Improved Asteroid Mining (now with thrusters!)

Would you like to see your own asteroid dimension mobile base?

• Horrible idea, leave and never come back

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 18, 2016
We can all agree that the Astro Miner is pretty cool, but I was wondering, what if we could actually make a mobile base in the asteroid field. Basically like a space station (or hollowed out asteroid) with space station thrusters on it that could be moved from some sort of control station. It could be used to move through the asteroid field and allow you to pop out and mine stuff before moving back inside and replenishing oxygen and emptying inventory space etc. Instead of having to move out further and further to mine new asteroids, you take your energy and oxygen resources with you! It would only be able to be made with titanium or some upcoming tier 4 stuff from new planets. Unlike with the attempted space station gravity, it could only move the base left and right up or down, no rotation.

Perhaps even a beacon so that your rocket automatically lands in a set place on said base?

Whatcha think?

Last edited:

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
I think it's too complicated for vanilla GC. Also, you could use Archimedes Ships (plus), or, if you can java, you could try using the MovingWorld library from AS+ in order to include stuff like oxygen while moving.

Aug 18, 2016
Do you know anything about getting Oxygen to move with it? It's kind of annoying to depressurize the ship every time you move. Good news is that it does in fact move among the asteroids and as long as you have an oxygen tank when moving you'll be okay.

Attachments

• 2016-08-18_15.13.07.png
    2016-08-18_15.13.07.png
    133.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: