Infinite Power

billybob8484

Oct 25, 2013
So I've started building a moon base in creative, and after making a few minor changes in MCEdit, I've noticed that everything in my base is staying powered, even with my solar panel field disconnected. It seems to me that the wires themselves are becoming bugged into providing infinite power regardless of input. The only way I've found to fix this is to destroy all the connections (wires and sealable wires) to a machine and replace them, but this only sort of of works. If I place a new wire to an existing bugged wire, the new wire becomes bugged, and provides infinite power once again. So the only way I think will fix this is to destroy all of my wiring in one go, then replace it. As my base is growing, this will not be a long term solution should I want to use an editor again. Anyone have a similar problem/have relevant input?

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
It would help if you said which version of GC you are playing, and which other power mods you have installed.

My guess is this is GC3, and you have BuildCraft installed as well, in which case this is a known issue - https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/issues/791. We are working on a fix, but it's not easy due to the interaction with BuildCraft.

billybob8484

Oct 25, 2013
Ah! Sorry, I'm currently using Minecraft 1.7.10 with Forge 10.13.0.1180 and Galacticraft BETA-1.7-3.0.1.170. I'm not using buildcraft, but I am using zans minimap.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
I'm sorry. I missed the MCEdit part of your post. That will definitely cause you issues if you use it to move working wires or machinery. It would probably be the same for plenty of other mods too. Yes, it seems normal that you would have to rebuild the wire network after using MCEdit. Breaking and placing one wire should usually be enough though - I'm not sure why you have that issue where a bugged wire makes a new wire bug out. Does a re-log fix that?

It's kind of similar to this reported issue: https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/issues/586

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
ok, thanks for letting me know, seems like there may be something wrong there as normally placing or breaking 1 wire should fix the whole network.