Interstellar Movie Style Black Hole

Derp Johnson

Jan 1, 2015
In the movie Interstellar the main character falls into a black whole and gets transported into the future. I think you should make an exoplanet system where the planets orbit the black hole and if you go to the black hole it teleports you to a random time period on a random planet, for example in the distant past martian oceans, or in the distant future an uninhabitable earth.

Reactions: Space guy

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
The movie is non-sense, black holes destroy all matter that goes into it. Interstellar took a steaming dump on steven hawkings work. and a planetary system orbiting a black hole does sound like an awesome sick idea.

Reactions: Vigilantecow

Derp Johnson

Jan 1, 2015
The movie is non-sense, black holes destroy all matter that goes into it. Interstellar took a steaming dump on steven hawkings work. and a planetary system orbiting a black hole does sound like an awesome sick idea.

I know the black whole in the movie could never exist. But neither could steve in real life just look at this.

Minecraft is an unrealistic game. So I don't see why mods should have to be realistic.

EDIT: And time travel is a lot more fun than dying.:)

Last edited:

PurGamingCEO

Mar 9, 2015
I agree with zachecho. But also a system of barely habitable planets which you are teleported to could be cool...

dj3520

Aug 14, 2014
gcf.dj3520.net
A black hole is created by a singularity, an object so dense it's gravitational pull becomes strong enough to trap light. Pretty much, it eats everything, but doesn't have it travel, teleport, or time leap. It gets crushed.

You sound like you'd want a wormhole instead, which serves as a portal or shortcut between two points in space. I wouldn't see how time travel could work properly in a multiplayer environment.

Derp Johnson

Jan 1, 2015
A black hole is created by a singularity, an object so dense it's gravitational pull becomes strong enough to trap light. Pretty much, it eats everything, but doesn't have it travel, teleport, or time leap. It gets crushed.

You sound like you'd want a wormhole instead, which serves as a portal or shortcut between two points in space. I wouldn't see how time travel could work properly in a multiplayer environment.

A wormhole would either be massless or not have nearly enough mass for an entire planetary system to orbit it. But i might be wrong

Space guy

Apr 3, 2015
The movie is non-sense, black holes destroy all matter that goes into it. Interstellar took a steaming dump on steven hawkings work. and a planetary system orbiting a black hole does sound like an awesome sick idea.[/quote] Actually in the movie they said the black hole has a gentle singularity and that the tidal waves of the black hole were so large something fast enough could go through it and survive. The main character doesnt actually go into the black hole, he goes past the event horizon but is saved by the 5th dimensional beings who transport him into the cubed thing, the teserract. i think that or he passes the singularity and is saved by them. So it is possible he could have survived. i dont know. As for the fact of transporting him to the other place the 5th dimensional beings did that to save him so that couldnt happen though.

Last edited:

Space guy

Apr 3, 2015
i read it up again and scientist say it is possible if the black hole was large enough you could reach the event horizon without getting ripped to shreds but once you reach the event horizon you can never escape the pull of the black hole.

dj3520

Aug 14, 2014
gcf.dj3520.net
I've mentally replaced Intersellar's "black" hole with a "wormhole" as it makes more logical sense to me.
Yes once you reach the event horizon even light doesn't escape, but you'd want a weaker and smaller black hole to achieve that, since it has a weaker gravitational pull.
I didn't realize those planets orbited the black hole in the movie. So where does the light come from if there's no sun?

Space guy

Apr 3, 2015
i think the light and heat comes from the parts of the black hole around it. the last parts of the star around the black hole it once was is the light i think. im not sure because ive only seen the movie once but i think if you look it up or the documentary the science of interstellar may explain it. :/

Last edited:

dj3520

Aug 14, 2014
gcf.dj3520.net
The light is actually from light itself being pulled near the event horizon via gravity and orbiting the singularity. Heat is probably from friction. Anyway, we should come up with a suggestion from all of this or abandon it.

Space guy

Apr 3, 2015
Yeah, we're kinda going off topic, sorry. i think a black hole would be cool to implement but it would be just to hard to make.

Mar 8, 2015
Also minecraft is like lego you can have endless possibilities
and in order to enter or survive a black hole you need something that can resist it's strong pull of gravity.

dj3520

Aug 14, 2014
gcf.dj3520.net
you need something that can resist it's strong pull of gravity.
Light is known to be the fastest thing in the universe and yet it cannot escape the gravitational pull of a black hole. In order for matter to "resist" a black hole, it has to be massless, which defies logic because I believe all matter has mass.
Then again I'm no expert in this area, and how light is affected by gravity when it's a particle confuses me.

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
A wormhole would produce a large gravitational field. This is one of those gravitational fields that don't actually have anything heavy directly making it, rather is caused by forced warping of space-time caused by movement, specifically rotational movement in this case. The rotation of fast moving heavy object would hypothetically create a black hole without its signature singularity core, as it is creating a whirlpool in space-time from the outside, unlike black holes, which are created from within. We don't know where it will go, but maybe we could direct the wormhole to take us somewhere. Some physicists have already designed a way to create a wormhole, which would involve spinning white dwarfs into incredible speeds around the place for the wormhole to be, then filling it with dark energy, that one thing that has a reverse gravitational field, thus opening the hole large enough to fit visible matter through. Also, Interstellar was actually praised by Neil De'grasse Tyson for being incredibly scientifically accurate, and I know special relativity, general relativity and quantum physics, and I find it pretty accurate, except that part with the love force, which was total bull shit

Still, planets orbiting a black hole in mine craft would be really cool