Jetpacks: Freedom of motion on space stations

Do you think that this is a good idea?

• Total voters

CPL-Coconut

Apr 2, 2013
I would like to see a section of the mod that adds a form of propulsion for the player when floating around in his large tin/dirt/stone/whatever floating container in space. One suggestion is along the lines of incorporating some armour much like the electric jetpack in IC2 that allows the wearer to fly around his station and expand it to an even further extent.

Mar 12, 2013
i posted a artificial gravity idea about magnetic flooring. maybe having it repel u a little bit while having enough gravity to keep u there? help u fly a bit like in creative

Wulfyk

Mar 30, 2013
Warsaw
www.planetminecraft.com
Funny fact about Galacticraft, if you look trought Language log you will find there is item called jetpack. I bet it isn't added because it's not ready yet. But for sure it's in plans.

mrxbox5

May 20, 2013
There should be an EVA suit, I find myself unable to do space station additions legitimately in minecraft without the use of flight via creative. an EVA suit would allow (sort of) easy space manuvers and the ability to stay in one place.

220px-Apollo_Moonwalk2.jpg

tihmstar

Jul 23, 2013
Hey guys,
what about having jetpacks added to the mod?
It would be really helpfull, while building the space station.

I tried to build my space station in creative mode and i noticed, that i would have died a lot of times, if i couldn't fly.

So, i think jetpacks would be great.
They could be powerd either by energy or by fuel/oil and they could be acivated by doubleperssing the spacebar, similar to the flymode in creative.

Jappards

Aug 2, 2013
jetpacks are very helpfull in space, but there are quite cheaty in the overworld, so what about that the jetpacks don`t work in the overworld?

tihmstar

Jul 23, 2013
why ?
whats wrong with jetpacks in the overworld?
But how about jetpacks need a lot more fuel in the overworld, because of the gravity?

Jappards

Aug 2, 2013
because if there are monsters, you could just fly away and that is cheaty.
that is a better way and it makes a lot of sense, more gravity = more fuel.

tihmstar

Jul 23, 2013
Why would i want to fly away from monsters?
If i have enough ressources to build a jetpack, then i'll also have enough (sword, armor etc) to kill monsters

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
The jetpacks don't need to be as powerful as those of Tekkit and FTB. They could work only in dimensions with 0.00 - 0.15 G.

In real life, jetpacks (called SAFER) are used to provide free-flying mobility for a Space Shuttle or Space Station. Obviously, there are designed to work in environments with micro-gravity, they barely can lift an individual on normal gravity.

tihmstar

Jul 23, 2013
The jetpacks don't need to be as powerful as those of Tekkit and FTB. They could work only in dimensions with 0.00 - 0.15 G.
I think they should work everywhere, but take a lot of fuel on earth.
But they should be designed for 40% gravity. Think about other planet, which will be added.