so... yea.
The Upgrades aren't Balanced!
mabye i add some more things to this.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Oh, that's actually nice. I'd especially like the speed upgrades, the compressor is just too godawful slow.

Not sure about the productivity upgrades, though. That would be fitting for something which processes ores, but for compressing? Also, I think it would pretty much make everyone use only productivity upgrades, because players are greedy.

Maybe only allow those for the arc furnace, and then either make it produce a third ingot occasionally, or give it a second output slot and make it produce some nuggets when outfitted with the productivity upgrade. Or even other stuff, like Thermal Expansion's Induction Furnace.

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
...players are greedy.
that's the Reason for the Upgrades xD
i'm sick of Waiting for the Machines to Finish, and Speed Upgrades are Perfect... and Productivity is a nice Extra.

Not sure about the productivity upgrades, though. That would be fitting for something which processes ores, but for compressing?

the Productivity Upgrades are a Refrence to the Game "Factorio" where they have a Simalar use, i quote form the Wiki: "Productivity modules push the machine productivity to the limit (Enables to make more products from the same amount of ingredients) but they increase the energy consumption. ".
so i don't see anything wrong with using them for Every Machine... even tho they can not be used in Every Machine in Factorio...
so maybe they should have some Limits? like Being less Efficent in the Coppressor, Circuit Fabricator.

Maybe only allow those for the arc furnace, and then either make it produce a third ingot occasionally, or give it a second output slot and make it produce some nuggets when outfitted with the productivity upgrade.

uhm... Arc Furnace? *checks the Galacticraft wiki*
oh, that thing seems pretty Useless. A Alloy Smelter with a Octatic Capacitor is way better than that...
but the point of the Productivity Upgrade is to give a Extra Item out of a Machine without using any Ingredients. i know it sounds OP, but if you knew how it Works in the Original game, than it's... still cool, but not so Over Powered as you might think.

if you need more Infos about the "Productivity module" from the Original Game, just Google it or i try to find a Good way to Expain how they work, unless you know Factorio.

p.s.: i like to repond to comments and make the Answers long :3

1Gutter

Jan 23, 2016
Well, theese modules seems kinda OP. I think it kindof ruins the game.

If it takes too long, make more compressors, if you don't have the materials, you should get them. If you don't have the power required to the machines, get the power, etc...
If you could get around 3 iron from 1 ore and you could make a ship really fast, then that would kindof ruin a little, and besides, there are other mods that gives more ingot for ore, I'm not saying you need them, but if you're desperate, then theres always that option.

But thats my opinion, I just mass produce lots of compressed stuff and then proceed. If ores/ingots were easier accessable, then that would be much better.

I feel like if there was a way to get ores easier, then this wouldn't be needed. Like buildcraft has quarries, Minefactory: Reloaded has laser drills, mechanism has its digger (or something... idk).

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
Well, theese modules seems kinda OP. I think it kindof ruins the game.

1. i think you're mostlikly referring to the Productivity Upgrades, as i can't see why more Speed/Capacity would be considered "OP".
2. Productivity Upgrades are fine... as i said, they are supposed to work like in the Original Game. it's actually very balanced.
3. you calll that OP? do you know the "Draconic Evolution" Mod? xD

If it takes too long, make more compressors, if you don't have the materials, you should get them. If you don't have the power required to the machines, get the power, etc...

i get your Point, Massproduction is the Key.
but Better machines are important too.

If you could get around 3 iron from 1 ore and you could make a ship really fast, then that would kindof ruin a little, and besides, there are other mods that gives more ingot for ore, I'm not saying you need them, but if you're desperate, then theres always that option.

sometimes i'm using Rotarycraft to get ~5 times the amount of Ingots from one ore.
but Resources aren't a Problem.
i'm just sick of slow machines when i'm in End-Game.

But thats my opinion, I just mass produce lots of compressed stuff and then proceed. If ores/ingots were easier accessable, then that would be much better.

the only Problem with Compressor Mass-production is... that AE2 Autocrafting isn't able to automate the Compressors 100% at the time.
so AE2 Compatibility would be a good Start. :p

I feel like if there was a way to get ores easier, then this wouldn't be needed. Like buildcraft has quarries, Minefactory: Reloaded has laser drills, mechanism has its digger (or something... idk).

you would be an Idiot if you use BC Quarries... honestly.
E-Quarries are way better.
the MFR Laser Drills are just Awesome. got one on my Space Station.
and the Mekanism Digital Miner is just a Filtered Quarry. (freaking Awesome thing)
either way, as i said. if you start going to Space, Resources shouln't be a problem.
but having a Tier 8 Rocket, 1000 things in Autocrafting, Millions of RF in Storage and a freaking slow Compressor (or Other machines) is just Unacceptable.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Nice job @Proxy_PlayerHD - thank you for the icons.

We might use the Battery Cluster and the Solar Mask. Are you happy if your artwork goes into the mod?

I also like the concept of Tier 2 canisters, that's quite nice to be able to carry more than 1000mb of fluids. Of course some other mods (Thermal Expansion) have portable tanks but they are OP. This will take more work to implement as currently there's a different icon for each fill level of each different coloured canister.

As for the machines:

* The Electric Ingot Compressor is fast, when powered with Tier 2 power. That is how you are supposed to upgrade it, improve your energy systems: http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Energy It also outputs 2 compressed plates each time - or 4 compressed plates if you have "Quick Mode" enabled. I would say that is fast enough, if you want more than that, use 2 Electric Ingot Compressors side by side.

* The Electric Arc Furnace smelts fast - especially when powered with Tier 2 power - and doubles your ore output, so it's 2x as fast. Again, I would say that is fast enough.

More generally, Galacticraft is not a "tech mod" based around ore processing machines and pipes. You are supposed to use Mekanism, IC2, EnderIO, or Thermal Expansion to do your ore processing if you want more output or very high speeds. If we added machine upgrades, it would only be duplicating advantages which are already available in Mekanism etc. And I think players would prefer to see more reachable planets and space vehicles from us, and not machine upgrades!

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Hm, is "tier 2 power" supposed to work with EnderIO conduits? Or is the only way to charge a GC storage cluster first, and then use GC heavy wires only to transfer power to the machines?

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
Nice job @Proxy_PlayerHD - thank you for the icons.
np.

We might use the Battery Cluster and the Solar Mask. Are you happy if your artwork goes into the mod?

sure thing, but pls make the mask RF compatible. so that i can charge my Atomic Disassembler while Jumping on the Moon. :3

I also like the concept of Tier 2 canisters, that's quite nice to be able to carry more than 1000mb of fluids. Of course some other mods (Thermal Expansion) have portable tanks but they are OP. This will take more work to implement as currently there's a different icon for each fill level of each different coloured canister.

1. hahahahaha, you call the TE Portable tanks "OP". geez, did you ever used Extra Utilities' Drums? Storing 65.536.000mb in one Block is a bit closer to "OP".
2. funny, how things like Canisters seem to be the "makable" idea here... Canisters... a thing i never use. because i have TE/ExUt. well, better than nothing.

As for the machines:

* The Electric Ingot Compressor is fast, when powered with Tier 2 power. That is how you are supposed to upgrade it, improve your energy systems: http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Energy It also outputs 2 compressed plates each time - or 4 compressed plates if you have "Quick Mode" enabled. I would say that is fast enough, if you want more than that, use 2 Electric Ingot Compressors side by side.

* The Electric Arc Furnace smelts fast - especially when powered with Tier 2 power - and doubles your ore output, so it's 2x as fast. Again, I would say that is fast enough.

i checked this Tier 2 Energy in CSP, it is significantly faster. i didn't knew that existed, but the Upgrades do not only increase speed. (this Upgrade thing was to 40% a try to get a Factorio Refrence into the mod).
here i found it out thx to the wiki:
(the Storage thing on the left needs to be a "Storage Cluster", not the Normal one)

More generally, Galacticraft is not a "tech mod" based around ore processing machines and pipes. You are supposed to use Mekanism, IC2, EnderIO, or Thermal Expansion to do your ore processing if you want more output or very high speeds.

Ender IO + AE² is just the best for Ore-processing. and IC² is just the worse tech mod. but the Resources aren't the Problem, it's the Machines. i just feel like beeing able to say: "this Compressor only goes for speed, because it's for Heavy Duty plates. and this goes for Productivity because it's for Bronze/Aluminium/steel Plates" would help a lot in Automating them. or make it less annoying to automate them, as AE² still can't haddle theses Devil Compressors.

If we added machine upgrades, it would only be duplicating advantages which are already available in Mekanism etc. And I think players would prefer to see more reachable planets and space vehicles from us, and not machine upgrades!

Mekanism can't Compress GC plates or refine Oil... the GC Refinery is the Cheapest to craft/power. also, expanding the Mod 1 Dimensionaly (like only focusing ONLY on the Obvious space thing) can ruin the mod. so little/game changing additions for things people wouldn't really expect is good thing.
but hey, when not everything goes into the main mod (which seems unlikly to happen). Someday... someone is gonna make a Addon out of this. xD
and it's not me, because i can't program Java.

Hm, is "tier 2 power" supposed to work with EnderIO conduits? Or is the only way to charge a GC storage cluster first, and then use GC heavy wires only to transfer power to the machines?

the Image should answer that Question.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
as AE² still can't haddle theses Devil Compressors.

Please provide details of what is not working. All the basic compressed metals should work. Heavy Duty Plating requires you to lay out the recipe manually first, but if you can then keep the Compressor stocked with the input items, it should continue working with AE2.

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
Please provide details of what is not working. All the basic compressed metals should work. Heavy Duty Plating requires you to lay out the recipe manually first, but if you can then keep the Compressor stocked with the input items, it should continue working with AE2.

well, since you can't say the ME-System to do a Specific layout of Items inside a Machine, AE² tries to still do it by randomly place the Ingots in the Compressor. It mostly works, but sometime when autocrafting Plates (that need 2 Ingots) it can happen that the 2 stacks of Materials get not Split 1:1.
soo, just theses Images should show what i mean:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
That's AE2's problem. Not the compressor. If you used a vanilla Hopper stacked with iron ingots to feed the Compressor, the ingots would automatically get split 1:1. Try it, you will see.

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
That's AE2's problem. Not the compressor. If you used a vanilla Hopper stacked with iron ingots to feed the Compressor, the ingots would automatically get split 1:1. Try it, you will see.

is... th-that... SIRIUS-ly the Solution? [Space Pun]
A so Complex Problem, and a so Easy Answer?
wow, I'm a person of Efficiency and Profit and i didn't checked that.
thank you for Helping. i now need to change my Auto-Compressor Layout.
even tho a Compressor that didn't needed Sertiant Material layouts to work (look at the Alloy Furnace for Project Red) would be better for everyone and AE². but it's fine. (i just need to learn how to make Addons xD)

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Currently:
For simple compressed metals (e.g. Compressed Iron), use a Hopper, it will always work correctly
For complex compressed metals (e.g. Heavy Duty Plate), it's best still to use a system which can place the items on the crafting table.

I have commented on the AE2 Github. If the AE2 developers respond to me, we can maybe together work on a solution where everything works correctly.

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
I have commented on the AE2 Github. If the AE2 developers respond to me, we can maybe together work on a solution where everything works correctly.

wow... thanks, really. this will help Mass-Producing GC things... like Air-locks, Heavy-duty Plates (Tier 1-8) and basicly everything!