Jupiter as Next Planet and a Lot of Ideas!

Do you agree to these two ideas?

• I agree

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • I disagree

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I just want Jupiter

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
Alright so i have been looking forward in making a thread like this in awhile so i decided that i should do it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JUPITER
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALIEN VILLAGERS
-They should be improved. I know this is just early aplha, but seriously tho, they are useless, literally-useless.
-Trades should be added;
Example: He will give you 1 NASA Workbench for 2 Pieces of Cheese
-They should be chased by evolved Zombies, turning them into alien zombies or something.
-Alien Villager UFOs
-Diffrent colored jackets (They all look the same)
-Protectors-Something like Alien Golems?
-That would make them more intresting.
BLACK HOLES
Black Holes would appear very rarely on the GUI screen. If you launch to a black hole in Survival, Hardcore or Adventure mode-you get sucked up and die. However, if you are in Creative you would get sucked up and teleported to a random planet (Earth/Overworld, Moon or Mars). If a Black Hole appears on the GUI screen you can click the "Send to dimension" button to acess it. If you are in a tier 2+ rocket and launch to a Black Hole you have a chance of surviving my moving to the opposite way the Black Hole is.
If the team had any other ideas for any of this, tell me in the comments and i will remove it.
If you don't understand anything tell me and i will make it clear.
If you hate this post and want to rage all over the forums like a 9yr old, then just ignore it.
If you agree or disagree to this post then vote it on the pool.
Thank you for reading this long long long thread (I don't wanna make it anymore longer due to raging 9yr olds.
------------------THE POOL WILL BE CLOSED IN 7 DAYS DUE TO THE NEXT UPDATE-------------------

Last edited:

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I'd like to see Jupiter. I'd like to see any planet though. Jupiter would be pretty cool though since it's the most different from what we have now. Mars and the moon might be different planets, but they're both rocky surfaced planets. On a coding side it might be easier to add more rocky planets since much of the same code can probably be reused for each one. Jupiter would be most interesting though.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
cheese should be used to trade with villagers!

on the moon maybe, but there's no cheese on Jupiter :p I think it would be cool if each planet's villagers where created based on something that planet is known for. Mars would be little green men, Jupiter would be floating jellyfish like things (as described as a possibility on a show called "The Universe" or "Cosmos" )

Captain Kirk

Aug 26, 2013
I would prefer mercury to Jupiter, due to the fact I would enjoy a heat-based survival mechanism, and how would one code a gas giant.
If micdoodle8 has a idea of how to code Jupiter, then I am all for it.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I would prefer mercury to Jupiter, due to the fact I would enjoy a heat-based survival mechanism, and how would one code a gas giant.
If micdoodle8 has a idea of how to code Jupiter, then I am all for it.

In my current setup there's clouds that you can stand on/break and move through. Jupiter could be coded similar to that. A planet full of these cloud type blocks of different color and density. They'd be "Hydrogen gas" blocks, etc. Moving around in it would be something like swimming through thick water (because of the pressure).

Formula350

Sep 2, 2013
I think that the Gas Giants should not be capable of travel to, specifically, but only to their moons. Each moon could be treated as a Space Station (and thus, no user-created Space Station would be available). Might have to treat each Gas Giant as a solar system of sorts, but maybe not.

If it is allowable to travel to them though, I think at least for Jupiter and Saturn the "ground" should be a new sort of silvery-lava, to simulate the liquid metallic hydrogen core.

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
Well it would be awesome to go on Jupiter and the other Gas Giants, with a specified gear, etc. Even tho they would be hard to code-it can be tried?
Jupiter_MassEffect2.png

Reactions: hellomynameis

Captain Kirk

Aug 26, 2013
This would be a golden opportunity to introduce a EVA suit with heat resist.
What about being able to build upon the planets ring?

Reactions: livid
Aug 31, 2013
Finland
And no... Too high pressure in Jupiter!!!!

Hey... What about Saturn's moon Enceladus? It is confirmed hot steam rises from it's surface. Very likely alien life there. And the moon Of Jupiter, Europa. Frozen surface and liquid warm tidally heated water inside!!!

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
In my current setup there's clouds that you can stand on/break and move through. Jupiter could be coded similar to that. A planet full of these cloud type blocks of different color and density. They'd be "Hydrogen gas" blocks, etc. Moving around in it would be something like swimming through thick water (because of the pressure).

so like Aether II :p

Captain Kirk

Aug 26, 2013
Simple.
The EVA suit requires metal stabilizers, that help you deal with the increased weight, and allow you to walk up 1 block, because you could not jump
in 265% gravity. Other then that, potion of swiftness 2