Industrialcraft² compatibility !

mascready

Feb 28, 2013
What I am suggesting is a compatibility with the mod industrialcraft ²

particularly with copper ores,with machines (macerator, compressor, extractor). And why don't create some machines using electricity, in a addon ?

It will be great for IC² users. Thx for reading.

flashman111

Feb 12, 2013
The machines would be dependant of IC2 then, which would upset some people. Additionally, micdoodle is already working with the UE Api

Woz2

Mar 10, 2013
Speaking of which, whenever I use the oil extractor, it crashes my game. Looking in the error report, it appears to be because of UE. So, mayhap the API galacticraft is currently using is out of date now? Or is it just me and my 70+ mods?

Programmdude

Mar 10, 2013
No, it wouldn't be dependent on IC2 if done right, he could implement it as a plugin and have it so he has the right type of dust and so on but they only get loaded and used if IC2 is also loaded. Lots of other mods use systems similar to this.

flashman111

Feb 12, 2013
No, it wouldn't be dependent on IC2 if done right, he could implement it as a plugin and have it so he has the right type of dust and so on but they only get loaded and used if IC2 is also loaded. Lots of other mods use systems similar to this.
He was talking about an Addon that would add IC2 machines for the mod (at least thats how i understood it).
And that would make at least that part of the mod IC2 dependant

Programmdude

Mar 10, 2013
I was under the impression that he was meaning macerating (turning to dust) the new ores, I didn't fully read the entire post. I must have skimmed over the part about adding new machines that use eceltricity.

Ferigad

Mar 8, 2013
On the other Hand, UE has begun to work together with IC2 and Buildcraft compatible mods. Nothing agains Marketism but the IC2 mashines are simply the true basics when it comes to ore refining.

In some way, with the ores he allready uses they are compatible to IC2 if you use GregTech too, if Titanium, Copper and Aluminium are part of the Oredictinary, they are allready compatible with advanced GregTech Systems and Ores, and you find Copper in Forestry too. At least when i tested IC2 with GregTech + the Galacticraft build from last week, i could use GregTech Titanium and Aluminium, and i could use Forestry and IC2 Copper for Galacticraft parts.

To make the Ores from this mod working with the macerator would make sense, dont know what you have to do in that case (truely i didnt test it to macorate Galacticraft Ores yet), but at the moment the mods IC2, BC and UE are a interlinked package.

Each mod should be able to play on it´s own. But it´s more fun in my opinion if you can play them together and get more out of it. ;) And to make it UE compatible is a good start.

Ferigad

Mar 8, 2013
Well first thing it´s a woho spacemod, second thing, to quote Cave Johnson from Portal:

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

And thats why we need to industrialize Minecraft. To make combustible lemons. Or combustible potatoes..

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
Well first thing it´s a woho spacemod, second thing, to quote Cave Johnson from Portal:

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

And thats why we need to industrialize Minecraft. To make combustible lemons. Or combustible potatoes..
You can't plant lemons in Minecraft. :3

DeWolf

Feb 26, 2013
I have over 60 mods installed with this unless you mean that the seperate ores are able to be used in the recipes that is different. You may need a mod that adds just the recipes. Note because the ore IDs have a / in them you can not configure the IC2 miner to consider them valuable.