Jupiter as Next Planet and a Lot of Ideas!

Do you agree to these two ideas?

• I agree

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • I disagree

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I just want Jupiter

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 26, 2013
You may added my comment's idea 'cause the fuel idea. In my previous thread I was writeing abaut infinite adventures witouth mining a few hours for every space travel. After making your bases in the Solar System, or further, from your Earth materials, you could return to different planets for easily recovered rescoures, like fuel farms of Jupiter instead of oil mining, or a food planet, maybe the moon with more easily acquireable cheese. The asteroid/rock rings between and around planets are full of ice ( for water ) and metals for your more advanced spacecrafts. Also, for mining in these rings, I can only repeat myself by adding manually drived spacecrafts, instead of the planet selection GUI. You also described the hot Mercury, where you could make your thermal power plant. Many of you would may like getting further witouth the original years of mining on Eart - don't you?;)

Last edited:

Ubuntu User

Sep 22, 2013
on the moon maybe, but there's no cheese on Jupiter :p I think it would be cool if each planet's villagers where created based on something that planet is known for. Mars would be little green men, Jupiter would be floating jellyfish like things (as described as a possibility on a show called "The Universe" or "Cosmos" )

Ubuntu User: I agree... Though there would need to be a new suit to hold you on Jupiter... But what if this... We have like this superman potion and the jellyfish like things could be like red squids but less derpy and more intelligent and total black eyes. Possibly it is hostile and you can tame the baby squid people. But how do we do this?

Mar 11, 2013
From Wikipedia
Internal structure

This cut-away illustrates a model of the interior of Jupiter, with a rocky core overlaid by a deep layer of liquid metallic hydrogen.
Jupiter is thought to consist of a dense core with a mixture of elements, a surrounding layer of liquid metallic hydrogen with some helium, and an outer layer predominantly of molecular hydrogen.[31]Beyond this basic outline, there is still considerable uncertainty. The core is often described as rocky, but its detailed composition is unknown, as are the properties of materials at the temperatures and pressures of those depths (see below). In 1997, the existence of the core was suggested by gravitational measurements,[31] indicating a mass of from 12 to 45 times the Earth's mass or roughly 3%–15% of the total mass of Jupiter.[30][33] The presence of a core during at least part of Jupiter's history is suggested by models of planetary formation involving initial formation of a rocky or icy core that is massive enough to collect its bulk of hydrogen and helium from the protosolar nebula. Assuming it did exist, it may have shrunk as convection currents of hot liquid metallic hydrogen mixed with the molten core and carried its contents to higher levels in the planetary interior. A core may now be entirely absent, as gravitational measurements are not yet precise enough to rule that possibility out entirely.[31][34]

The uncertainty of the models is tied to the error margin in hitherto measured parameters: one of the rotational coefficients (J6) used to describe the planet's gravitational moment, Jupiter's equatorial radius, and its temperature at 1 bar pressure. The Juno mission, which launched in August 2011, is expected to better constrain the values of these parameters, and thereby make progress on the problem of the core.[35]

The core region is surrounded by dense metallic hydrogen, which extends outward to about 78 percent of the radius of the planet.[30] Rain-like droplets of helium and neon precipitate downward through this layer, depleting the abundance of these elements in the upper atmosphere.[20][36]

Above the layer of metallic hydrogen lies a transparent interior atmosphere of hydrogen. At this depth, the temperature is above the critical temperature, which for hydrogen is only 33 K[37] (see hydrogen). In this state, there are no distinct liquid and gas phases—hydrogen is said to be in a supercritical fluid state. It is convenient to treat hydrogen as gas in the upper layer extending downward from the cloud layer to a depth of about 1,000 km,[30] and as liquid in deeper layers. Physically, there is no clear boundary—gas smoothly becomes hotter and denser as one descends.[38][39]

The temperature and pressure inside Jupiter increase steadily toward the core. At the phase transition region where hydrogen—heated beyond its critical point—becomes metallic, it is believed the temperature is 10,000 K and the pressure is200 GPa. The temperature at the core boundary is estimated to be 36,000 K and the interior pressure is roughly 3,000–4,500 GPa.[30]

It would be impossible for anyone to land on Jupiter, but you have 4 moons that could serve as perfect landing spots for the players. Same goes for Saturn, it is another gas giant which has a similar internal structure (theory).

It would also look awesome in the game
mcjupiter.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ubuntu User
Mar 11, 2013
it looks like a marble :/
Funny is when you see it in a telescope it looks very flat, and hard to make out the bands (even at 414x magnification like my telescope can achieve) and the red dot is almost invisible. That looks like an artist rendition of the planet... too much shine. Shine would indicate the presence of water or another reflective surface, which Jupiter does not have. The image from wikipedia is a more closer representation of what the planet actually looks like.

Sep 13, 2013
From Wikipedia

It would be impossible for anyone to land on Jupiter, but you have 4 moons that could serve as perfect landing spots for the players. Same goes for Saturn, it is another gas giant which has a similar internal structure (theory).

It would also look awesome in the game
mcjupiter.jpg
No,....it wouldn't look awesome it would look plain FREAKY ;/ trust me imagine you look at a planet that looks like its about to hit you then you think it looks horrible the next day ;/