Improving lack of oxygen suffocation

REwiindzZz

Mar 29, 2013
This isn't really that much of a big suggestion but, I would like it so that it would take a very quick time to suffocate when you're in outer space if you don't have the appropriate gear. I am noticing that it takes a long time to lose hearts when in outer space, and it makes using the oxygen gear useless (especially on peaceful!). It would be best if it would be like losing hearts when drowning in water.

Reactions: Qeztotz and Jake

jojack

Mar 30, 2013
i have noticed that when u have the oxygen suit on that u still drown in water i find this to be unrealisct and not used to its fullest if you could make it like ur under water when in space and u can hold ur bearth for like 1/10 of the time that would be amazing but love the mod
(i cant spell to well)

Reactions: Flexico and Jake

Smidge204

Jun 5, 2013
Sorry for necroposting, but I've been browsing the forum looking at the suggestions... and I don't think got the attention it deserves.

Running out of Oxygen on the Moon should be BAD. Maybe two levels of bad: First case is you run out of oxygen, in which case you take damage as if drowning. Second case is you take off your oxygen mask, in which you take two or three times as much damage as simply running our of oxygen... I mean, at least the air isn't sucked out of your lungs when your tanks run empty...

And +1 for the oxygen setup doubling as SCUBA gear. Makes it more useful.
=Smidge=

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Makes sense.

As to oxygen gear working as well a scuba gear: In fact, astronauts train in deep swimming pools. It would be useful for planets where there are flooded areas to explore.

As to running out of oxygen: the damage taken would increase geometrically, like 1,2,4,8,16 HP... and the time span between the "damage hits" should be inversely proportional to the air pressure.

Reactions: Flexico