Into the unknown

Mar 8, 2015
It would be great to see more things outside the milky way galaxy like new galaxies and more things

Example: New planets like a diamond planet a doomed planet and many more

Reactions: Codym2405

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
Out of the galaxy? Thats going to be a while before thats added. It definitely should be added though. I kinda like the idea of inter-galactic travel, but you would have to be VERY advanced. Currently, Micdoodle hasn't even added the whole of our solar system. After our solar system has been entirely added, there will probably be a few other systems and stars added. And after that, then yes, there will be a new galaxy added, but it would be a truly monumental effort to get there, you would have to be at near-end tier of things. The planet ideas you have thought up don't have to be necessarily in another galaxy, they have all been found in our galaxy. I do like the idea of long-distance travel between stars and between galaxies *cough* *wormhole* *cough*, but right now I think I would just like to see the rest of our solar system added before we take such a big leap.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I'm pretty sure it's always been a plan to add more solar systems and eventually galaxies.

I think right now they are focused on getting one solar system done, which isn't an easy task. Especially when Minecraft keeps updating and changing things, which requires whole rewrites of mods sometimes.

Mar 8, 2015
I'm pretty sure it's always been a plan to add more solar systems and eventually galaxies.

I think right now they are focused on getting one solar system done, which isn't an easy task. Especially when Minecraft keeps updating and changing things, which requires whole rewrites of mods sometimes.
I agree with you, modding takes alot of hard work and it would take longer too.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
I'm playing around with the API right now and try to generate solar systems dynamically, let's see how far I'll come...

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia

Minecraft barely updates anymore since microsoft became the owners, so it should be easy. Problem is, after a while Minecraft will stop being popular and people will stop playing it, then Micdoodle won't have anyone to use his awesome mod

Mar 8, 2015
Minecraft barely updates anymore since microsoft became the owners, so it should be easy. Problem is, after a while Minecraft will stop being popular and people will stop playing it, then Micdoodle won't have anyone to use his awesome mod
Well if that happens micdoodle could turn the mod into a full game similar to starmade and others.